Welcome To aBlackWeb

Tony Yayo>>Andre 3000

No limit probably

most of them niggas was yayo Level

this hilarious. Ima say Master P was a genius marketing and exec and took advantage of the lack of quality music comin out at that time from the south. Respect to P. Dude did the most w the least. If you consider the talent level, including himself. Master P is the biggest overachieving exec in rap history

I think what he's saying is the impact of 50s music flamed out pretty quickly. I mentioned this in a previous thread but alot of people seem to forget 50 went through a bunch of failed singles trying to push his 3rd album til he stumbled on I Get Money and him and Kanye did their fake beef...and that was in 20007. 50 first came around mainstream wise in 2002 so to be struggling for a hit single than 5 years later with as big of an introduction as he had does speak to people not really rocking with 50 and G Unit for as long as people might actually remember them being hot. What was his actual last even pseudo hit? That "Baby By Me" song?

you make a good point. 50 career suffered from his own mega success. Is happened to a bunch of artists. When u go that high up on your first joint, where is there to go from there.Same thing happened to DMX and a few other artists. We can put Ja rule in there. Their runs werent that long neither, but they were massive.

you make a good point. 50 career suffered from his own mega success. Is happened to a bunch of artists. When u go that high up on your first joint, where is there to go from there.Same thing happened to DMX and a few other artists. We can put Ja rule in there. Their runs werent that long neither, but they were massive.

I don't even think it was the success. I think it was the literal beefing with damn near everybody he worked with at some point. I mean I remember when Magic Stick dropped and within weeks 50 was dissing Lil Kim and refusing to perform the song with her. After a while people just got tired of it...and also as time has gone on alot more people realized all 50 did was take Ja Rule style and make lesser quality versions of the same shit.

And let's stop acting like 50 was the only one doing mixtapes. Most MF went back and listened to them AFTER he blew up.

Lil' Wayne was putting out them Squad Up mixtapes at the same time. He was getting notice from them, not 50s.

no one is sayin 50 was the ONLY one puttin out mixtapes. But he and Wayne revolutionized how to use them to the artists’ advantage. People wasn’t really putting out that much material and high quality on mixtapes before both of them. At one point it seemed like they was puttin them shits out monthly

• Ether
Reactions: GNS
no one is sayin 50 was the ONLY one puttin out mixtapes. But he and Wayne revolutionized how to use them to the artists’ advantage. People wasn’t really putting out that much material and high quality on mixtapes before both of them. At one point it seemed like they was puttin them shits out monthly

Nigga!......you did

:niggawhat:

10 pages of niggas going back and forth with ChiTown over Yayo/G-Unit vs 3000/Outkast?

lebron-james-nba.gif

50 just flooded the market:

Mixtapes, solo records, being on his artists records, group records, compilations, soundtracks, movies, tv shows, video games, clothing lines, shoes, commercials, websites, beefs.

He just packed a lot of content into a truncated time period. Most artists are lucky to be in half as many arenas as 50 was at his peak. That kind of overexposure mixed with all the beefs made it easy for backlash.

But to say it was only a 2 album run, is really underselling how much else he was doing in that time frame.

Back