Welcome To aBlackWeb

Top 10 wealthiest black neighborhoods in America

So no Cedar Hills TX, no Stone Mountain, GA neighborhoods. Drop a Clues bomb and just say in aint shit in Chicago, ATL, Charlotte, and the state of Texas.

Gentrified - renovate and improve (especially a house or district) so that it conforms to middle-class taste.

Gentrified - renovate and improve (especially a house or district) so that it conforms to middle-class taste.

nah Gentrified- renovate and improve while displacing the post (not sure if Im using this in the right context) generational community. usually affecting Black and Brown ppl.

Gentrification = “ we will give you the resources your neighborhood needs...after we kick you out.

Last edited:

That definition is flawed. For one, gentrification almost always has a racial connotation. For example, no one would consider it gentrification if some middle class blacks moved into and area and inadvertently pushed out some poor blacks.

Also, it's not really about middle class tastes. After all, gentrification most often occurs with wealthy whites pushing out poor blacks.

nah Gentrified- renovate and improve while displacing the post generational community. usually affecting Black and Brown ppl.

Gentrification = “ we will give you the resources your neighborhood needs...after we kick you out.

Actually no

Gentrification = the process of renovating and improving a house or district so that it conforms to middle-class taste.

I can only give you what the Webster definition is. Whatever definition you got from the Sputnik radio podcast. I cant help you with.

That definition is flawed. For one, gentrification almost always has a racial connotation. For example, no one would consider it gentrification if some middle class blacks moved into and area and inadvertently pushed out some poor blacks.

Also, it's not really about middle class tastes. After all, gentrification most often occurs with wealthy whites pushing out poor blacks.

I know what the term is used for. But that doesn't take away from the actually definition.

Like the definition below it entails a concept of the definition but not the actual definition. Adding in the "deteriorated urban neighborhoods" and "more affluent residents".
Gentrification is a process of renovation of deteriorated urban neighborhoods by means of the influx of more affluent residents. This is a common and controversial topic in politics and in urban planning.

h.

I know what the term is used for. But that doesn't take away from the actually definition.

Like the definition below it entails a concept of the definition but not the actual definition. Adding in the "deteriorated urban neighborhoods" and "more affluent residents".
Gentrification is a process of renovation of deteriorated urban neighborhoods by means of the influx of more affluent residents. This is a common and controversial topic in politics and in urban planning.

I feel you, but connotations matter. At this point, it would be irresponsible to leave out the racial and classist aspects of gentrification because those things matter in the practice even they aren't always intrinsic to the motivations behind gentrifying efforts.

PG County is an excellent case study on classism. Yes there are some nice parts, some really nice parts but they stay secluded as fuck from the rest of the county aka the parts right on the DC line. I grew up in PG, but I'm from Suitland Rd. Ask any of the posters here about Suitland, about Kentland, Seat Pleasant where Kevin Durant is from, Largo, Landover, Swann Rd, Silver Hill, Temple Hills, Forestville. I can name a ton of places in PG County that if you were to see you would say "How in the fuck is this one of the places where the richest black folks in the country live with this poverty?" I'm not even trying to glorify where I grew up on some "I made it out the hood shit" because that always was stupid to me, but I'm also aware of where I grew up and when I mention PG County people not from here often think of the "Richest black county in the country" shit and expect me to be one of these bougie brunch eating transplants that done moved here and fucked the city up.

I stay out on Branch Ave......right by Iverson mall....nuff said lmao

yeah and what you said about the schools is facts too....im looking to move and actually thought my son was already going to an ok school and when i pulled up the ratings....2 out 10....lmao....and most of the schools in the area were no higher than a 4 or 5

I stay out on Branch Ave......right by Iverson mall....nuff said lmao

yeah and what you said about the schools is facts too....im looking to move and actually thought my son was already going to an ok school and when i pulled up the ratings....2 out 10....lmao....and most of the schools in the area were no higher than a 4 or 5

Yeah, the school situation is annoying. It's the one thing that really makes me regret moving from Alexandria. Living around black people is cool but not at the expense of my children's futures.

Actually no

Gentrification = the process of renovating and improving a house or district so that it conforms to middle-class taste.

I can only give you what the Webster definition is. Whatever definition you got from the Sputnik radio podcast. I cant help you with.

folks always making fun of me for suggesting books to ppl but this is a prime example of somebody not doing their research.

Last edited:
“Gentrification is a perpetuation of structural violence by recreating settler colonialism on a micro level by displacing poor PoC communties.

Gentrification recreates white supremacist settler colonialism on micro scales and is aided by local officials privatizing public assets.”

Last edited:
Gentrification is a perpetuation of structural violence by recreating settler colonialism on a micro level by displacing poor PoC communties.

Gentrification recreates white supremacist settler colonialism on micro scales and is aided by local officials privatizing public assets.
usually id argue but this is very spot on

Back