Welcome To aBlackWeb

Underrated, Overrated, Properly rated Series: Scarface (1983) Al Pacino

Vote

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Scarface became the movie for comic book niggas to try and shit on.

All of the nerdy breakdowns of the movie proves my point, mf's know every scene and line of this movie like Friday but can't name 3 characters in movies they dickride.

Why wasn't Trey's mom shown more in BOyz in the hood? What's the back story with Furious and her? What about Nia Long's character?

That shit can be done with every film.

FOh with the corny takes man.

No nigga,

It's not the cool movie for comic nerds shit on.

It's a bad movie that movie watchers can't get past the flaws enough to call it a classic.

But niggaz who fell in love with it as kids can't for some reason acknowledge those flaws.

No Trey's mom wasn't in Boyz n the hood much,

But furious was a greatly developed supporting character.

Doughboy was a greatly developed supporting character.

People cried when Ricky died cuz he was an AMAZINGLY developed side character. That movie had like 4 or 5 great characters... Even more if you wanna get deep into it.

Scarface was Tony. That's it. Nobody else was even half interesting.

When Manolo died it was like...oh no ???‍♂️

When Ricky died it was like ???

One movie just had better acting.

And Pacino one of the greatest actors ever... But Boyz n the hood was a much much much better act movie

I can't wait for the remake

I hope Scarface is crass ass Haitian or a knotty headed Jamaican that has John Wick like assassin skills. Dont even explain the shit.

Scene one he getting his face cut as a kid by a white person. Scene 2, he running down the empire state building, cup of lean and a blunt in his mouth, doing hand to hand combat with King Kong.....

@Duwop

Nigga died in total conflict

He lost his best friend, his sister. Who were two of the closest people to him and both characters were horribly developed.

1. The movie wasn't about them, it was about the consequences of Tony's actions.

No other relationship in the movie was even explored. The relationship with Michelle Pfifer was cosmetic as hell. On purpose to be fair, but my point is this nigga died lonely and tormented....there was no gratification...

2. He successfully pursued the woman of his dreams. All a part of his tirade.

I think this movie is romanticized cuz of Tony's ridiculous bravado. It's the same reason kids life superheroes. WWE wrestlers. The unbelievable feats of a near supernatural being.

3. Lol I don't get what's so unbelievable about his character and storyline. I mean it's a movie not a documentary on the real Scarface.

I get it. It looked cool. He was y'all hero, so you try to apply better qualities than what really existed. But that shit was crazy wild.

If I'm gonna pick a crazy over the top action movie, I prefer Die Hard.

?

4. Nerd. I still luh you tho. But youse a nerd. Lol, die hard over Scarface...foh
1. That's a lazy answer for lazy writing. If these are the top supporting characters they need to be developed better. No excuse for bad characters

2. Girl of his dreams?????????

3. It was cartoonish at best. It doesn't have to be a documentary. But at the very least a good story. We're watching a movie.

4. I'll be a nerd. Especially when watching movies... But it's crazy how I can see eye to eye with niggaz on a million other movies... But cuz I don't like one imma nerd. Nerds like hood and gangster shit too. I LOVE state property 1&2. But I understand they not classic movies. Scarface is on par with them

I can't wait for the remake

I hope Scarface is crass ass Haitian or a knotty headed Jamaican that has John Wick like assassin skills. Dont even explain the shit.

Scene one he getting his face cut as a kid by a white person. Scene 2, he running down the empire state building, cup of lean and a blunt in his mouth, doing hand to hand combat with King Kong.....
You mean like shottas....

Is that your next cinematic classic

Scarface became the movie for comic book niggas to try and shit on.

All of the nerdy breakdowns of the movie proves my point, mf's know every scene and line of this movie like Friday but can't name 3 characters in movies they dickride.

Why wasn't Trey's mom shown more in BOyz in the hood? What's the back story with Furious and her? What about Nia Long's character?

That shit can be done with every film.

FOh with the corny takes man.
No

Lol @ greatly developed, we didnt learn shit about this nigga
So we gonna shit on furious cuz he's better than every character in Scarface?

You not even being reasonable with that

Homie took his son fishing, gave him chores around the house. Bust his gun at intruders, then let his son learn the lesson about . police. Preach the importance of safe sex and fatherhood. Taught folks about gentrification. Meditated to control his anger as his boy ran out on a murder mission.

But we learned more about Manolo I guess.

:smh:

His man got jammed cuz he was flirting with a chick.. But that all changed when he liked Gina.

Trey's mom wasn't shown as much because one of the points of the film was highlighting how young black boys needed the influence of their father which is why he was supposed to just stay there for a while then return back to his mother but he didn't want to do that once he became of age

Nice try though

Nigga compared Scarface to State Property

I'm about to go full Beta yo.....
I love state property. I can watch those ghetto ass movies all day. State property, paper soldiers, I like hood movies....I just don't like Scarface

Trey's mom wasn't shown as much because one of the points of the film was highlighting how young black boys needed the influence of their father which is why he was supposed to just stay there for a while then return back to his mother but he didn't want to do that once he became of age

Nice try though
Plus we know ain't no positive black women in these movies....

Plus we know ain't no positive black women in these movies....
Look at the contrast between Trey being raised by Stylez vs dough and Ricky being raised by their mom in that neighborhood

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back