Welcome To aBlackWeb

Turkey Leg Hut Enforces New Dress Code

Fair or Foul

• Fair

• Foul

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ghost313

Yo Bitch Crib Chillin Out
People are upset with the Black Owned Business Over a new dress code to patron the restaurant.

Looks fair to me. I don’t think the dress code is strict. I can still roll up in a tee, Dunks, and shorts from what I decipher of the dress code. I understand it’s Houston heat, but damn, niggas came in swim wear before….sheesh.

I hope our people don’t abandon this Black business due to a loose dress code.

We already discussed this in the bonnet thread....but my issue with this is nobody has these dress codes at other "family restaurants". When have you seen anything other than no shoes, no shirt no service and no obscene clothing posted at hometown buffet, cracker barrel, waffle house....popeyes, church's...etc.

I get having standards but for a regular ass bbq joint, that wasn't a problem that needed addressing. If you gotta kick ppl out, do it because they causing a scene not cuz they wearing shorts and a tank top in the summer.

I can’t get with the opposing argument. Yea you see shit like that at Popeyes, Church’s, and OF COURSE Waffle House. But they are known spots for the bullshit, and non black owned. You can expect almost anything to happen in those spots, but they have the benefit of corporate money and an established group of consumers, so they can afford to take on the wild shit that happens in their stores. This is an independent business trying to grow, maintain the appeal to a broad base of people.

The dress code not even that strict.

We already discussed this in the bonnet thread....but my issue with this is nobody has these dress codes at other "family restaurants". When have you seen anything other than no shoes, no shirt no service and no obscene clothing posted at hometown buffet, cracker barrel, waffle house....popeyes, church's...etc.

I get having standards but for a regular ass bbq joint, that wasn't a problem that needed addressing. If you gotta kick ppl out, do it because they causing a scene not cuz they wearing shorts and a tank top in the summer.

They're just trimming the fat off what is probably the typical look of problem customers for them. They've provided a clear option to get along or move along if you don't like it and that's fair.

They just setting their staff up for some not so fun confrontations, if they do enforce it

Back