Welcome To aBlackWeb

This chick think she smart

This is pretty much why Latifah is arguably the best female rapper there ever was.

Can't even think of a close 2nd.

Latifah benefited from timing as well cause when she popped, it was during a strong pro black and enlightenment movement so the value female intelligence was at a all time high. So a sista could look at Latifah and want to be like Latifah

You overthinking shit bruh. It's like @5th Letter said, she just don't make music women like. I don't think there is anything deeper than that. Women tend to care about how catchy a song is over the lyrics or subject matter. Obviously, there are exceptions, but in my experience that's been the case more often than not. You'll hear plenty of chicks quoting some hook from a commercial rap track. You won't hear nearly as many quoting some complex lyrics from an underground joint.

Thing is, what she makes today is what women would have liked back in the 90's. Remember: Back then chicks was fuckin' with MC Lyte, Lauryn Hill, Latifah, and Bahamadhia. Salt and Pepa always straddled the line between commercial and conscious so they had an audience with pretty much everything they dropped.

The chicks I came up with will recite a Rakim, KRS, Tribe, or De La line like it ain't shit. They were built different I guess.

Last edited:
Thing is, what she makes today is what women would have liked back in the 90's. Remember: Back then chicks was fuckin' with MC Lyte, Lauryn Hill, Latifah, and Bahamadhia. Salt and Pepa always straddled the line between commercial and conscious so they had an audience with pretty much everything they dropped.

The chicks I came up with will recite a Rakim, KRS, Tribe, or De La line like it ain't shit. They were build different I guess.
What women valued in women was different

1. I guess Lauryn Hill is an exception to the rule. An outlier. Because she rapped and sang about consciousness and sold multiplatinum and won a handful of Grammys. But she was also pretty and showed a lil skin, not alot of skin, but just enough skin so that girls that are preoccupied with beauty would listen.

2. If you ask any girl if she would rather be smart like Oprah Winfrey or look like Bridgette B, 100% of girls would rather look like Bridgette B. There's no such thing as a girl that would choose to be Oprahe Winfrey over Bridgette B.

In other words, girls value beauty over intelligence.

Men, on the other hand, would choose to be smart and rich over being sexually attractive. Because a smart, rich man can get a beautiful woman, but a smart, rich woman doesn't want a beautiful man because that isn't how women think.

Back