Old School Godfather
Or was it the best era?

Several classic albums

Big Budget videos

Grammy awards

Even the rappers with the most airplay were still official

The Source was still The Hip Hop Bible

Any Era where Nas and Diddy in the convo is a good era

This is the worst. The music is trash all the rappers have the same flow and ryhme patterns . The subject matter does not exist. furthermore the 80's and 90's even early 2000's artist have a catalog that will still allow them to rap and make music intill their 70. The rappers today don't have enough songs nor long enough careers to make it pass 30.They go from doing staduims in other countries to doing hole in the wall clubs with in the 5 years of their career.

This is the worst. The music is trash all the rappers have the same flow and ryhme patterns . The subject matter does not exist. furthermore the 80's and 90's even early 2000's artist have a catalog that will still allow them to rap and make music intill their 70. The rappers today don't have enough songs nor long enough careers to make it pass 30.They go from doing staduims in other countries to doing hole in the wall clubs with in the 5 years of their career.

I'm playing devil's advocate but, When I was a teenager in the 80s older people said Rap was trash and wasn't real music. Those older people had grown up in the 60s and 70s and that's what they considered "real music".

Now, I'm that older person in my 40s and I think (almost) everything that came out over the past 10 years is trash.

I'm playing devil's advocate but, When I was a teenager in the 80s older people said Rap was trash and wasn't real music. Those older people had grown up in the 60s and 70s and that's what they considered "real music".

Now, I'm that older person in my 40s and I think (almost) everything that came out over the past 10 years is trash.
but the older heads gave credit due. My pops loved biggie and even pac. Almost all the old heads loved snoop too with that being said i think we can agree this generation music is trash. The love songs are sex songs. Can you remeber the last time you heard a r and b song that wasnt about drugs and sex. but i agree with you most of the old heads did belive rapp was trash but they didnt have hip hop they had r and b.

but the older heads gave credit due. My pops loved biggie and even pac. Almost all the old heads loved snoop too with that being said i think we can agree this generation music is trash. The love songs are sex songs. Can you remeber the last time you heard a r and b song that wasnt about drugs and sex. but i agree with you most of the old heads did belive rapp was trash but they didnt have hip hop they had r and b.

Well (still playing devil's advocate) imagine being born in 1950. That means you turned 20 in 1970, 30 in 1980, and 40 in 1990.

The 70s and early 80s had GREAT R&B. Marvin Gaye, Earth Wind & Fire, Parliament, Chaka Khan, Aretha Franklin, James Brown, Jackson 5, etc.

Then you hear Run DMC rapping over a drumbeat. I can post a gang of songs between 1982-1987 where the rapper is rapping over a drumbeat and the chorus is a DJ scratching a record. Can you understand why a person from that generation would say Rap is trash?

Yeah but there's always been artists with questionable lyrical dexterity

2live crew were never meant to be lyrical.

But back then they even called out wack rappers and you didnt end up on unsigned hype if your were trash.

If I call trippie redd or playboi carti trash now, then I'll be called a hater and let them have fun and get money.

How come you can call certain teams or players trash but when it comes to rap you just hating?

Yeah but if you say, "2 Live Crew were never meant to be lyrical" then you can say these new guys, "aren't meant to be lyrical".

You can't have it both ways.

However, I will say that 2 Live Crew was groundbreaking from their dirty lyrics to their use of sub-bass.

Back