Welcome To aBlackWeb

What’s the difference between Forums and sites like FB, Twitter and IG?

Like @Goldie says you can have a conversation/debate on a forum... IMO they are generally laid out better too, I dont have Twitter but when I hit a link onto there I dont even understand the layout lol I see it as just more for updates and statement/rants...

IG is full of emojis and one word comments, dumbing down human language basically...

You go on a music, sport or car forum etc youre likely gonna find like minded people that are generally not gonna troll, so you can actually chop it up with people...

Facebook is more for family and old classmates. they don't have your number, but they can't hit you if it's important on FB.

IG is for admiring ppl (thots); niggaz are IG thots too. People who follow only friends and post family pic are more on facebook and they keep IG just to be nosy.

Twitter is similar to forums but it's a place where you can follow celebs nothing more nothing less. A lot of stuff on the net originate in a forum then gets popular on other social media platforms

Forums are dope cause it brings back the original chat room vibe from the AOL and Yahoo days. Strangers communicating in sub-forums about a subject and they can leave that sub-forum and engage in another subject. On all the other aforementioned platforms, one or two trending topics can take over your whole timeline. I can leave cool table and go talk about sports or movies.

I like all the other sections on here, but just like on the IC, the main thing that brings me back to forums is The Music section. I'm a hiphop/music nerd. The average person doesn't give af who engineered an album or who was first to flip a certain sample. As much shit I say to my fellow Record Store niggas ( @GOAT , @Revolver Ocelot @5th Letter , etc) , I respect their hip hop/music knowledge. That's something u can't get talking to the average person.

When I watch the budden podcast, that's all it really is. 4 hiphop/music nerds talkin for 3 hrs lol

I can/do have these type of convos allday everyday

As much shit I say to my fellow Record Store niggas ( @GOAT , @Revolver Ocelot @5th Letter , etc) , I respect their hip hop/music knowledge.
giphy.webp

Social Media - Mostly marketing and promotion...

Forums - Actual discusion about various topics...

Too much flexing going on, on FB and people go viral for the dumbest sh%t. I know this girl go viral with EVERYTHING, even when she is having "family" time. Some people don't know the meaning of humble and forgot to live life outside the internet. As soon as they get in a form of a relationship, then they give the world every second of it like it's reality show TV. Remind me of another time, when someone on my feed, screenshot the amount and day that they were receiving their taxes back

Q5PhOBU.gif

Back