Welcome To aBlackWeb

Vince McMahon Retires

BREAKING NEWS: Sean Ross Sapp of Rightful just tweeted out that many of the powers that be at WWE do NOT want Vince back.

"Numerous WWE higher ups that I’ve spoken to in recent months have indicated to us they want nothing to do with that and are happy with the direction," Sapp said. "I haven’t heard one person there itching for a Vince return...I should state, they wanted nothing to do with a Vince comeback. We’d not discussed him telling people that he planned to make one. “Done done” was the phrase I got often."

They can say that, but if Vince REALLY wants to come back, he will. What they gon do? Vote against it? He controls 81% of the voting power on the board. He can just vote the current board out until he gets people in there that’ll do what he wants them to.

This Nigga was up at 2:30am repeating his campaign for Vince to comeback. TK got niggas out here working that holiday OT, disgusting work
:df4:

The Wall Street Journal reported this afternoon that Vince McMahon, who remains the primary stockholder of World Wrestling Entertainment, is "plotting" a return to power in advance of pursuing a sale of the entire company, leveraging his power as stockholder to force himself back into power.

The article states, "Mr. McMahon, who has majority voting power through his ownership of WWE’s Class-B stock, has told the company that he is electing himself and two former co-presidents and directors, Michelle Wilson and George Barrios, to the board, the people said. The move to reinstate Mr. McMahon, which the board previously rebuffed, and the others will require three current directors to vacate their positions."

WWE, at the time run by McMahon, terminated Barrios and Wilson in January 2020. They have since launched their own investment firm.

The article states that McMahon sent the company's current Board of Directors a letter last month, "detailing his desire to return to the company he ran for four decades, to help spearhead a strategic-review process, the people said. Mr. McMahon believes there is a narrow window to kick off a sales process because WWE’s media rights—including for its flagship programs “Raw” and “SmackDown”—are about to be renegotiated, according to the people."

In July 2022, McMahon "retired" in the wake of WSJ's reporting on a number of payoffs made to women he was personally involved with. An internal investigation ordered by the company's Board of Directors found that while McMahon used personal funds to make the payoffs, they should have been recorded as company expenditures. The investigation officially ended in November 2022.

WSJ is reporting the Board of Directors responded to McMahon that they were "prepared to initiate a review process and would welcome working with him on it. However, it said it unanimously agreed that Mr. McMahon’s return to the business wouldn’t be in shareholders’ best interest, according to people familiar with the letters."

The story notes that WWE's Board asked McMahon, "to confirm his commitment to repay expenses incurred by WWE related to an investigation of the allegations and requested that he agree not to return to the company during government probes of the matter, the people said. Mr. McMahon said in response that he remains willing to continue working to complete any reimbursement for reasonable expenses related to the investigation, to the extent they aren’t covered by insurance, but he declined to agree to not return to the company."

The WSJ article also stated that McMahon has told the Board of Directors that unless he has "direct involvement" as Executive Chairman "from the outset of a strategic review", McMahon would not support or approve "any media-rights deal or sale."

The article notes that it is unknown where this would leave Stephanie McMahon. The article does not mention them, but it obviously also would be unknown where a Vince McMahon return to power in terms of day to day operations of WWE would leave Paul Levesque and Nick Khan, much less the talents and behind the scenes staff who have returned to work for the company since McMahon's exit.

The Wall Street Journal reported this afternoon that Vince McMahon, who remains the primary stockholder of World Wrestling Entertainment, is "plotting" a return to power in advance of pursuing a sale of the entire company, leveraging his power as stockholder to force himself back into power.

The article states, "Mr. McMahon, who has majority voting power through his ownership of WWE’s Class-B stock, has told the company that he is electing himself and two former co-presidents and directors, Michelle Wilson and George Barrios, to the board, the people said. The move to reinstate Mr. McMahon, which the board previously rebuffed, and the others will require three current directors to vacate their positions."

WWE, at the time run by McMahon, terminated Barrios and Wilson in January 2020. They have since launched their own investment firm.

The article states that McMahon sent the company's current Board of Directors a letter last month, "detailing his desire to return to the company he ran for four decades, to help spearhead a strategic-review process, the people said. Mr. McMahon believes there is a narrow window to kick off a sales process because WWE’s media rights—including for its flagship programs “Raw” and “SmackDown”—are about to be renegotiated, according to the people."

In July 2022, McMahon "retired" in the wake of WSJ's reporting on a number of payoffs made to women he was personally involved with. An internal investigation ordered by the company's Board of Directors found that while McMahon used personal funds to make the payoffs, they should have been recorded as company expenditures. The investigation officially ended in November 2022.

WSJ is reporting the Board of Directors responded to McMahon that they were "prepared to initiate a review process and would welcome working with him on it. However, it said it unanimously agreed that Mr. McMahon’s return to the business wouldn’t be in shareholders’ best interest, according to people familiar with the letters."

The story notes that WWE's Board asked McMahon, "to confirm his commitment to repay expenses incurred by WWE related to an investigation of the allegations and requested that he agree not to return to the company during government probes of the matter, the people said. Mr. McMahon said in response that he remains willing to continue working to complete any reimbursement for reasonable expenses related to the investigation, to the extent they aren’t covered by insurance, but he declined to agree to not return to the company."

The WSJ article also stated that McMahon has told the Board of Directors that unless he has "direct involvement" as Executive Chairman "from the outset of a strategic review", McMahon would not support or approve "any media-rights deal or sale."

The article notes that it is unknown where this would leave Stephanie McMahon. The article does not mention them, but it obviously also would be unknown where a Vince McMahon return to power in terms of day to day operations of WWE would leave Paul Levesque and Nick Khan, much less the talents and behind the scenes staff who have returned to work for the company since McMahon's exit.

Idk the ends and outs of the corporate game but the shareholders in the company need to find a way to block Vince from ever sitting at the top of WWE again as it has been proven that he's a BIG liability to WWE.

If Vince takes power again the same shit is going to happen again as before multiple releases and stale ass creative. HHH has only been in power 6 months while Vince was in power only.... 39 FUCKING YEARS!!! If Vince forces his way back as head of WWE, HHH should just walk away from the company.

Vince is a true heel, damn. This is about to result in WM match between HHH vs Vince for control of the WWE Universe.

He byke byke smh.

Pulled that power move w/ the WWE stock. He can do whatever he wants in order to gain another media/merchandising deal as long as he doesn't put his nose into anything creative.
You know damn well he is going to blame creative/talent so he can "fix" what he deems will get a better bang out the deal and starting fucking with tv.

You know damn well he is going to blame creative/talent so he can "fix" what he deems will get a better bang out the deal and starting fucking with tv.
Vince gonna f*** around and have Roman jobbing out to Elias or Akira Tozawa before it's all said and done smh

I read he might be trying to sale, anyone know how true that is

Vince gonna f*** around and have Roman jobbing out to Elias or Akira Tozawa before it's all said and done smh
I doubt it, he's the jackass that got us in this Roman problem in the first place

Lol If Roman lost to Tozawa i wouldnt even be mad. But like Chi said, Roman Reigns was Vince's project. If anybody he good.

Lol If Roman lost to Tozawa i wouldnt even be mad. But like Chi said, Roman Reigns was Vince's project. If anybody he good.
TBH I wouldn't trip on Tozawa if it was built right. I just couldn't think of anyone low on the totem pole in WWE lol

Elias on the other hand...HELL NAH lol

Lol@ Vince doing EXACTLY what I said he would do. He needed 3 seats for him and his peoples to come back. What happened? 3 members of the board are just gone “without cause.” Lol I said it here first

Back