Welcome To aBlackWeb

FEATURED Vory - Mob Ties (Drake Reference Track Leaked) off of Scorpion

test
Person/group

It don't matter imo but what's abundantly clear is that they do NOT like this nigga

Feels like this has been in the making for a while and was just waiting on the right time to do it
Why would the same person/group drop a drake reference track he did for Wayne inspector gadget?

Isn’t the whole concept of “ghost writing” is that no one knows someone else actually wrote it? Hence the “ghost”?

A credited writer would just be a writer.
People get writer credits on other peoples songs and they didn’t write the whole thing. So who knows 🤷🏿‍♂️

Isn’t the whole concept of “ghost writing” is that no one knows someone else actually wrote it? Hence the “ghost”?

A credited writer would just be a writer.
Nah but you don't understand. Drake was really the ghostwriter for the song he...umm...was credited for writing on??

Hey man you sure this is the right script? It don't sound right.

Why would the same person/group drop a drake reference track he did for Wayne inspector gadget?
IDK b

Maybe there's something far more sinister

I don't have a dog in the fight though

It all nuanced

Even nas said on a song "I asked my man to the right what this verse sound like?" That means HELP happens in the studio, it's supposed to happen. That's why artists and repertoire (A&R) exists. Sometimes a song is presented to an artist that's already fleshed out and all they need to do is write the 16s

A specific song like how to love, which is not wayne's style makes sense that it was probably presented to him with reference

We know all that… point is u can’t shit on Drake for having reference tracks and not give the same energy to Mr I don’t write

I'm Single always sounded like a Drake song. I never read the credits, but I always assumed he had a hand in writing it. He definitely wrote the hook and song structure.

Sidebar: I might be out the loop, but did it ever get confirmed someone wrote Stuntin Like My Daddy? It didn't sound like a Wayne song from that time period.

Niggas get writing credits for hooks maybe a bar or 2. If niggas doing whole reference tracks it's only a problem if their name isn't on it?

Like I've already said it's not about the sauce it's just about WHO is making the sauce.

@PhenomTheMac @Turfaholic where do you stand on ghostwriting? I'm bias cuz it's a hobby. You know B-legit ain't shy about letting unknown niggas write for him. My folks Smurf wrote for him in the mid-2000. A lot of those extra rhymed out B la verses that stray away from his 90's style are written by young niggas

@PhenomTheMac @Turfaholic where do you stand on ghostwriting? I'm bias cuz it's a hobby. You know B-legit ain't shy about letting unknown niggas write for him. My folks Smurf wrote for him in the mid-2000. A lot of those extra rhymed out B la verses that stray away from his 90's style are written by young niggas
Long as you ain't claiming to be top 10. At that point you gotta differentiate between being an artist versus a performer.

So what does this change?

Once a rapper is exposed for having a ghost writer, his pen will always be questioned and his lyricism won't be taken seriously.

He's basically singer status.

With that said, this really changed nothing

I don't care I just knew niggas weren't going to keep the same energy so I'm on their head.

Disappointed in @Goldie tho. Didn't expect this bullshit.
lol idk what you want me to say fam

If the day comes where there's reference tracks to Wayne's rap songs, I'll put him the same category I have Ye and Drake in.

But I'm not doing that over a singing song he gave Drake full credit for from the jump.

Yeah the whole "his name was ft and we kinda knew" a weak take. Wayne just as guilty too especially since everybody was jumping on the "HE CLAIMS HE THE BEST THO!!" regarding Drake but Wayne was screaming he was number 1 over Jay and them and made sure we knew he didnt write shit it was all off the top.

Back