Welcome To aBlackWeb

Train Derails In East Palestine, Ohio on Feb 3rd. Tons of Toxic Waste Spilled

Man I just read this article about private equity companies taking over hospitals and getting rid of all the doctors and thinking there is no limit to american greed

The bold is what happens when people get sold and buys into that "American dream/American exceptionalism" bullshit this country indoctrinates people with.

And she don't even hide it. When she flipped and start supporting McCarthy for speaker I knew it was over. They grooming her.

I'm willing to bet she gonna do what Clinton, Haley, and Palin couldn't do....win the Presidency

Depends on when she runs because the last midterm elections not turning out how Republicans wanted it to forced many of them to admit that while these nutty ass folks like MJT may be good for tv ratings it's literally destroying the next generation of voters faith in their party. There's a legit scramble right now on their end on how to reel in many of these folks who've become prominent on the right

It's crazy. They've said that the trains are still using Civil War era technology. Obama signed an edict that would force the train companies to update the braking systems for the trains, and Trump came along and cancelled it immediately at the behest of the train companies.

People are going learn eventually to stop putting Republicans in office. The Dems are bad, but at this point, the Reps are literally getting people killed.

Got any articles on why not the state is not eligible for FEMA?
DeWine said he was told that part of the reason they were denied assistance is because the railroad company, Norfolk Southern, had agreed to pay for part of the expenses, and because there was a lack of physical damage to residential buildings, according to Newsweek. DeWine added that he has reached out to the White House and other federal agencies for assistance instead.
Which is crazy as hell for a reason to deny them

There must be something in the way the rules are written that earmarks that money for disasters that involve structural damage. Maybe they should be reaching out to the EPA or something, though the definite should be using a more heavy hand to force that company to pay up.

Oh shit

Well it’s fuck FEMA too. Always has been but they reminded me.

According to the article @mike030270 posted, the railroads is paying for part of the clean that’s why FEMA can’t help.

I’m always on the side of saying FEMA is one of the worse
I would rather believe that they fucked themselves trying to fuck other people

So word is the CDC updated their profile on vinyl chloride several weeks for the derailment after 17 years of no changes.

was on Reddit earlier and seen a link that had it before and after and showing the date it changed but can get back to it.

FEMA get's involved after the state uses it's resources, when the Governor declares an emergency, and when a certain threshold of damage has been met. The states themselves have responsibilities and capabilities as well. If they can't handle a situation themselves, they can then request aid from the Feds.

All requests for a declaration by the President that an emergency exists shall be made by the Governor of the affected State. Such a request shall be based on a finding that the situation is of such severity and magnitude that effective response is beyond the capabilities of the State and the affected local governments and that Federal assistance is necessary. As a part of such request, and as a prerequisite to emergency assistance under this Act, the Governor shall take appropriate action under State law and direct execution of the State's emergency plan. The Governor shall furnish information describing the State and local efforts and resources which have been or will be used to alleviate the emergency, and will define the type and extent of Federal aid required. Based upon such Governor's request, the President may declare that an emergency exists.

DeWine dragged his feet declaring the emergency so FEMA couldn't get involved. The agencies best capable of addressing the air and soil quality issues are already at work. The EPA, CDC and HHS are already there. It didn't destroy people's homes so what exactly are they asking FEMA to do?

Last edited:
Back