Welcome To aBlackWeb

True or False: Did Premo Waste His Best Beats On Group Home’s Living Proof Album?

True or False: Did Premo Waste His Best Beats On Group Home’s Living Proof Album?

• Total voters
I have never heard or seen that nigga brought up in top 5/10 conversations. It's been over a year on here and I have never seen one poster bring that nigga's name up and he had a career full of premo beats lol U know how wack u gotta be to have a career full of premo beats and NOBODY brings u up in conversation as top 10?

This nigga is trash.

I'm not really seeing your logic here. How does not being in the top 10 equate to a rapper being trash? Are there only 10 good rappers in history, and everyone else is garbage? And what does having a career full of premo beats have to do with Guru's placement among the greats. It's not like beats make lyrics better or worse. Everybody thinks Timbaland is a top tier producer. Nobody mentions Missy or Magoo in the Top 10 just because he did most of their production.

I'm not really seeing your logic here. How does not being in the top 10 equate to a rapper being trash? Are there only 10 good rappers in history, and everyone else is garbage? And what does having a career full of premo beats have to do with Guru's placement among the greats. It's not like beats make lyrics better or worse. Everybody thinks Timbaland is a top tier producer. Nobody mentions Missy or Magoo in the Top 10 just because he did most of their production.

Nah, there's not only ten dope rappers, but in conversation about top 10, I've heard over a 100 niggas mentioned in people's top 10, from Biggie to Redman, etc. Not once in my entire life has a nigga mentioned Guru. He's an after thought.

In creating a song a producer is very important in the process, to act like it's not is ridiculous.

I even showed an example of a top tier lyricist rapping along side Guru and the difference in levels were obvious. Guru was a mediocre MC.

Basic/trash flow
Basic/trash bars
Mediocre song making ability, most of that I accredit to Premo.

Nah, there's not only ten dope rappers, but in conversation about top 10, I've heard over a 100 niggas mentioned in people's top 10, from Biggie to Redman, etc. Not once in my entire life has a nigga mentioned Guru. He's an after thought.

In creating a song a producer is very important in the process, to act like it's not is ridiculous.

I even showed an example of a top tier lyricist rapping along side Guru and the difference in levels were obvious. Guru was a mediocre MC.

Basic/trash flow
Basic/trash bars
Mediocre song making ability, most of that I accredit to Premo.

Producers are very important to the song creating process, but most people can distinguish between the quality of songs made by an artist and the quality of that artist. Nas is consistently in peoples' Top 5, but he hasn't had the best beat selection over his career.

Producers are very important to the song creating process, but most people can distinguish between the quality of songs made by an artist and the quality of that artist. Nas is consistently in peoples' Top 5, but he hasn't had the best beat selection over his career.

I think the "Nas Picks Trash Beats" notion is a myth. I'm pretty sure there's a thread on here about that, Ima see if i can find it.

Shouldve gave them shits to GURU. Gifted Unlimited Rhymes Universal. #rip #gangstarr4ever

Back