Welcome To aBlackWeb

Verzuz: Big Daddy Kane vs KRS-One

giphy.gif

ALL NIGHT.

Why is it WE are the only people/genre that tell the "old heads" they're irrelevant or "washed" after a certain age?

Them prehistoric rock n roll muhphuggas get to tour perform and make records til they're on their deathbeds...nobody tells them to shut up...in fact muhphuggas pay THOUSANDS to see them in concerts and STILL buy all their new and old music

Not in Hip Hop tho...not Black folk....we shit on our own people...we shit on the genre that we dominate after artists get to a certain age...SHAMEFUL AND RIDICULOUS

To add some context on Kane and his fast rapping flow, in the late 80s him and Rakim had an unspoken competition on who could rap on beats with faster BPM. They kept upping the ante.

This isnt even related to the beef they had. This was straight competition

Why is it WE are the only people/genre that tell the "old heads" they're irrelevant or "washed" after a certain age?

Them prehistoric rock n roll muhphuggas get to tour perform and make records til they're on their deathbeds...nobody tells them to shut up...in fact muhphuggas pay THOUSANDS to see them in concerts and STILL buy all their new and old music

Not in Hip Hop tho...not Black folk....we shit on our own people...we shit on the genre that we dominate after artists get to a certain age...SHAMEFUL AND RIDICULOUS
Not true, these dudes still be touring year round and puttin on for their demo

I cant lie tho im trying to enjoy this but these songs aint doing nothing for me

Yoooo, Kane just killed that shit. And Dj Scratch at the end was fire.

My only problem is KRS-One keep yelling like he doesnt have a mic and sound system and is trying to scream over the music. Thats why I have Kane winning rn, hes rapping into the mic and we hear him clear and fine.

To add some context on Kane and his fast rapping flow, in the late 80s him and Rakim had an unspoken competition on who could rap on beats with faster BPM. They kept upping the ante.

This isnt even related to the beef they had. This was straight competition
Now that Verzuz would have made sense and moved units

Back