Welcome To aBlackWeb

Waka Flocka facing backlash for asking gay men not compliment him

y'all must have forgot:

I am personally disgusted by the gay shit but i'll be the first to say that they deserve their rights. As long as they're not fucking with me we're good. two consenting adults have the right to do whatever they want to do regardless of my personal opinion on it. That's fair. Even though I'm not fan of the gay shit two consenting adults are free to go engage in as much faggotry as they choose just as long as they're not fucking with me. But it's a whoooooole nother story when them faggot motufuckas make that conscious decision to cross that line and bring that gay shit into my world. At that point all bets are off and they will get what the fuck they deserve.

I am personally disgusted by the gay shit but i'll be the first to say that they deserve their rights. As long as they're not fucking with me we're good. two consenting adults have the right to do whatever they want to do regardless of my personal opinion on it. That's fair. Even though I'm not fan of the gay shit two consenting adults are free to go engage in as much faggotry as they choose just as long as they're not fucking with me. But it's a whoooooole nother story when them faggot motufuckas make that conscious decision to cross that line and bring that gay shit into my world. At that point all bets are off and they will get what the fuck they deserve.

My nigga

This is my only thing...

Dont take the 'catcall' stance if u were against it when it was trending bc females had a prob with it and u said they were overreacting

Side from that tho...i think there will come a time where heteros will be ostracised for not being remotely open to homo activities and will be the new outcast

This is my only thing...

Dont take the 'catcall' stance if u were against it when it was trending bc females had a prob with it and u said they were overreacting

Side from that tho...i think there will come a time where heteros will be ostracised for not being remotely open to homo activities and will be the new outcast

That's not really the same though is it. The problem with the catcalling shit is that they were making videos for to out catcalling and half the shit in the videos were just dudes speaking or trying to shoot their shot in a decent manner. Those videos were also misleading as they made it seem like the calls were a constant barrage on the women when the videos were really cut from hours of footage. To make matters worse, a couple dudes made response videos that showed that women were almost as bad in many cases.

Here, Waka is just putting it out that he's not gay, so gays should have no reason to take it there with him anymore.

That's not really the same though is it. The problem with the catcalling shit is that they were making videos for to out catcalling and half the shit in the videos were just dudes speaking or trying to shoot their shot in a decent manner. Those videos were also misleading as they made it seem like the calls were a constant barrage on the women when the videos were really cut from hours of footage. To make matters worse, a couple dudes made response videos that showed that women were almost as bad in many cases.

Here, Waka is just putting it out that he's not gay, so gays should have no reason to take it there with him anymore.

Isn't the bold what Wacka has a problem with? Like @ChicagoFigure said, you can't have called the catcalling/unwanted comments issue BS when it was about the women and then try to use it in this situation. Either it's all BS or Wacka and the women are right. Can't have it both ways.

Isn't the bold what Wacka has a problem with? Like @ChicagoFigure said, you can't have called the catcalling/unwanted comments issue BS when it was about the women and then try to use it in this situation. Either it's all BS or Wacka and the women are right. Can't have it both ways.

You can't shoot your shot in a decent manner if you're going after someone who is inherently not interested in you. Waka is a straight man, so any gay should know off top, they don't have a shot therefore any attempt they make is as disrespectful as true cat calling. So yeah, the women are right if they are talking about dudes being disrespectful in their approach and that is the same IMO as gays going after someone they know is not gay.

You can't shoot your shot in a decent manner if you're going after someone who is inherently not interested in you. Waka is a straight man, so any gay should know off top, they don't have a shot therefore any attempt they make is as disrespectful as true cat calling. So yeah, the women are right if they are talking about dudes being disrespectful in their approach and that is the same IMO as gays going after someone they know is not gay.
I see what ur saying but nah i still disagree.

Unwanted attn feels like harrassment. Its not up to the guy who said "but im comin at u respectfully". Theres dudes who are a lil vulgar n think theyre not comin on too strong bc theyre not touching.

Its really up to the person who doesn't want the attn.

So there are parallels between waka and the catcalled chick imo.

Cuz at the same time a hetero dude can get 'complimented' by a gay dude and not be bothered by it....but if it becomes constant ur patience maybe runs low n it feels like harassment....much like the females getting cat called.

So you think every gay man that has complimented him knew exactly who he was and his sexual orientation? This is Wacka, not Drake. He's not known all like that.

I see what ur saying but nah i still disagree.

Unwanted attn feels like harrassment. Its not up to the guy who said "but im comin at u respectfully". Theres dudes who are a lil vulgar n think theyre not comin on too strong bc theyre not touching.

Its really up to the person who doesn't want the attn.

So there are parallels between waka and the catcalled chick imo.

Cuz at the same time a hetero dude can get 'complimented' by a gay dude and not be bothered by it....but if it becomes constant ur patience maybe runs low n it feels like harassment....much like the females getting cat called.

But sometimes you don't know attention is unwanted until you try. If a guy goes at a chick innocently and respectfully, and she lets him know she's not interested, and he moves on. There should be no problem. If he persists even though she made it clear, then yeah, you're right. That's no different than cat calling or any other kinda harassment. The point here is that gays know up front that Waka isn't gay, so for them to continue to pursue him in that way is the same as the guy being told "No" by a woman and continuing on anyway. It's not the same as a dude just innocently shooting his shot without any real knowledge about how it will turn out.

So you think every gay man that has complimented him knew exactly who he was and his sexual orientation? This is Wacka, not Drake. He's not known all like that.

I don't know. I do think it's possible that many of the gays that approached him only did so because they knew he was. Maybe it's just my experience, but I haven't seen where there are a lot of super forward gays that go hollerin at random dudes without some expectation about their sexuality.

This is my only thing...

I guess the way this is different is the gay element. For the majority of society, men holler at women and vice versa. That's what heterosexuals do and the majority of the planet is hetero thus this type of behavior is expected whether the person on the receiving end is feeling the person trying to holler or not.

Homosexuals are different in that they're not going after the expected targets and the reaction to this can be a lot more visceral than trying to holler at the opposite sex because many folks ain't with it or as accepting as they would lead you to believe. Gays can't just be walking up on folks talmbout "you look good" 'cause the chances are stacked against that person being gay like they are. Some hetero folks take offense to being approached by homos trying to holler and the shit can just go bad so it's best not to do it unless you're in a space where it won't happen.

I guess the way this is different is the gay element. For the majority of society, men holler at women and vice versa. That's what heterosexuals do and the majority of the planet is hetero thus this type of behavior is expected whether the person on the receiving end is feeling the person trying to holler or not.

Homosexuals are different in that they're not going after the expected targets and the reaction to this can be a lot more visceral than trying to holler at the opposite sex because many folks ain't with it or as accepting as they would lead you to believe. Gays can't just be walking up on folks talmbout "you look good" 'cause the chances are stacked against that person being gay like they are. Some hetero folks take offense to being approached by homos trying to holler and the shit can just go bad so it's best not to do it unless you're in a space where it won't happen.
Yea i get that. The whole same sex/orientation thing is a good point but imo doesnt change anything for me.

But sometimes you don't know attention is unwanted until you try. If a guy goes at a chick innocently and respectfully, and she lets him know she's not interested, and he moves on. There should be no problem. If he persists even though she made it clear, then yeah, you're right. That's no different than cat calling or any other kinda harassment. The point here is that gays know up front that Waka isn't gay, so for them to continue to pursue him in that way is the same as the guy being told "No" by a woman and continuing on anyway. It's not the same as a dude just innocently shooting his shot without any real knowledge about how it will turn out.
Admittedly i didnt see the comments. Im under the impression he received compliments and not sexual advances. A simple compliment like 'handsome, cute, fine' isnt derogatory. Its simply waka's preference bc it makes him uncomfortable same as a chick who dont wanna be approached or cat called by the opposite sex. Doesnt matter how more likely we are able to gauge the probability of the opposite sex receptiveness

Yea i get that. The whole same sex/orientation thing is a good point but imo doesnt change anything for me.

Admittedly i didnt see the comments. Im under the impression he received compliments and not sexual advances. A simple compliment like 'handsome, cute, fine' isnt derogatory. Its simply waka's preference bc it makes him uncomfortable same as a chick who dont wanna be approached or cat called by the opposite sex. Doesnt matter how more likely we are able to gauge the probability of the opposite sex receptiveness

That's fair, but that only makes him expressing his desire to not be complimented by gay dudes all the more reasonable. If women came out and told men not to compliment them then you'd have a fair comparison. The problem is women don't feel that way. They pick and choose who they like compliments from, and a guy wouldn't know if he's in the good list until he tries. Again, in this case, gays know that Waka doesn't want that kinda attention from them.

Back