Welcome To aBlackWeb

Tiffany Haddish bombs on stage for her NYE stand up comedy show

The suggestion that it was hard to go through that video without laughing is funnier than any of her jokes. To be fair, I didn't even make it through. After minute two of her "I gotta get me a buncha baby daddies" bit, I had to turn it off. I don't know what it is about her. It's not like she's the only black chick to make stereotypical jokes, but for others, the jokes seemed like jokes. With her, they don't come off as jokes. She comes off as a bird saying bird shit. And she's telling those jokes to an audience full of white people, who probably came out of that like "see, I told you they were like that."

Yeah I stopped at 2:12.

She's funny in the same way Mike Epps is funny acting wise. A typical hood ass character typecast option. They don't have to know how to really act because their presence is the performance.

I've been watching her stand up since she was on comedy Central presents back in the day to the present and she's been consistent in the type of material she does but in the world of comedy that equates to being stagnant.

Like I said before, she's embracing her celebrity status from her movie roles,prolly smoking the most premium of gasses and bombed the performance.

She needs to do better tho because like @Rubato said it can be viewed as disrespecting the craft if you're not putting in the work to improve as a comedian.

Back