Welcome To aBlackWeb

TNF Week 4: Dolphins at Bengals

Who ya got?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
ABW neurologists say otherwise though

You can have a head injury and not have it be a concussion.

In football there are many sub concussive impacts that doesn't meet the standard of concussion.

Dolphins made themselves look suspicious when they said it was a back injury, yet Tua clearly hit his head, was able to get up without assistanceand stumble around and then come back play.

Then was able to physically play the next game.

The simplest explanation is Tua got his bell rung, didn't have strong concussion symptoms, was able to pass that bullshit concussion test, Dolphins said it was back injury to cover their ass and then Tua got kilt the next game.

If the Dolphins didn't wanna look suspicious, could've just sat Tua after the first hit against the Bills. Say Tua will be monitored for concussion symptoms and then say he was cleared to play.

The public would have more grace.

Instead the Dolphins wanna play games and now they look like the stereotypical soulless football team player an injured player to win a game when he shouldn't been out there.

Doctors and shit aren't infallible.

At the end of the day, the players sign up for this shit. It's a collision sport. That's why they give you protection to wear.
Yep

all the players in Tua’s generation are well aware of the effects and are still out there. Thy are making a conscious choice to play a violent game. Many of them are smartening up and playing shorter pro careers. I defintely care about the health and safety of the players but to completely absolve them of any responsibility is disingenuous than mf

Yep

all the players in Tua’s generation are well aware of the effects and are still out there. Thy are making a conscious choice to play a violent game. Many of them are smartening up and playing shorter pro careers. I defintely care about the health and safety of the players but to completely absolve them of any responsibility is disingenuous than mf

Ain't too many occupations you can get without a college degree that's gonna pay you hundreds of thousands to millions at 22. Nobody gonna turn that shit down over their health. Shit regular motherfuckers joined Fear Factor and risked their lives for a check. People gotta eat. People knew how dangerous football was back in the day, people were dying to playing it when it was invented.

Brett Farve played through all types of shit to avoid losing his job. Tom Brady got a whole career to because someone got injury. People show up to work sick to avoid losing their job...why would a player not suffer through injuries to avoid losing theirs? Lose your job, lose our on millions of dollars or you gonna go out there and play.

A good organization protects their members from their ambitions and understand the pressures of the job. A good society wouldn't have their young people making the decision to get permanent life long brain damage because it's better than working a 9 to 5.

What you guys think of expanding the team past the roster of 53 so multiple postions can have backups instead of having to sign people off practice teams/no-signees on the team.

At the end of the day, the players sign up for this shit. It's a collision sport. That's why they give you protection to wear.

Yep.

Jus outrage/prisoner of the moment culture.

Jus gotta wait it out n wait for the news cycle to move on

good-answer-family-feud.gif

This is 100%

Thats not my issue with it, my issue was the constant replays, the close ups, slow motions, and the announcers talking with what sounded like 0 empathy.

This is 100%

Thats not my issue with it, my issue was the constant replays, the close ups, slow motions, and the announcers talking with what sounded like 0 empathy.

What network was you watchin?

Cuz the TNF crew on Amazon was damn near sick to their stomachs.

The announcers was definitely showing concern fam
What network was you watchin?

Cuz the TNF crew on Amazon was damn near sick to their stomachs.

To my defense, I was fuuucked up last night.

So i might have processed it wrong. Ill defer to yall both on this. I thought I didnt hear concern, but if yall say they showed concerned, then im wrong.

Yep

Just now seeing this. Sorry for the late response.

We all care about players safety. The protocols were put in place to protect players from themselves. I wasn't in the locker room last week but I can guarantee Tua shook the cobwebs off, passed his tests, and lobbied to get back in there to show his team they can count on him. If it was a lesser player and a lesser opponent, I'm sure the team woulda sat him down. That's the nature of the game.

You and I both played football. You know until they take your helmet from you if you can get back on the field, you are going back out there. The players gotta do a better job at protecting themselves from themselves, bcuz the team and coaches are gonna want them to play.

Last edited:
Nah bro they saw what happened Sunday and he clearly had a head injury. All the former players are saying it.

The coach should have sat him down especially on a short week and he should not have been allowed to finish the game.

This could/should have been prevented. The Dolhpins messed up period. They claim they care about player safety but keep dropping the ball.

They changed his injury on Sunday from a clear head injury to a back injury. Nobody signed up for their mishandling of his injury

It was obvious he had a head injury Sunday and I called it then.
sorry for the late response.

Bro.
HE PASSED ALL HIS TESTS.

He was cleared to play. He played and got hurt again.

If he passes all his tests again, guess what. He will play again. I'm sure the Dolphins ain't putting a gun to dudes head. He needs to tell them he ain't ready if he doesn't want to play. Players rarely do that tho. That's the bigger issue. They should go to the NFLPA if they feel pressured to play injured and start filing grievances.

I would like him to sit for a few weeks but that ain't my call.

Back