Waka Flocka facing backlash for asking gay men not compliment him

Yea i get that. The whole same sex/orientation thing is a good point but imo doesnt change anything for me.

Admittedly i didnt see the comments. Im under the impression he received compliments and not sexual advances. A simple compliment like 'handsome, cute, fine' isnt derogatory. Its simply waka's preference bc it makes him uncomfortable same as a chick who dont wanna be approached or cat called by the opposite sex. Doesnt matter how more likely we are able to gauge the probability of the opposite sex receptiveness

Unless the woman is homosexual, there's going to be a guy that approaches her with a compliment that she's receptive to and herein lies the problem with this way of thinking: If you're truly heterosexual, compliments that would normally come from the opposite sex are not welcome ever. You ain't cool with it, you don't like it, it's never gonna be welcome.

Every woman that claims that advances are unwelcome has a certain type guy that she would welcome those advances from. I don't give a shit what she says outwardly, let the guy she really desires roll up on her and see how well it goes. I don't give a shit if her cat/dog just got run over, she's PMS'ing, and she just lost her job, if the "right man" walked up on her with a compliment she'll be open to receiving it.

• Ether
Reactions: Revolver Ocelot
Unless the woman is homosexual, there's going to be a guy that approaches her with a compliment that she's receptive to and herein lies the problem with this way of thinking: If you're truly heterosexual, compliments that would normally come from the opposite sex are not welcome ever. You ain't cool with it, you don't like it, it's never gonna be welcome.

Every woman that claims that advances are unwelcome has a certain type guy that she would welcome those advances from. I don't give a shit what she says outwardly, let the guy she really desires roll up on her and see how well it goes. I don't give a shit if her cat/dog just got run over, she's PMS'ing, and she just lost her job, if the "right man" walked up on her with a compliment she'll be open to receiving it.
I bet its some straight guys/girls who arent offended if the same sex compliments them even if they arent interested. Same way some chicks will take a compliment from a guy she wont ever give the time of day.

But i get your point.

That's fair, but that only makes him expressing his desire to not be complimented by gay dudes all the more reasonable. If women came out and told men not to compliment them then you'd have a fair comparison. The problem is women don't feel that way. They pick and choose who they like compliments from, and a guy wouldn't know if he's in the good list until he tries. Again, in this case, gays know that Waka doesn't want that kinda attention from them.
Im not against waka's views, if the compliments are light hearted though, i do think hes over doing it. And a gay person might not have thought waka would have a problem with an innocent compliment non sexual in nature.

Again, some heteros will be offended no matter what, some will allow it without engaging.

Which is why i say there are parallels even tho its not exactly 110% the same thing.

Reactions: SeaSnake
Im not against waka's views, if the compliments are light hearted though, i do think hes over doing it. And a gay person might not have thought waka would have a problem with an innocent compliment non sexual in nature.

Again, some heteros will be offended no matter what, some will allow it without engaging.

Which is why i say there are parallels even tho its not exactly 110% the same thing.

Well we can agree to disagree. To me there are plenty of clear differences as have been pointed out, but if you don't think any of those differences matter then we're at an impasse.

Reactions: ChicagoFigure