Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY Vacationing out of the country any tips or advice?

So now the world opening back up and people are getting vaccinated and moving around. One of homeboys he used to go to Punta Cana in the DR and would always be telling niggas get our passports and etc and I’ve heard that depending on where you go you can have a dope vacation and spend less than you would in the US.

I know we got a lot of international travelers here when y’all go out of country do you just relax or see the sites and try and learn stuff? I really wanna visit Ghana and Nigeria was up there until the police thing. And Island countries are always an option. I really want to hit countries without millions of white people.

Relax and do on trips. Although when I went to the DR I just stayed at the resort and relaxed

When I went to Cancun I visited the ruins and other things because the resort was offering trips to it

Have a reason for going. You are a history person so I take it you woudnt mind see a country's culture. Do some research. I generally will do a few tours just to see where everything is and then I will go where the locals go. I dont go on vacations to relax but some people do. Figure out way you are going. If you are trying to relax, I would just do some island.

thats all i came to say.....go chill w/ the locals for the real fun but dont be lookin sweet and shit lol

gotta let em know you cool but dont mind bringing that american ig-nance

Keep your passport hidden. If you are in a known hotel, lock it in a safe. Make copies of it as well. Or hide it in a strategic location. If it must be in you, never the back pocket or backpack.

I usually classify my shit as either ‘tropical’ or ‘cultural’. Decide which you wanna focus on and focus on it.

sounds like you’re not quite sure where you wanna go yet. If that’s the case, I’d start by researching countries that have the best exchange date right now and seeing if you’re interested in those places. that’s how I always start my search.

If you can find an interesting country with an amazing exchange right, you’re off to a good start.

I'm not a fan of all that go to the poor part stuff. Do you do that shit when you travel in the country? No, because you don't want to get fucked up or robbed. Keep that same smart energy, haha. Stay on the resort man, or go to another tourist spot that shows you the country. They have tours and excursions.

That hang with the locals shit is cool until you're a victim. Don't just venture out to poor places far from where tourist go.

Dress like the locals in the area and keep yourself as inconspicuous as possible tourists can be spotted a mile away.

Caribbean/Latin America

Carry a copy of your passport, but not your passport.

don’t look flashy

you will be stared at. Take it in stride. It’s not serious.

be respectful. You’d be surprised how many niggas aint

barter but dont insult. Haggling is apart of life but be fair. They are trying to make a living.

nothing is free unless invited to join by locals. And even then, offer to pay for something. They most likely won’t take but it’s a nice gesture.

if offered a meal, TRY IT. Turning it away can be highly offensive.

I’ll add more later

Be sure you understand...not everyone drives like the US.

itsly had tiny ass streets
Germany ...you can go as fast as you can in certain places
In the DR.....try to not get a car.
And them UK niggas are backwards

For me I usually go on TripAdvisor, research the country and see what are the things to do and plot my itinerary/route and how many days would it take to hit up the spots plus some days to relax.

Then also look into whether I can get around via public transportation (preferably subway), if they have uber avail (don’t want to get overcharged by reg taxis) or if I should hire a private driver (did this when I went to Jordan) or rent a vehicle (did this in Costa Rica)

So now the world opening back up and people are getting vaccinated and moving around. One of homeboys he used to go to Punta Cana in the DR and would always be telling niggas get our passports and etc and I’ve heard that depending on where you go you can have a dope vacation and spend less than you would in the US.

I know we got a lot of international travelers here when y’all go out of country do you just relax or see the sites and try and learn stuff? I really wanna visit Ghana and Nigeria was up there until the police thing. And Island countries are always an option. I really want to hit countries without millions of white people.
You never left the country huh

Back