Welcome To aBlackWeb

What’s the difference between Forums and sites like FB, Twitter and IG?

Eartha Clit

💜
Site President
I had a long winded break down of the difference for me. What say you?

I’ll drop mine in a minute.

I think on forums the main thing that drives it is conversation and that's not really the case for the other platforms.

Twitter is more for shock value to go viral and get retweets on some popularity shit, there's not really any conversation, just random posts.

IG is just to stunt, barely any conversation.

I'm not really familiar with FB, but I would guess it's the closest thing to forums.

Twitter is good for breaking news and stupid dog videos that get 100k likes for some strange reason

IG is all about women who put up the half naked pics for thousands of likes and thirsty men

Facebook is pretty much played out. I only have mine for family reasons. I don’t even have the app on my phone anymore. Slowly stopped going on it for the most part

More intellectual posters, topics and conversations. I got put on a lot of game on the old Eye See than I really think it would've been hard to get locally. Threads from over there and here inspired me to go for my goals. FB just seems like a cesspool for gossip and negativity in the local area.

Last edited:
I think on forums the main thing that drives it is conversation and that's not really the case for the other platforms.

Twitter is more for shock value to go viral and get retweets on some popularity shit, there's not really any conversation, just random posts.

IG is just to stunt, barely any conversation.

I'm not really familiar with FB, but I would guess it's the closest thing to forums.
You took my words.

IG for me just for fam, friends and popular personalities in entertainment and sport etc plus a couple ABW posters...

Twitter just to follow a couple 'clients'...

Here? Like @Goldie stated conversation and the humour... Plus it's the first website I click on when I'm less busy doing fuck all or my newspaper...

Plus I'm a HipHop head so my first opening page on here always 'The Record Store' to catch up on music news and discussion

I only follow 5 ppl on IG and none of them be flexing

4 regular accounts and a business account

From what others post tho, the flex and look at me accounts are in full effect

Facebook was meant for family and friends to keep in contact but once it let more then college students in, it has grown to more than a social place. Now you can buy and sell stuff off of it.
I don't have Twitter but from the looks of it, it is a social place for quick thoughts and short rants. Ig is to post pics. Sell a dream or body. Forums are centered around discussion.

Instagram is who you pretend to be

Facebook is who you want people to think you to be

Twitter is who you are, and you ain't shit...but you cool, cause people think ur just joking

Forums are who you are if you actually liked people

Dating apps are who you think people want to fuck, but nobody wants to actually fuck u...the real u, let's be honest, and if they did, you wouldn't wanna fuck them, cause something gotta be wrong with the person that wants to fuck who u actually are..

Meaningful dialogue happens on forums. There's a real exchange of ideas that happen there and there's active forums for nearly everything you can think of.

I had a problem with the heat on my van a few months ago, I posted it up along with pics under the hood on a forum dedicated to people that own this specific type of minivan and got help with it. Years ago I had an issue with an old analog synth of mine, a cat from the forum I was on also had one and he still had the original cassette it came with to restore the synth to it's factory state. He recorded it as a wav file and posted a link to it on the board and I was able to fix it. Back in 2001 I released a CD and posted it up on every music focused message board I was on and threw a link to it in my signature on the others. All of my sales came from the cats on the boards. When others dropped new music we would all support it. On other boards there's a sense of community and whenever one of us ventures out to do something there's support from that community. When I had my club residency I had cats from all over checking me out if they happened to be in Tha D. I was on a board for raves in AZ a whole ago. Cat from the board in Goodyear opened up a lil sandwich spot out there and all of us on the board supported him in it.

Shit like that is what really differentiates SM from forums/message boards; a sense of community. I'm on boards for nearly everything I have an interest in. FB/IG/Twitter ain't got that kind of community unless you stuntin', and even then niggas flake out.

Meaningful dialogue happens on forums. There's a real exchange of ideas that happen there and there's active forums for nearly everything you can think of.

I had a problem with the heat on my van a few months ago, I posted it up along with pics under the hood on a forum dedicated to people that own this specific type of minivan and got help with it. Years ago I had an issue with an old analog synth of mine, a cat from the forum I was on also had one and he still had the original cassette it came with to restore the synth to it's factory state. He recorded it as a wav file and posted a link to it on the board and I was able to fix it. Back in 2001 I released a CD and posted it up on every music focused message board I was on and threw a link to it in my signature on the others. All of my sales came from the cats on the boards. When others dropped new music we would all support it. On other boards there's a sense of community and whenever one of us ventures out to do something there's support from that community. When I had my club residency I had cats from all over checking me out if they happened to be in Tha D. I was on a board for raves in AZ a whole ago. Cat from the board in Goodyear opened up a lil sandwich spot out there and all of us on the board supported him in it.

Shit like that is what really differentiates SM from forums/message boards; a sense of community. I'm on boards for nearly everything I have an interest in. FB/IG/Twitter ain't got that kind of community unless you stuntin', and even then niggas flake out.

I think most of this stems from the size of the audience. twitter, fb, and ig are geared towards the whole world while forums zero in on specific content...member tends to form more meaningful and close "relationships" based off shared interests vs user of social medai gaints who post for attention shits and giggles.

Forums are for actual conversations. More tight knit groups.

The rest are for droppin a quick post then dippin off to something else. More drama. Folks like drama.

I prefer forums over the other site.

Back