Welcome To aBlackWeb

Verzuz: Big Daddy Kane vs KRS-One

Don't sleep on LL Cool J

Also, when I was in high school, Kool Moe Dee was going at LL. LL was better at picking beats, but alot of people said Moe Dee was the superior MC. I always favored Cool J imo.

And then there was Chuck D & Ice Cube.

So it was

Rakim
KRS
Kane
Slick Rick
Kool G Rap
LL Cool J
Kool Moe Dee
Chuck D
Ice Cube
Special Ed/GURU (tied)*

That's the top 10 from when I was in high school from Sep 87-June 91

*Special Ed and GURU both had 2 albums by the time I graduated. But I don't remember anybody calling them The GOATs, but they both had 2 albums by my senior year.

Edit. And Grandmaster Flash & he Furious 5 (Melle Mel) and Run DMC were both kinda washed up by the time I entered high school.

LL cool > all them.

I dont think of LL when i think of emcees of that era cause he trancends eras.

I missed the live event, but I watched a replay this morning.

Loved KRS's energy straight out the gate. Deeper level of respect for him after last night. I was never sleep, I had just only HEARD about his live shows. Never been a witness until now.

I started out with a scorecard and had Kane trailing by like 4-1, but by the time Kane did "RAW" and snatched off the fedora revealing his throwback flattop, I realized history was happening and let go of the battle bullshit.

Both them niggas got busy last night and we all won.

Hip hop forever.

Last edited:
One of my fav things about this type of stuff, is when the vets tell us little known facts. Could be them talking live, or others MC's talking in the chat. Reminds me of when VH1 had that show where they played music videos and the lil bubble would come up with facts about the artist and video (forgot what its called).

Here a couple screen shots i have of D-Nice and them saying stuff in the chat. The one I missed was Missy Elliot saying her and Timberland recorded their first demos tapes to one of their beats, lastnight.

Screenshot (353).png Screenshot (358).png Screenshot (359).png Screenshot (360).png Screenshot (361).png Screenshot (362).png Screenshot (363).png Screenshot (365).png

KRS whooped that nigga

I got love for my borough but I knew Brooklyn was gonna take an L last night

I know I'm mad late was a top 5 Verzuz for me

They put on an AMAZING from an entertaining standpoint AND a master class on being an MC and not someone who rapped and made a couple dollars

Im a bigger fan of Kris than Kane and he showed why he the teacher. He is HIPHOP. From crowd control to song choices to shit talking.....man aint no way niggas was really finishing battles with him back in the day. Can't do shit but crown or walk away salty as shit. BRIDGE IS OVER #1 DISS EVER. I still stand on that. And his freestyles? That on where he named dropped alot of MCs???? Sheesh! Have Rza do a Hulu series asap

Kane showed why he wasn't to be fucked with. To this day that nigga might be top 3 on breathe control on the mic. Only other 2 of ppl I can think of is dead. HE IS HIPHOP. And he can still rhyme like a beast. Loved his freestyles and his ability to up the tempo. KRS fell back multiple times like nah brother thats all you.

Jay and Nas comparisons are so on point. Hell you can build today's rapper off the blue print of these two men

Much respect and love for these dudes still being masters of they craft.

THEY ARE HIPHOP

Back