Welcome To aBlackWeb

FEATURED Tyrese Wishes He Was Latino

test
Black American and African American are two totally different cultures.

If you can’t see that, that’s on you.

It’s absolutely nothing African about 90% of the people on here.

Bruh African American is largely interchangeable with Black American. Nigerians and South Africans do not use it. Africans never call themselves African American. Do you want us to have culture or not? You from like the blackest part of the country man damn.

It’s power in a name. That’s where I will end it

Yea it is bro. And again Saying we are descendants of Africans who were enslaved in American hence why we have a different culture. Jewish American can say it Mexicans have an ID but African is too far and Black ain’t good enough? You from a city with deep cultural influence left by Africans and French and English. Voodoo is from where? Don’t y’all got a Congo square?

I’m not saying you gotta use the term. But the term means the exact same thing to the outside world when speaking on cultures.

Yea it is bro. And again Saying we are descendants of Africans who were enslaved in American hence why we have a different culture. Jewish American can say it Mexicans have an ID but African is too far and Black ain’t good enough? You from a city with deep cultural influence left by Africans and French and English. Voodoo is from where? Don’t y’all got a Congo square?

I’m not saying you gotta use the term. But the term means the exact same thing to the outside world when speaking on cultures.
You named specific countries besides Jewish Americans which mean so entire different shit

After being in one place for 6-7 generations you’re just American.

I don’t see these white folks calling themselves anything else. But they want yall to know we ain’t really from here and

I know plenty of Mexicans that’s been here for generations but does not call themselves Mexican Americans.

And folks in New Orleans I can tell you, NOT A DAMN African bout them and not a damn thing African about 90% of folks on here

Yall are just American. Nothing wrong with that.

You named specific countries besides Jewish Americans which mean so entire different shit

After being in one place for 6-7 generations you’re just American.

I don’t see these white folks calling themselves anything else. But they want yall to know we ain’t really from here and

I know plenty of Mexicans that’s been here for generations but does not call themselves Mexican Americans.

And folks in New Orleans I can tell you, NOT A DAMN African bout them and not a damn thing African about 90% of folks on here

Yall are just American. Nothing wrong with that.

You never heard Irish Italian or German American. Yea they still white but they still say it. If we all the same then we all should be one big happy family right? If we all the same why is racism a thing? It’s like bruh why you don’t look at history. Again you do not have to use the term but saying we all just Americans like Black Americans are treated the same as whites is crazy.

If you feel your experience is the same as a white American so be it. But it weird.

@Sony Montana

Jamaicas don’t call themselves African Jamaicas

Haitians don’t call themselves Africans Haitians

Because those places are majority black and they also know they came from Africa. If there was millions of white Haitians and Jamaicans you would have a point. But you know there aren’t any.

Let’s use Trinidad and Guyana tho. The Indian folks there say they are Indian and Trini or Guyanese. I really don’t know the purpose of this.

Being white and Latino is not the default.

They don’t say white Latino.

We always adding extra shit like Afro Latino

Folks 10 generations deep hearvcalling themselves African Americans

Sad

There's a study from 2021 that specifically addresses how Latinos identify their racial identity that disproves this. Which directly leads into why this post among many others in this thread range misinformed to downright stupid

Back