Welcome To aBlackWeb

Vince McMahon Retires

Who’s watching Smackdown tonight?????
Might be the most interesting one in YEARS.

20220715_SD_MatchPreview_Update_Brock_fc_tonight--68fe08e21bcdda2777d2a04ef01bc8fc.jpg

giphy.gif

So I assume Brock was teachers pet and that knowing Steph and Trips are pretty much running things, they ain’t gonna cater to Brock anymore? Pretty crazy tbh. He may be a part-timer but he’s money and the fact that he’s possibly walking out puts SS in question as to what happens. I like when he’s there but he won’t be terribly missed, he’s achieved wild things in the wwe and him vs Roman is stale at this point… going to be interesting to see what changes/doesn’t change moving forward

They shouldn't have to cater to Lesnar anymore. They've been doing it the last 10 yrs now. Lesnar vs Reigns have been overdone now. If anything I kind wish that we got the final match in HIAC to end their feud.

Just a week before Summerslam, Brock Lesnar walked out of tonight's Smackdown taping in Boston, said to be upset about the retirement of Vince McMahon.

The belief is Lesnar, who was slated to appear on the first segment of tonight's FOX broadcast, walked out to show his support of Vince McMahon in what was described as a "if he goes, I go" move.

Lesnar is not currently backstage.

There is no word get whether Lesnar flew himself home (he travels via private plane) or whether he and the new WWE braintrust will come to some sort of agreement in advance of Summerslam, where he is scheduled to main event against WWE Undisputed Champion Roman Reigns.

WWE is still listing Lesnar as appearing on their website. If Lesnar has not flown home, there is always a chance the two sides will come to terms for him to appear.

The news of Lesnar's walkout was first broken by Bryan Alvarez of F4Wrestling.com. PWInsider has independently confirmed the walkout with multiple sources.

If he stays just to do SS...then I can't see him winning that match.

If he's truly on that "If he goes, I go" stance...then he's definitely not gonna stick around for a title reign.

PWInsider.com is told that there's been a pretty positive reaction in the locker rooms in regard to Vince McMahon's retirement.

While there is some surprise given it was Vince and the belief he would always be around in some form, the idea that there would be a new "energy" for WWE creative has a lot of talents excited to see what comes next. The belief among the younger talents that a younger vision creatively will help the company connect better with the overall audience.

There's also been a lot of wondering what his exit means for the remainder of the executive circles beyond Stephanie McMahon, Triple H and Nick Khan.

There's also been some who have noted they wished they could have at least said goodbye to Vince personally face to face and hoped he would be at Summerslam so they could do that.

Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Ludwig Kaiser is set for Smackdown.

PWInsider.com is told that there's been a pretty positive reaction in the locker rooms in regard to Vince McMahon's retirement.

While there is some surprise given it was Vince and the belief he would always be around in some form, the idea that there would be a new "energy" for WWE creative has a lot of talents excited to see what comes next. The belief among the younger talents that a younger vision creatively will help the company connect better with the overall audience.

There's also been a lot of wondering what his exit means for the remainder of the executive circles beyond Stephanie McMahon, Triple H and Nick Khan.

There's also been some who have noted they wished they could have at least said goodbye to Vince personally face to face and hoped he would be at Summerslam so they could do that.

Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Ludwig Kaiser is set for Smackdown.

The locker room and creative's REAL reaction...
1UQwqntDxnjfIBCuUO.gif

the real reason Vince has stepped down is he is suffering from early stages of dementia..... it has been said that he is often forgetful in meetings & with his own family members for awhile now.

Brock Lesnar has been officially pulled from all mentions of tonight's Smackdown episode on the official WWE website.

Back