Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY wage discrimination and the exploitation of workers in the U.S. labor market thread LATEST: Kellogg Strike

So boycott the shit so the customers have to pay more?

For me it's the default tip that's problematic. We've had entirely too many fucked up drivers with Instacart in the last few years that warranted no tip whatsoever. When they first started out here in Vegas back in 2017 they were great and we tipped well. So well that pretty much every driver in the area knew us by name and jumped on our orders. The more people got on the app, the shittier the service got 'cause they started hiring just anybody just to get the orders filled. Instacart went from our go-to delivery service to "damn... we gotta use Instacart this time".

Default tipping is some bullshit. The tip is for good service.

For me it's the default tip that's problematic. We've had entirely too many fucked up drivers with Instacart in the last few years that warranted no tip whatsoever. When they first started out here in Vegas back in 2017 they were great and we tipped well. So well that pretty much every driver in the area knew us by name and jumped on our orders. The more people got on the app, the shittier the service got 'cause they started hiring just anybody just to get the orders filled. Instacart went from our go-to delivery service to "damn... we gotta use Instacart this time".

Default tipping is some bullshit. The tip is for good service.
Doordash and Ubereats the same. Shits a crap shoot, but when it’s fucked up, I just tell myself that I knew I shoulda just took my lazy ass to the store and got it myself. At least when you complain there’s not investigation, you get credit back for ya money right away.

Doordash and Ubereats the same. Shits a crap shoot, but when it’s fucked up, I just tell myself that I knew I shoulda just took my lazy ass to the store and got it myself. At least when you complain there’s not investigation, you get credit back for ya money right away.

I've been doing just that. The entire time my wife was in the hospital this year I went to the store or to whatever spot to pick up food unless it was pizza, then I'd order and have their driver deliver it. My 23 year old orders food all the time and always asks why I won't just do that and I tell her because I can make decisions on the fly and if a place is out of something I know where to get it so I ain't missing items or have bullshit replacements for stuff.

Besides, I'm not so busy that I can't get up and go. Very few people in this country have so much going on that it would be too big of an inconvenience to them to go get their own food.

Back