Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION UK aunty squares up with child for being disrespectful towards her

Hide And Seek

While this video does not show how the altercation started, it was not aunty's place to tell her off or even lay hands on her. I understand some kids can be rude but you just have to leave them where they're at.

Now she's gotten herself involved with the police for nothing.

Don't know how Uk rock but honest truth that type of communal I'm very woman I'm a elderly woman so I'm your mother mentality woulda got her ass smashed in many parts of US 💯

First off….fuck whoever said this ain’t Africa.
Ignorant asshole

second….depending on the conversation….I can support this.

Me and wifey had a lil disagreement about this vid

she’s nigerian and she said the lil girl was in the wrong. She said she wouldn’t tolerate someone speaking to her mother like that on road

I said auntie should mind her own business ‘this isnt africa’ is ignorant but it’s true. We don’t do that here, leave other peoples children alone

Me and wifey had a lil disagreement about this vid

she’s nigerian and she said the lil girl was in the wrong. She said she wouldn’t tolerate someone speaking to her mother like that on road

I said auntie should mind her own business ‘this isnt africa’ is ignorant but it’s true. We don’t do that here, leave other peoples children alone
Respectfully
You wife is right.
This ain’t Africa is white peoples shit.
We shouldn’t lose track of who we are because of location.
they make the laws and break them because they are for us mostly.

we dont do that here is the beginning of “conforming” to their ideas.

As if Africa is bad.

it’s bad because they destabilize shit.

Respectfully
You wife is right.

As if Africa is bad.

I hear that bro but ‘we’ is subjective

They obviously didn’t know each other and from the flag on the twitter page they’re not from the same part of the continent

It takes a community to raise a child but if they not from the same community theres no ‘we’ thats just a random lady

I’m not saying it’s right but it’s the way it is

I hear that bro but ‘we’ is subjective

They obviously didn’t know each other and from the flag on the twitter page they’re not from the same part of the continent

It takes a community to raise a child but if they not from the same community theres no ‘we’ thats just a random lady

I’m not saying it’s right but it’s the way it is
And regardless and respectfully of cultural differences ….we are a community brainwashed into putting nationality above skin color.
If you speak patois or ebo or Spanish, if you black, we deserve baseline respect from each other as a starting point.
not sure if you in the uk , but if we keeping it real…THEY don’t give a shit and can’t tell what you speaking but they just know you black.
We should welcome each other as people in the same struggle thus requiring our elders to correct future generations.
Self preservation is above you and I.but we need to do our part.
Not all elders are right but not all youngins are wrong.
the common denominator is division because of them.

Respectfully
You wife is right.

As if Africa is bad.

Thing is, a lot of the cultural shit doesn't translate well to a new country.

I got Nigerian family, I know how they rock and they're all about respect for your elders. No way in hell I'd come out the side of my neck towards my Nigerian uncle unless I was just ready to throw hands with somebody.

However...

They ain't home. They're in a white society where sticking your nose into other folks' business ain't welcome, no matter how well meaning. And to haul off and slap someone you don't even know over a disagreement about said conversation that you invited yourself into is asking for the constable to intervene and possibly arrest you for battery.

Thing is, a lot of the cultural shit doesn't translate well to a new country.

I got Nigerian family, I know how they rock and they're all about respect for your elders. No way in hell I'd come out the side of my neck towards my Nigerian uncle unless I was just ready to throw hands with somebody.

However...

They ain't home. They're in a white society where sticking your nose into other folks' business ain't welcome, no matter how well meaning. And to haul off and slap someone you don't even know over a disagreement about said conversation that you invited yourself into is asking for the constable to intervene and possibly arrest you for battery.
So it’s ok to do back in your home country but we new in an new country?
While you have to respect local laws, correcting our children should not fall under that.
Their kids can fuck up and still be president(bush,trump).
Ourself get life long records and scorn.

• Ether
Reactions: GNS
And regardless and respectfully of cultural differences ….we are a community brainwashed into putting nationality above skin color.
If you speak patois or ebo or Spanish, if you black, we deserve baseline respect from each other as a starting point.
not sure if you in the uk , but if we keeping it real…THEY don’t give a shit and can’t tell what you speaking but they just know you black.
We should welcome each other as people in the same struggle thus requiring our elders to correct future generations.

Im in the UK and where I grew up everyone I knew was Jamaican apart from one Sudanese family

As an adult I mixed with people from all over Africa because there are more of them here now than when I was growing up

I’ve only experienced love from different black ethnicities in my real life so this ‘diaspora war’ bullshit is something I only see online

We are all part of the same black experience but at the same time we are fiercely loyal to our own cultures and traditions. Ideally we should be able to respect other and support each other in the situation we find ourselves in here (the west)

Respectfully
You wife is right.

As if Africa is bad.

We hear you but two different cultures and ages. This wouldn’t fly in my parents time. But once all the old heads got on crack that shit left

• Ether
Reactions: GNS

But you can’t hit strangers

We hear you but two different cultures and ages. This wouldn’t fly in my parents time. But once all the old heads got on crack that shit left
You are wrong.
Your parents generation trusted the correction you dished out because the adults looked out for our own.

While you have to respect local laws, correcting our children should not fall under that.

That’s the problem slapping ain’t everybody form of discipline? Sooo what we saying here?

You are wrong.
Your parents generation trusted the correction you dished out because the adults looked out for our own.

Again I hear you but this ain’t 1958 and as we can see yes our parents got checked by other adults discipline is still a thing. But we don’t trust strangers and we shouldn’t. Somebody you don’t know can’t just discipline you. You have to be familiar

Yes, exactly. Back home, a child or young adult being anything less than respectful for someone from the elder generations, particularly if they're trying to guide you, warrants a slap at a minimum and the shit is ok by that society's standards.

But you in a new country, and these kids ain't been raised in the way of "the old country" so it ain't taken well and that slap can earn you jail time.

Yes, exactly. Back home, a child or young adult being anything less than respectful for someone from the elder generations, particularly if they're trying to guide you, warrants a slap at a minimum and the shit is ok by that society's standards.

But you in a new country, and these kids ain't been raised in the way of "the old country" so it ain't taken well and that slap can earn you jail time.
I knew a Haitian chick who spoke creole

she refused to teach her child creole because they was now in America.
Whats wrong with this statement?

Back