Welcome To aBlackWeb

this is violently irritating

Re: the bolded - Yep. There we go. That’s exactly what I mean. And I’m not even saying that it’s definitely not in line with his actual teachings. But I AM saying that there is more than enough evidence to question that, you know?

Re: The italicized and underlined - Disagree. There definitely is a point. If we believe that we’re made in God’s image, and if we believe that we were given the gift of both free will and discernment, it stands to reason that it would be perfectly acceptable to look at all the evidence and making ou own determination about what makes sense and what doesn’t, what is true based on his actual teachings and what was manufactured by man for a variety of reasons.

If that makes sense.

It doesn’t stand to reason or make any sense, in my opinion, to look at the Bible and NOT apply our own opinions on how much of it is really bullshit.

You just have to be willing to live with whatever consequences of potentially being wrong. I am.

Like I said, there's nothing wrong with questioning the Bible, but there isn't that much to question when it comes to the Gospels. They are all pretty consistent when it comes to the philosophy taught by Jesus.

Like I said, there's nothing wrong with questioning the Bible, but there isn't that much to question when it comes to the Gospels. They are all pretty consistent when it comes to the philosophy taught by Jesus.

I guess we’ll just have to agree to disagree. Because I still have no clue what you’re basing that on or why you say that.

whatever though. We all gotta walk our own path.

I guess we’ll just have to agree to disagree. Because I still have no clue what you’re basing that on or why you say that.

whatever though. We all gotta walk our own path.

I'm talking about the consistency of the message across the Gospels. All you have to do is read them to know whether they contradict or not. What's confusing about that?

Everybody not good at saying that right thing.... But they just want to help ease your pain.

They mean well, they just don't have a close enough bond with you to connect on words alone

I'm talking about the consistency of the message across the Gospels. All you have to do is read them to know whether they contradict or not. What's confusing about that?

Ah. Gotcha. The consistency of the message. Understood.

How hard would it be formalize the bullshit, when you consider gatherings like the Conference of Nicea? Ya know?

Like, it takes an extreme amount of trust to just accept it all. And maybe that’s the ultimate test of religion so maybe that’s appropriate And like I said, I’m not even saying any or all of it is bullshit. But there’s definitely enough there for me to feel comfortable just leaning on my own understanding.

Ah. Gotcha. The consistency of the message. Understood.

How hard would it be formalize the bullshit, when you consider gatherings like the Conference of Nicea? Ya know?

Like, it takes an extreme amount of trust to just accept it all. And maybe that’s the ultimate test of religion so maybe that’s appropriate And like I said, I’m not even saying any or all of it is bullshit. But there’s definitely enough there for me to feel comfortable just leaning on my own understanding.

I get what you're saying, but we have found some early versions of the Gospels. I think the oldest we've found was dated back to about 60 years after the time Jesus was supposed to have died. From a historical standpoint, that's not that bad especially for a society that passed a lot of its history down verbally.

If you've heard of the NIV version of the Bible, that's a translation that was made by factoring in the oldest versions of the books found.

There is no right of passage to be a Christian? Can you just claim to be one on your own free will?
Yes there is. It’s freely offered to everyone, but becoming Christian DOES cost. In other words no one can become Christian without first following specific requirements to be admitted all of which have been instituted by and dedicated with the blood of Yhoshua. This whole idea that a person only has to believe, and nothing beyond that, is a death trap. The idea that the holy text teaches several avenues to enter the covenant with God is a complete fallacy, and neither is the text subject to multiple interpretation. And it is the responsibility of every individual who wants to learn to get the proper understanding and to prevent from being deceived by false teaching of others.

Back