Welcome To aBlackWeb

Paramount + We Need To Talk About Cosby

illestni99ainne

I Crop Dusted Ya Moms

Emmy-winning director and stand-up comic W. Kamau Bell introduces four-part docuseries We Need to Talk About Cosby.

Nearly a year after it’s premiere at Sundance Film Festival 2021, the docuseries We Need to Talk About Cosby has landed a home on Showtime. Created by director, stand-up comic, author and United Shades of America host W. Kamau Bell, the series will chronicle Bill Cosby’s prestigious comedy career and his recent controversy surrounding sexual misconduct of more than 60 women.

As an aspiring comic raised in the 1970s, Bell admits in a new teaser for We Need to Talk About Cosby that he considered Cosby a hero.

“What do we do about everything we knew about Bill Cosby and what we know now? How do we talk about about Bill Cosby?” Bell questions towards the end of the 50-second teaser.

In a recent statement, Bell stood by his decision of making the docuseries, which features appearances from Jemele Hill, Jelani Cobb, Godfrey and others.

“As a ‘child’ of Bill Cosby, I was a huge fan of all of his shows and wanted to be a comedian because of him,” Bell said. “I never thought I’d ever wrestle with who we all thought Cosby was and who we now understand him to be. I’m not sure he would want me to do this work, but Cliff Huxtable definitely would.”

Vinnie Malhorta, executive vice president of nonfiction programming at Showtime Networks also added his support of Bell:

“Kamau has bravely ventured into a very complicated and nuanced area of the Bill Cosby story, which has yet to be explored in this depth. It’s an important and under-reported perspective on the legacy of one of history’s most iconic African-American entertainers.”

We Need to Talk About Cosby will be executive produced by Bell, Andrew Fried, Katie A. King, Dane Lillegard, Jordan Wynn and Sarina Roma, with Geraldine Porras serving as co-executive producer.

We Need to Talk About Cosby will be executive produced by Bell, Andrew Fried, Katie A. King, Dane Lillegard, Jordan Wynn and Sarina Roma, with Geraldine Porras serving as co-executive producer.

The announcement of We Need to Talk About Cosby comes six months after rumors of a Cosby comeback tour. We Need to Talk About Cosby is set to premiere on January 30 at 10 PM.

sigh-ok.gif

I’ll check it out though

We can twlk about biw alot of them bitches are liars and almost all of them ha e a checkered past that deems them untrustworthy. We can twlk about the asshole D.A and the fucked up unethical procedure that lead to cosby's indictment. There was no rape all of thise whores are liars who had consensual sex with Bill and piped qualuudes. Close thread.

These things are always interesting. It’s like a roach saying how much he or she hates people that make messes but they thrive and are in their element when people make messes. It’s truly interesting.

I am not sure what else could be talked about. So unless they’re going to specifically speak with Bill, it’s just another hit piece.

We can twlk about biw alot of them bitches are liars and almost all of them ha e a checkered past that deems them untrustworthy. We can twlk about the asshole D.A and the fucked up unethical procedure that lead to cosby's indictment. There was no rape all of thise whores are liars who had consensual sex with Bill and piped qualuudes. Close thread.

Damn dog why you hate women?

let me spell it out for you slow niggas

cosby accussers have sketchy past that includes run ins with the law are are described by others as liars , untrustworthy etc

cosby chose to do his time instead of taking a plea that would have him labled as a sex offender. that man knew he wasn't no rapist and wasnt going to let anybody call him a sex offender. who goes to meet up with a celebrity in the late hours of the night in a hotel and not have sex involved? there was no rape it was consensual and them hoes popped qualuudes . qualuudes do not make you pass out . they are lying. this still doesn't put him in a good light. he's still scum that cheated on his wife numerous times but he's no rapist. ya'll just still salty he told y'all to pull up your pants and to stop stealing pound cake.

Ion know about w kamau bell

I only know of him from CNN so cant judge him as a "stand up" but imma check this to see how he frames it.

Clout chasing is at an all time high

this here............at some point this shit is supposed to be old news

yet u rarely see the same energy given for all these old white grandparents/great grandparents still alive who were directly responsible for racist policies/acts that terrorized our kinfolk and still make an impact on us today

it's crazy we have to remind people that Ruby Bridges is still only in her 60s.......

we 're supposed to act like full out racism is so long ago.........yet we keep looking for ways to talk about entertainment related shit like Cosby

what's the real intention of continuing to dissect Cosby's story?🙁

Back