Welcome To aBlackWeb

To Vote or Not to Vote. That is the question....

AP2.5

I was really really tryna keep it PG
Site Administrator
this convo continues to derail threads

i think there are some good points on both sides, but lets funnel all the talk here please

When it comes to not voting... based on the presidential thread...

It seems like there are some that feel like the Biden/Harris ticket is bullshit and their values wont allow them to vote for those particular President and Vice Presidential candidates... but will still vote and be engaged politically on a local/state level.

There are others that believe voting overall is pointless, Dems and Republicans are all the same.. and that divesting from the system completely is the only option.

To those that agree with the latter viewpoint... maybe this thread can be a jumpoff point..... if divesting is the only option.. what does that looks like?

I'd be curious to hear/discuss it.

Then why would you vote for any politician that isnt going to openly promise that (reparations) during their run for office?
So be a single issue voter? Is either side offering reparations? In the absence of something I want I go with the best option. That’s like starving but not eating because you want steak and the only options are chicken and fish.

@Maza Yanga

When it comes to not voting... based on the presidential thread...

It seems like there are some that feel like the Biden/Harris ticket is bullshit and their values wont allow them to vote for those particular President and Vice Presidential candidates... but will still vote and be engaged politically on a local/state level.

There are others that believe voting overall is pointless, Dems and Republicans are all the same.. and that divesting from the system completely is the only option.

To those that agree with the latter viewpoint... maybe this thread can be a jumpoff point..... if divesting is the only option.. what does that looks like?

I'd be curious to hear/discuss it.

some folks saying voting all together is dumb.

Voting is a nice tool and I've voted in every election but I can easily understand why folks don't or can't participate in it. It's clearly obvious both parties can't read the room of the country and voter suppression is severe with our communities. The real political power people had was in direct action and organizing. Just a few months ago protesters had the government and corporations trembling across the country. That's far more powerful than checking boxes in a booth every two years.

Im a non voter. This will be the first time I ever vote. So everything im saying comes from a non voter.

My issue with the non voting crowd is how hard they go trying to get people to not vote. Issue there is, at that point youre pretty much campaigning for Trump. Its one thing to not vote, and keep it moving. Its another thing to keep talking about how not voting is right and everyone who votes is stupid.

Cause real shit Trump doesnt need anyone to vote him, he just needs yall to not vote.

So the non voting folks are not voting cause they rightfully dont wanna support the white supremacy of the dems but by going so hard on why others shouldnt vote, they supporting the worse white supremacy of republicns.

So be a single issue voter? Is either side offering reparations? In the absence of something I want I go with the best option. That’s like starving but not eating because you want steak and the only options are chicken and fish.

@Maza Yanga
Thats a terrible example, and you're clearly not grasping the situation at all. Black americans should only be involved with the political process when they submit to our demands not when they tell us what they're not going to give us.

To say we are not enough to vote is crazy. With our numbers yes we can.

In the event is a close race the black vote come in an sway it unless the whole country is against it.

Im a non voter. This will be the first time I ever vote. So everything im saying comes from a non voter.

My issue with the non voting crowd is how hard they go trying to get people to not vote. Issue there is, at that point youre pretty much campaigning for Trump. Its one thing to not vote, and keep it moving. Its another thing to keep talking about how not voting is right cause at that point.

Cause real shit Trump doesnt need anyone to vote him, he just needs yall to not vote.

So the none voting folks are not voting cause they rightfully dont wanna support the white supremacy of the dems but by going so hard on why others shouldnt vote, they supporting the worse white supremacy of republicns.
Cap. White supremacy has always existed in america regardless of political party so it makes no difference for black americans. Its a new day. Black americans are being enpowered by demanding tangibles for our vote or your parties can burn in hell where they belong.

I don't classify myself as a don't voter

My views are that

1. Vote with a purpose other than the lesser of two evils, and demand something specific in exchange

2. Don't let voting be the end all be all. Plenty of work needs done in our communities
I can respect this.

I am a lesser than two evils voter though. I believe in doing all you can in your community, trying to get the people who support your interests nominated by the party, etc., but once the chips fall, you just have to vote.

And this one is too important to not participate. I probably wouldn’t have cared so much about non-voters when it was McCain or Romney because I’d agree there wouldn’t be much difference between them and the democrat nominee. This is a choice between gross incompetence that’s caused deaths and destroyed the economy and sensible, though imperfect, leadership.

Cap. White supremacy has always existed in america regardless of political party so it makes no difference for black americans. Its a new day. Black americans are being enpowered by demanding tangibles for our vote or your parties can burn in hell where they belong.

Straight missed my point but i aint expect no better

Thats a terrible example, and you're clearly not grasping the situation at all. Black americans should only be involved with the political process when they submit to our demands not when they tell us what they're not going to give us.
Like I’ve been saying all along, what are our demands? Can’t just say reparations, what does that look like. Defined by us, for us. Otherwise, you get the Biden black agenda. Then proceed to complain about that.

I don't classify myself as a don't voter

My views are that

1. Vote with a purpose other than the lesser of two evils, and demand something specific in exchange

2. Don't let voting be the end all be all. Plenty of work needs done in our communities
How is everyone proping you when we're saying the samething.

Back