Welcome To aBlackWeb

Verzuz: Scott Storch vs Mannie Fresh

Puff my guy pause but homie got mad co-produced joints EVEN though he made those joints better with his vision. I don't see how he could enter this without him saying "me and (insert other producer's name) worked on this joint.

Just gotta call it a producer battle, not a beatmaker battle. There's way more to a song than a beat and that's what separates Puff from most of the rest.

I get that but if u play no instrument nor chopped no samples or write the songs ... steps aside and let those who did it shine

If the whole vision was yours then why would you step aside? Especially when you're the reason music sounds the way it does today.

Would you tell Quincy to step aside and let the niggas who played the instruments get on the stream?

We need a real discussion about producer vs beatmaker one day.

If the whole vision was yours then why would you step aside? Especially when you're the reason music sounds the way it does today.

Would you tell Quincy to step aside and let the niggas who played the instruments get on the stream?

We need a real discussion about producer vs beatmaker one day.
Quincy wrote and arranged the music then hired session players to play what he wrote

Different from a nigga making a beat then selling it to you and you adding the extras to it

What is diversity and range?

Working with different artists (he did that) or not being on one label "main producer" for over 20 something years making whole albums for Baby and Slim?

Back