Welcome To aBlackWeb

Uhhhh oh.......Dave done pissed off the mafia

laughs in chattel slavery, slave codes, Black codes, , jim crow status and PIC

scram
Just because I feel the need to say, not every single white person in the history of civilization took part in these actions. Kinda irrational to blame an entire race for it.

All I gotta say tho. I know you're going to either insult me or just dismiss what I'm getting so you have a day.

the majority of white ppl are racist

your need for proof is ridiculous

last years election and the one before that should let you know where the majority of white ppl stand

moving on

There’s a few variables to consider here..

while trump received a higher % of the white vote in 2016 & 2020, we have to consider the age group. The older white ppl voted for Trump, and yes some young, as well.

But in 2016 many of the younger voters, who either didn’t vote because they wanted to sit it out, or bc they were too young @ the time, voted against Trump in 2020. A lot of these younger ppl were white. and I’m sure there’s more to it than just what we want to see..

So is it really the majority? considering age groups and those who are voting, I don’t think it’s quite a fair assessment. A lot of white ppl are racist but I don’t think it’s the majority. If I’m completely wrong and there’s numbers to back that then forgive me ignorance.

Netflix has fired a leader of the trans employee resource group who was organizing the upcoming October 20th walkout. The employee, who is Black and currently pregnant, asked not to be named for fear of online harassment. They have been encouraging trans employees and allies to walk out of work in protest of Netflix’s handling of the Dave Chappelle special The Closer.
All these white people are going around talking to the press and speaking publicly on Twitter and the only person who gets fired is the Black person who was quiet the entire time,” says a former employee in an interview with The Verge. “That’s absurd, and just further shows that Black trans people are the ones being targeted in this conversation.”

The employee was terminated on suspicion of leaking metrics to the press related to the Dave Chappelle special. Those metrics — about how much Netflix paid for The Closer and how many people it reached — subsequently ended up in a report on Bloomberg. While the employee had shared the metrics internally, they spoke out against the leaks to colleagues, worried they might hurt the walkout movement.

The leaking of internal data is highly unusual at Netflix. While the company prides itself on transparency, employees are told that the culture can only thrive when Netflix data remains internal.

20211015_153839.jpg

Says in the article they shared them internally amongst other coworkers but didn't leak them publicly and spoke out against doing that.

I read that too but somebody leaked them because I remember seeing it. But of course folks would say it wasnt them
Also pretty ironic in Dave's overall point being proven that a Black person was fired behind this...while the white person who spoke out just got a few days of suspension. So now will Dave say "fuck Netflix" for being part of the very racism he says he was speaking out against?

What that person allegedly did is very fireable and cannot be defended

Says in the article they shared them internally amongst other coworkers but didn't leak them publicly and spoke out against doing that.

The person leaked it internally… that same info was leaked to Bloomberg. Now, was it THAT person, who intentionally leaked it within, the one who did it? Maybe, maybe not. But it was that person who leaked it within which resulted (whether directly or indirectly) in its public exposure.

I don’t know their policies, but I would assume that any company has rules in place to protect their company. If those rules are violated then the usual outcome is being fired.

I don’t think a “walk out” requires one to be fired as it is legally their right to do so. yay or nay?

I can't remember if it was Sticks and Stones or the special before it, but remember when Dave read a letter from a trans person where the person said he/she loved Dave and went to a show and laughed all the way through until Dave got to the trans jokes and then that person was disappointed and disgusted. That tells you all you need to know about the complaints here. That person heard all the race based jokes, all the class based jokes, and even the gay vs straight jokes and was cool. Everything was good, but as soon as a trans joke happened it was too much? They are basically cool when the jokes are about everybody else but have a problem when the jokes are on them.

Everything was good, but as soon as a trans joke happened it was too much? They are basically cool when the jokes are about everybody else but have a problem when the jokes are on them.
Because Dave calls out a lot of the hypocrisy and dramatics withn this discussion. People don't like hearing about themselves. Especially with this recent special.

I read that too but somebody leaked them because I remember seeing it. But of course folks would say it wasnt them

What that person allegedly did is very fireable and cannot be defended

It's not out the realm of possibility that Netflix knows who did or didn't release the information and if that person who got fired is lying then they're subjecting themselves to actual legal consequences. All that ain't worth it over a comedy special.

Back