Weddings on social media

MissTriss

Aug 28, 2019
There’s these girls I grew up with, we were friends for some years until they decided that they didn’t want to be friends with me anymore.

We’ll call them Ellen and Francine. I feel bad whenever I think about Ellen and I feel bad when I think about Francine. I don’t know how to feel better about it.

Last year (November) Ellen got married to a guy she’s been with since high school. I wasn’t invited. She didn’t invite me to the wedding or even talk to me about it although we were in church together the Sunday before (literally the day before). Ellen saw me but didn’t even come to say hi or acknowledge me at all. I felt awkward because our other friend from school, let’s call her Catherine was also at church with us and was a bridesmaid at her wedding. Ellen now lives a 10 minute drive away from each other and doesn’t bother to talk to me at all although her mother still talks to my sister. I feel sad about this.

My other friend from high school, Francine, got married two weeks ago and I didn’t even know until I saw it on Instagram and her Twitter. We met with each other a few times before her wedding and she didn’t even invite me, said it was a small family wedding but I saw the pictures and it wasn’t that small. I feel hurt.

I don’t know how I should feel about all this. I’m struggling to move on although they’re happy with their lives and I’m miserable though they’re not wasting a second thinking about me. I need to move on but not sure how to.

What makes it sadder is my own life sucks in comparison. I’m not sure I want what they have but seeing them hurt me and then being happy on Instagram, not even sparing a thought about me makes me feel pathetic. I need to move on but hurting

There’s these girls I grew up with, we were friends for some years until they decided that they didn’t want to be friends with me anymore.

We’ll call them Ellen and Francine. I feel bad whenever I think about Ellen and I feel bad when I think about Francine. I don’t know how to feel better about it.

Last year (November) Ellen got married to a guy she’s been with since high school. I wasn’t invited. She didn’t invite me to the wedding or even talk to me about it although we were in church together the Sunday before (literally the day before). Ellen saw me but didn’t even come to say hi or acknowledge me at all. I felt awkward because our other friend from school, let’s call her Catherine was also at church with us and was a bridesmaid at her wedding. Ellen now lives a 10 minute drive away from each other and doesn’t bother to talk to me at all although her mother still talks to my sister. I feel sad about this.

My other friend from high school, Francine, got married two weeks ago and I didn’t even know until I saw it on Instagram and her Twitter. We met with each other a few times before her wedding and she didn’t even invite me, said it was a small family wedding but I saw the pictures and it wasn’t that small. I feel hurt.

I don’t know how I should feel about all this. I’m struggling to move on although they’re happy with their lives and I’m miserable though they’re not wasting a second thinking about me. I need to move on but not sure how to.

What makes it sadder is my own life sucks in comparison. I’m not sure I want what they have but seeing them hurt me and then being happy on Instagram, not even sparing a thought about me makes me feel pathetic. I need to move on but hurting
well, you didnt have to buy any wedding gifts so i would call that a win

but why do you feel like you missed out on something? Do you actually like going to weddings?

well, you didnt have to buy any wedding gifts so i would call that a win

but why do you feel like you missed out on something? Do you actually like going to weddings?

It’s not that I feel like I missed out. It’s more that I thought we were friends but clearly they don’t want me in their lives and not inviting me shows this.

Do you still wanna be friends with these people, if so you gotta step to them and get answers on why they decided to do what they did. Me personally I wouldn't want to be around jackasses who don't wanna be around me. Make more time to spend with your other friends

It’s not that I feel like I missed out. It’s more that I thought we were friends but clearly they don’t want me in their lives and not inviting me shows this.

i was gonna post what Thor just did

i woudlnt feel slighted at all...there could a be a ton of factors that went into that decision, but at either rate, not being invited to a wedding aint even on the list of 100 things that i would get upset about

The one thing about friendship is, it can't be forced

For whatever reason it seems like they grew apart from you and you want answers or need closure but really they dont owe it to you

The only way you gonna be able to move on is make more meaningful friendships and let those ties slowly dwindle away

And remove yaself from they Social Media. Why you following them if they dont rock with you like that

nothing unnatural about feeling left out, or some kinda way that your old friends kinda moved on without you. but that's what life is about. moving on.

also you have to realize that you are only a major consideration in your life. you may exist in other peoples lives, but only as a background character.

i don't think either of them did anything necessarily wrong, it just shows you that you're not in their inner circle. which is cool. you just haven't prolly given much thought to it until you felt left out..

but in reality, you've clearly been left out of a lot with them.....this just the first time YOU felt it.....so again....it's not about them.. it's just about being honest with yourself, and how close are you really to these people...

yea you know, but how many things have happened to you, that you never even considered either one of them. like you gotta be honest about who you are really close with, and people you just see online a lot.

Going off nothing but the OP, i think the reason why you feel hurt about nothing being invited to the weddings is because you feel as if your life sucks.

The hurt isnt really why didnt they invite me but more about why is their life so fun but my life so trash.

Feeling like your life sucks isnt an exclusive feeling to you. There are millions of people that are feeling like that right now. You are not alone.

I would suggest some self reflection to find out why you're not happy and figure out what will make you happy and draw out some short term goals that will get you there.

Talking to people will hopefully help.

If I ever get married I don’t want any pics on social media or anyone putting it on their stories or timeline or whatever. I doubt that will happen though

You'd be surprised where weddings pics can go once people have their own pics. When I found out where a family member of mine sent some of my pics I just laughed and shook my head. I understood it but I was like
tenor.gif