Welcome To aBlackWeb

Top 10 wealthiest black neighborhoods in America

In what sense?

PG County is an excellent case study on classism. Yes there are some nice parts, some really nice parts but they stay secluded as fuck from the rest of the county aka the parts right on the DC line. I grew up in PG, but I'm from Suitland Rd. Ask any of the posters here about Suitland, about Kentland, Seat Pleasant where Kevin Durant is from, Largo, Landover, Swann Rd, Silver Hill, Temple Hills, Forestville. I can name a ton of places in PG County that if you were to see you would say "How in the fuck is this one of the places where the richest black folks in the country live with this poverty?" I'm not even trying to glorify where I grew up on some "I made it out the hood shit" because that always was stupid to me, but I'm also aware of where I grew up and when I mention PG County people not from here often think of the "Richest black county in the country" shit and expect me to be one of these bougie brunch eating transplants that done moved here and fucked the city up.

PG County is an excellent case study on classism. Yes there are some nice parts, some really nice parts but they stay secluded as fuck from the rest of the county aka the parts right on the DC line. I grew up in PG, but I'm from Suitland Rd. Ask any of the posters here about Suitland, about Kentland, Seat Pleasant where Kevin Durant is from, Largo, Landover, Swann Rd, Silver Hill, Temple Hills, Forestville. I can name a ton of places in PG County that if you were to see you would say "How in the fuck is this one of the places where the richest black folks in the country live with this poverty?" I'm not even trying to glorify where I grew up on some "I made it out the hood shit" because that always was stupid to me, but I'm also aware of where I grew up and when I mention PG County people not from here often think of the "Richest black county in the country" shit and expect me to be one of these bougie brunch eating transplants that done moved here and fucked the city up.

The question I always ask is how is it that an area with so much money has such shitty schools, but I guess that feeds into what you're talking about too.

The question I always ask is how is it that an area with so much money has such shitty schools, but I guess that feeds into what you're talking about too.

The public schools around here suck outside of a handful. And how they do the zoning is even worse. Like the neighborhood I grew up in was zoned for 3 different schools and depending on if you lived on the top of the hill,the middle or the bottom decided what school you went to. Shit is confusing as fuck. Also private schools here are really big...so you get alot of the "richer" folks sending their kids to these private Catholic schools where the education is much better. For example, I was lucky enough to go to private school up til the end of 10th grade. When I got to Crossland in 11th grade the math class I took was literally the same shit I had already learned in 9th grade at my old private school. I was 2 years ahead of my peers in math classes simply because my dad managed to get enough financial aid to send me to a private high school for 9th and 10th grade. Shit is crazy

Crazy that the whole list was dominated by cali and maryland.

Ladera heights has been a goal for me for a long time.

Baldwin hills also.
Isn’t the Jungles like across that big ass street ? Baldwin hills is up the hill than down the hill and across the road the jungles right

Isn’t the Jungles like across that big ass street ? Baldwin hills is up the hill than down the hill and across the road the jungles right

Lol yea it is. But it's really nice there up on the hills overlooking everything. It's a real wholesome tight knit community with alot of well off laid back black folk.

Magic johnson's old theater that he recently sold is right near there too. Used to go there yearly for a panafrican film festival for our highschool's black student union.

Lol yea it is. But it's really nice there up on the hills overlooking everything. It's a real wholesome tight knit community with alot of well off laid back black folk.

Magic johnson's old theater that he recently sold is right near there too. Used to go there yearly for a panafrican film festival for our highschool's black student union.
Lol yea I ve cruised thru Baldwin’s hills a few times ...rolled thru the Jumgles on a Sunday morning lol no one was outside

Why rich people never move south? Dont see the point of being rich and living where it snows.

The climate sucks. Why be mosquito fodder, listening to those loud ass cicadas all night when you could be in a place with dry heat or at least dry cold.

Its alot easier to escape both of those more than oppressive humidity.

The climate sucks. Why be mosquito fodder, listening to those loud ass cicadas all night when you could be in a place with dry heat or at least dry cold.

Its alot easier to escape both of those more than oppressive humidity.

Winter is trash bruh. Every aspect. I hate doing shit in the cold.

Lol yea I ve cruised thru Baldwin’s hills a few times ...rolled thru the Jumgles on a Sunday morning lol no one was outside

Black flight to the south, combined with gentrification along with the gang injunctions have taken the jungles far from what it used to be like in training day.

The characterization of blacks in these hoods being bougie is a lie. I live in one of those so called bougie black areas and I still have to deal with niggas doing dumb shit like having weed smoking sessions on their stoops in the front yard and people leaving grocery carts in the front of the neighborhood after they decided they are close enough to home to actually carry their groceries.

Black areas are not like white areas. There isn't some line between like there is dividing the "high class" CaCs and the rednecks. In black areas, the rich blacks might live right across the street from people with a lot less money. If they were really bougie like some of ya'll are claiming, they'd be doing what the white people do and getting on the county boards and such and putting measures in place to keep the low class people segregated away from them.

That hill is right off Crenshaw to.

Make a right and drive for like 5 minutes you right in the rolling 60s lol

Back