Welcome To aBlackWeb

We need to have a discussion about the words, "My truth."

Mister B.

The Devil’s Greatest Advocate…..
Normally, when I hear someone say something like this, it means, "My super self-important opinion." When do those people get challenged with "their truth" as opposed to "THE truth?"

Does the truth even matter anymore? Can a person be absolved for speaking 'their' truth, even if it directly conflicts or possibly contradicts to the actual truth?

Just a clumsy way to say my interpretation

Gotta correct it when you hear it, coach em up lol

Reactions: GNS

Nah, when people use that term, they’re basically saying they not wrong because that’s how they perceived it. But they actually do be wrong. Perception is subject to right/wrong, my truth is not.

Last edited:

Facts, but certain shit you dont even get to interpret. Certain shit is what it is.

As for thread topic, I agree. "My truth" is a horrible saying that needs to die out.

I get it, and I understand it. The vast majority of people and not the ones that get online and spam it to give excuses for being pieces of shit.

The vast majority of people that have to utilize it, utilize it because they are victims of abuse by people that dismiss what they’ve done or manipulate people around the victim to make the victim seem like they are making it up.

To say my truth is to say, despite what has been said or dismissed about my experience, my truth is that based on all of the info involved, I was victimized. And it’s important to do so because it allows the victim to forgive themselves about not being the cause of the victimization.

The fucked up thing about the internet is that it viralizes shit to kill empathy and sympathy in people. Which allows for more predators access and ease to victims.

I get it, and I understand it. The vast majority of people and not the ones that get online and spam it to give excuses for being pieces of shit.

The vast majority of people that have to utilize it, utilize it because they are victims of abuse by people that dismiss what they’ve done or manipulate people around the victim to make the victim seem like they are making it up.

To say my truth is to say, despite what has been said or dismissed about my experience, my truth is that based on all of the info involved, I was victimized. And it’s important to do so because it allows the victim to forgive themselves about not being the cause of the victimization.

The fucked up thing about the internet is that it viralizes shit to kill empathy and sympathy in people. Which allows for more predators access and ease to victims.
In this scenario, their truth is the truth. To say “my truth” is to suggest the abuser’s truth has validity when it doesn’t.

I'm sure there are reasonable uses of the phrase, but most of the time when I see it used, it's by people carrying that "All the facts say I'm wrong, but I'm going to double down because no one can tell me shit" kinda energy.

Back