Welcome To aBlackWeb

Walmart and 'nem backtracking on self checkout.

Was in Walmart the other day in the morning. Go to check out a lot of people had over 25 items in the cart and was about 10-15 customers with only 3 registers open. One of the lady's that work the front was like no line at self check out. Everybody looked and did not move she said it again.
A lady said ma'am we all have a lot of stuff in our baskets we not going to self check out.
She waited and then she called some folks up front to check out and knocked out the line.

Would've been hilarious if all the customers did like @konceptjones and said............"I don't work here."

Sarkozy laughing clip.gif

Last edited:
Idc if I have a full cart I'm at self checkout. Hate waiting and standing still the sooner I get outta there the better.

Yeah, I can't understand customers not wanting to do self-checkout either......unless they're old or something and don't ever use it.

When I first started reading @Banginscrew901 's story, I thought he was gonna say that Walmart didn't even have the self-checkout lines open.

One of the Walmart's I used to go to that shut down a few months ago was famous for that.

No self-checkout lines open................long lines..............and only one or two people on register.

That one wasn't a super Walmart though............just a retail Walmart that only sells groceries.

From theft to scanning errors, retailers are running into headaches with self-checkout after rolling out the technology aggressively over the last decade.

Now, research finds another problem with self-checkout: fading customer loyalty.

A newly-released study by researchers at Drexel University published in the Journal of Business Research found that "regular checkout" – the kind featuring a human cashier – makes customers more loyal to a store and more likely to revisit in the future than self-checkout.

The study comes as some companies remove self-checkout machines and others adjust their self-checkout operations.

If I have a few items, I’m gonna go to self checkout. Period.

If I have a lot more? I’ll go to a live cashier. I don’t understand the backlash
A lot of older folk still deal in cash, they don't like using their card anywhere but the bank.

A lot of older folk still deal in cash, they don't like using their card anywhere but the bank.

Shit, a lot of folks out here where I live just in general still deal in cash. I don't care where I go I'm seeing teenagers through senior citizens pullin' cash out to pay for stuff.

Self-check out is being eliminated in my local Wal-Marts. I dislike this move.

Wal-Mart has the worst cashiers in the history. They’re slow as hell and they want to have full on conversations.

While I’m not anti-social per se, I like to keep it moving and I scan my stuff fast. I keep my cart very organized. I don’t like piling items in there. I organize my cart a certain way because I scan things in a certain order. I am the same way with my bagging.

Wal-Mart has the worst cashiers in the history. They’re slow as hell and they want to have full on conversations.

While I’m not anti-social per se, I like to keep it moving and I scan my stuff fast. I keep my cart very organized. I don’t like piling items in there. I organize my cart a certain way because I scan things in a certain order. I am the same way with my bagging.

You know you steal.

Liar

What Walmart employee is having full convos with you?

I'm lucky if I get a "how are you"

Liar

What Walmart employee is having full convos with you?

I'm lucky if I get a "how are you"

At least 50% of them. It seems to be therapy for them. The men like the be humorous and not as serious. The women yap about random stuff and about people I don’t know. I’m not mean and I’ll engage but inside I’m dying to move on and for them to shut the fuck up.

At least 50% of them. It seems to be therapy for them. The men like the be humorous and not as serious. The women yap about random stuff and about people I don’t know. I’m not mean and I’ll engage but inside I’m dying to move on and for them to shut the fuck up.
Or... or maybe they feel like it's therapy for you and are showing you a kindness.

giphy (31).gif

Back