Netflix UNTOLD: Malice At The Palace

Scandalust313

Unshakeable Unbreakable Victorious
Sep 27, 2020
One of the most unforgettable and ugly scenes in American sports history will be the focus of an upcoming documentary that premiers on streaming platform Netflix next month. The infamous “Malice at the Palace” is the focal point of the debut episode of the docuseries “Untold” which takes a deep look at five controversial sports moments, according to the Associated Press.

The 80-minute episode will feature never-before-seen footage of the incident and interviews with the people who were involved in the melee. <---Another one of my favorite words along with 'fisticuffs'!🤩

“We chose these stories by asking ourselves this question: ‘Is this the single most important thing that happened in this person’s life?’” said directors and co-executive producers Chapman Way and Maclain Way in a statement. “What we’ve found doing documentaries is if you’re sitting down with someone and the event that you are interviewing them about was the most pivotal and important thing that happened to them, you are going to walk away with really fascinating insights into their lives, that have a sense of a narrative built in — a beginning, middle and end.”

While Netflix didn’t say exactly who the focal point of the “Malice in the Palace” episode is, it’s well known that former player Metta Sandiford-Artest -- who was then known as Ron Artest -- was at the heart of the fight. The incident began when Artest was hit in the face with a cup that was thrown by a fan toward the end of a game between the Detroit Pistons and the Indiana Pacers on Nov. 19, 2004.

Artest reacted to being hit by running into the stands and getting physical with the fan he thought threw the cup. It was later revealed that the fan Artest fought with was not the man who threw the cup. Years later, Artest said he discovered the fan that actually threw the cup after his friend bet him $50 he couldn’t hit the NBA star.

Fans who were in attendance have also shared their version of events from that night.

After Artest ran into the stands, it set off a chain of events that led to multiple players fighting fans in one of the more chaotic moments in American sports. As a result of the fight, Artest was suspended for the entire season and missed the playoffs as well.

Several Pistons players were also suspended for their roles in the brawl, but Artest’s suspension was by far the longest. It is unknown which Pistons players took part in the documentary.

“Untold” premieres Aug. 10 on Netflix.

1708422684418.png

I dont even know why I watched that particular game. But I'm damn sho glad I did. Lol!

I wish my mama was alive to have seen that, b/c Pistons was her team.

I remember channel surfing and watching the 4th quarter after leaving work. That shit was eventful lmao! I honestly thought Ron Artest would never play basketball again after that. Lol

Ben Wallace punked Artest. If Artest would of squared up, he wouldn't be at the table to get shit thrown at him and he wouldn't have to run into the stands in the first place.

A bad time for the NBA. Casual fans and media were acting like the players played ball as a past time to stay out of prison. Mean things were said.

All those cacs that got their ass beat deserved it. If you think the price of admittance gives you the right to say anything to anyone and throw shit on people on people you are destined to get fucked up. And if the NBA doesn't listen to what Russell Westbrook is saying about these lowlife, ignorant, racist ass fans it's only a matter of time before something like this happens again.

Ben Wallace was jus tired of Ron artest's shit.

And when the fan threw the drink at Ron it was on

Reactions: Pachá12
All those cacs that got their ass beat deserved it. If you think the price of admittance gives you the right to say anything to anyone and throw shit on people on people you are destined to get fucked up. And if the NBA doesn't listen to what Russell Westbrook is saying about these lowlife, ignorant, racist ass fans it's only a matter of time before something like this happens again.

I agree that most of those assholes who got their ass kick deserved it but the 1st guy Ron punched wasn't the guy who threw the drink, it was the asshole standing beside him. Lol. Talk about being in the wrong place at the wrong time. LMAO.

other than that I loved that the NBA guys beat the shit out of those clowns. I also agree that a ton of the fans watching games live take shit too far and say racist and ignorant shit.

I understand Artest was known for physical play, but a flagrant like that and your team is up 15, is a bitch move. Find yourself dealin with that in the streets afterwards.

Almost forgot about Jermaine O'Neal's greatest contribution to the NBA:

• Haha
Reactions: SKPJR
I understand Artest was known for physical play, but a flagrant like that and your team is up 15, is a bitch move. Find yourself dealin with that in the streets afterwards.

Almost forgot about Jermaine O'Neal's greatest contribution to the NBA:

He got lucky af O'Neal slipped. He could've had homie looking like this

i362797.png