Welcome To aBlackWeb

Tokyo 2020 Olympics Thread

Yeah but how many ppl watched it live? lol
Because the time difference I miss about 6 hours.

Because I'm still working from home I am able to watch the afternoon/evening games.

I hope the athletic finals are on during the afternoons I haven't seen any of the swimming finals live

Because the time difference I miss about 6 hours.

Because I'm still working from home I am able to watch the afternoon/evening games.

I hope the athletic finals are on during the afternoons I haven't seen any of the swimming finals live
That's the one thing I hate about these Olympics that be all the way over in China or Japan somewhere. The time difference is so crazy you gotta get up at like 3 am to watch what you want to watch live

That's the one thing I hate about these Olympics that be all the way over in China or Japan somewhere. The time difference is so crazy you gotta get up at like 3 am to watch what you want to watch live
Paris going to be great for me but LA is going to be terrible!!!

People questioning Simon Biles committment and mental toughness is bothering me.

The girl was sexually and mentally abused within the USA gymnastics program and was able to become the GOAT at her sport.

If she don't wanna do it or feel like she can't perform to her standard, so what?

View attachment 599149

my friend wrote this

interesting take

I haven't been following the topic much, so I don't know how the coverage is being put out there. However, it's just a fact that people with a bigger spotlight can bring more attention to an issue. I don't think (or at least I hope) that no one is running around here acting like Simone or Naomi have it the worst among black women. That's not the point. The point is that them making the decisions they did have brought mental health into the realm of discussion at a higher level, and now people can expand on that conversation past them and include people who do face legitimately more difficult struggles.

Also, I do think your friend is kinda missing out on the fact that a lot of black athletes are almost seen as property. They are almost always treated like it's mandatory for them to put the interests of others over their own. Yeah, they make a lot of money, but a lot of athletes from back in the day are in bad shape now because they were conned into believing that needed to sacrifice everything for the team and fans. I think Simone and Naomi should be respected for the stance they took.

I haven't been following the topic much, so I don't know how the coverage is being put out there. However, it's just a fact that people with a bigger spotlight can bring more attention to an issue. I don't think (or at least I hope) that no one is running around here acting like Simone or Naomi have it the worst among black women. That's not the point. The point is that them making the decisions they did have brought mental health into the realm of discussion at a higher level, and now people can expand on that conversation past them and include people who do face legitimately more difficult struggles.

Also, I do think your friend is kinda missing out on the fact that a lot of black athletes are almost seen as property. They are almost always treated like it's mandatory for them to put the interests of others over their own. Yeah, they make a lot of money, but a lot of athletes from back in the day are in bad shape now because they were conned into believing that needed to sacrifice everything for the team and fans. I think Simone and Naomi should be respected for the stance they took.

its not revolutionary

every day working niggas deserve the same amount of grace and compassion

rally around that

Last edited:
I keep trying to get my wife to watch shit and I’m like even if you don’t like these sports it’s nice to see the competition. Plus it’s once every 4 years

also I’ll say during a table tennis, fencing, or badminton event “when else are you gonna watch some shit like this”

meanwhile I tell somebody I was up until 3 am to watch the Olympics and she called me a nerd and said who watches the Olympics

I got furious lol
But laugh at me for playing the Olympics game...

its not revolutionary

every day working niggas deserve the same amount of grace and compassion

rally around that

You can say that all day every day, but the average person doesn't think like that. It's dumb, but the fact is a lot of people in this country don't take something seriously until they see someone on TV say it.

Back