Welcome To aBlackWeb

They finally found a black artist to shuck & jive w/ Maroon 5 @ the Super Bowl in the ATL..

lol What exactly do you mean by that? White people sacrifice other white people to appease black anger all the time. This unity that you guys believe whites have is a fairy tale. Yes, they are able to move in ways that blacks can't sometimes, but that has nothing to do with unity and everything to do with the fact that their group is in power which gives them leeway we don't have.

To say that whites are unified in this era where the majority of high level conflict in the country now is between whites is ridiculous.

So cause they may do that once in a blue moon that erases all the others? Come you know damn well no one is speaking in absolutes. If everything has to be broken all the way down to the simplest detail to have a discussion the shit ain't worth having on the internet. Not enough space for all the words that needs to be typed.

So white unity against black people is fairy tale? LLS yeah ok.

Who said whites were unified across the board? Cause I certainly didn't.

So cause they may do that once in a blue moon that erases all the others? Come you know damn well no one is speaking in absolutes. If everything has to be broken all the way down to the simplest detail to have a discussion the shit ain't worth having on the internet. Not enough space for all the words that needs to be typed.

So white unity against black people is fairy tale? LLS yeah ok.

Who said whites were unified across the board? Cause I certainly didn't. Speak only on the words I typed not what you think I mean. You don't know me personally to infer any meaning to what I didn't type.

They do it all the fucking time. You guys are basically rewriting reality to serve the narrative you want to push. White people, especially elite white people, have no problem hanging each other out to dry to serve their own interests. Fucking Republican politicians, who are almost exclusively white, have created a whole agenda of basically using misdirection to confuse poor white people so they can shit on those poor white people. This isn't about absolutes. It's about you guys just making up shit. Half the people that we now consider white (e.g., Irish, Italians, Germans, etc...) were treated like complete shit less than a century ago. They are only treated better now because the Civil Rights movement forced elite whites to embrace those others in order to stamp out the threat they thought blacks and other minorities represented. That's not real unity. It's all a trick.

And your last comment is nonsense. If you don't believe that whites have some kind of pervasive unity in their community that blacks don't, then what the fuck are you even talking about because that's the clear implication of claiming that blacks don't have a code and then using what whites do as an example. Again, it's fine for you guys to claim that blacks don't have a code, but by the logic you're using, no group has a code, so what is the point of constantly bashing blacks over that?

Serious question.

Do you think black people really know what true freedom is?
I think we know...but I think a majority of us are afraid of it.
True freedom takes responsibility and accountability.
True freedom is knowing how to think for yourself.

They do it all the fucking time. You guys are basically rewriting reality to serve the narrative you want to push. White people, especially elite white people, have no problem hanging each other out to dry to serve their own interests. Fucking Republican politicians, who are almost exclusively white, have created a whole agenda of basically using misdirection to confuse poor white people so they can shit on those poor white people. This isn't about absolutes. It's about you guys just making up shit. Half the people that we now consider white (e.g., Irish, Italians, Germans, etc...) were treated like complete shit less than a century ago. They are only treated better now because the Civil Rights movement forced elite whites to embrace those others in order to stamp out the threat they thought blacks and other minorities represented. That's not real unity. It's all a trick.

And your last comment is nonsense. If you don't believe that whites have some kind of pervasive unity in their community that blacks don't, then what the fuck are you even talking about because that's the clear implication of claiming that blacks don't have a code and then using what whites do as an example. Again, it's fine for you guys to claim that blacks don't have a code, but by the logic you're using, no group has a code, so what is the point of constantly bashing blacks over that?

Provide a few examples of it cause I don't see it. Like I said compared to amount of shit that white people do to black people I don't even see how you can realistically feel that way.

Even poor whites get treated with kid gloves when it comes to the judicial system in this country. How is that not part of a code? So (irish, italians, germans, etc.)they're still treated better than black people but that ain't part of a code? Regardless of the reason they are all against us.

What I mean by not unified across the board is that they don't always agree on everything among themselves but no matter if they disagree on something they will come together to go against black people. There are too many black who not willing to do that. We can still have disagreements among black people but when it comes to white people too many black will stand with white people against a black person. You find but a few white people who will actually do that.

I think we know...but I think a majority of us are afraid of it.
True freedom takes responsibility and accountability.
True freedom is knowing how to think for yourself.

I can agree with that line of thinking. Freedom is of each individuals making and that has to be respected. We don't have that level of respect IMO and that is major problem

I still don't know what you mean by we have no code. By the logic you seem to be pushing, no group of humans of any kind in the history of humanity has had a code, so I'm not sure why you keep pushing this rhetoric with regard to blacks.

In slave times, slave revolts happened, so I'm not sure what you mean by nothing happened. Some revolts were successful, most weren't. The game is rigged and always has been, so I don't know why you continue to act like black people are taking shit solely because we don't want it to stop. That's not true. I'm one of the people that says the NFL players should sit out a game to teach the owners a lesson, but I also understand why they don't do that, and it's not as simple as "we don't have a code."
A code is being and protecting black first.
How many slave rebellions was it?
Why would Harriet Tubman have to get the Glock to force dudes time freedom?
How did hatians get their island?
Amistad, ever here of it?

I say all this to say....yes some fight...but alot more don't.

Now...try to open a soul food place in bensonhurst.
You will see a code.

"for what?" the same check you cashed when the eagles was using your song as their war cry last year
Odds are they got to use that song for free. Dumb artist stay letting them use their music for free with the promise of exposure, smh.

Provide a few examples of it cause I don't see it. Like I said compared to amount of shit that white people do to black people I don't even see how you can realistically feel that way.

Even poor whites get treated with kid gloves when it comes to the judicial system in this country. How is that not part of a code? So there still treated better than black people but that ain't part of a code? Regardless of the reason they are all against us.

What I mean by not unified across the board is that they don't always agree on everything among themselves but no matter if they disagree on something they will come together to go against black people. There are too many black who not willing to do that. We can still have disagreements among black people but when it comes to white people too many black will stand with white people against a black person. You find but a few white people who will actually do that.

Are you serious man? Pretty much every famous person that has ever said the word "Nigger" or anything offensive towards blacks took a hit. Don Imus lost his show until things cooled down. Michael Richards lost his career. Donald Sterling lost his team. You think those things happened because the people in power gave a fuck about those dudes did? No, it happened because they were willing to sacrifice a few to keep the rest in good standing.

And again, you keep on claiming that white people always stick together against black people. There was a whole fucking war fought primarily between white people over slavery. If what you're saying is true, that never would have happened. If a bunch of white people didn't ally themselves with the Civil Rights movement, it never would have succeeded, so again, what you're saying is just not true. Even today, white liberals are punching white conservatives in the face because of police brutality against blacks, discrimination against Muslims, and attacks on latins. I'm not saying that any whites at all should be looked at as unquestioned allies of our community, but it is objectively false that there was ever a time in this country where whites were unified against blacks in the way that you say.

There is a huge problem with your line of reasoning and it has to do with a misunderstanding that you and others have about what racism is about. I could explain it in detail, but niggas on here complain about too many words, so I'll leave it alone.

You will see a code.

Exactly. That is really my basic point. They can all hate each other all day everyday but have absolutely no problem temporarily putting that hate to the side to come together to crush black people.

Too many black people won't do that. They will side with a white person who hates them to go against a black person who they hate. At the end of it all the white person who they sided with against a black person gets rids of their black ass once they have fulfilled that need.

You will see a code.

I don't really get your point. Conservative estimates say there were at least 250 revolts in the U.S. before the Civil War. Now recognize that whites had all the power and all the weapons and took specific measures to prevent revolts and still black people tried to rise up. You guys make it seem like black people don't do anything to better themselves because we don't want to. It's not that simple. People choose not to because they know there are consequences to fighting back, and not everyone is strong enough to deal with those consequences. I believe you're acknowledging that, and you're right. My point is that the same thing holds for all groups. You think when the French had their revolution that all the poor french were on the side of the revolters? Of course not. You think when America had its Revolution against the British that all the colonists were on America's side. Of course not. Again, it's fair for you to say that blacks have no code, but by the logic you're pushing, no group has a code, so it makes no sense to constantly bash black people for that. The masses always rely on the strong few to step up and do what's right. That's true regardless of color.

I don't really get your point. Conservative estimates say there were at least 250 revolts in the U.S. before the Civil War. Now recognize that whites had all the power and all the weapons and took specific measures to prevent revolts and still black people tried to rise up. You guys make it seem like black people don't do anything to better themselves because we don't want to. It's not that simple. People choose not to because they know there are consequences to fighting back, and not everyone is strong enough to deal with those consequences. I believe you're acknowledging that, and you're right. My point is that the same thing holds for all groups. You think when the French had their revolution that all the poor french were on the side of the revolters? Of course not. You think when America had its Revolution against the British that all the colonists were on America's side. Of course not. Again, it's fair for you to say that blacks have no code, but by the logic you're pushing, no group has a code, so it makes no sense to constantly bash black people for that. The masses always rely on the strong few to step up and do what's right. That's true regardless of color.
Ok...let me ask you this.

How far you want to go with this?
I respect your point of view...and tour your idea is needed in our community.....BUT...you way if looking at it is the very thing that alot aren't seeing and that's why it's so much fuckery.

What is a slave revolt? What constitutes a slave revolt?
250 you say? How that work out?

I'm not trying to down my people...it's actually the opposite...but if dudes talk the game and I speak on it....the rules can't then change.

And also....I don't care for others....but why would so many be able to grow yet we trying to do different but growing like a bonsai tree?

Are you serious man? Pretty much every famous person that has ever said the word "Nigger" or anything offensive towards blacks took a hit. Don Imus lost his show until things cooled down. Michael Richards lost his career. Donald Sterling lost his team. You think those things happened because the people in power gave a fuck about those dudes did? No, it happened because they were willing to sacrifice a few to keep the rest in good standing.

And again, you keep on claiming that white people always stick together against black people. There was a whole fucking war fought primarily between white people over slavery. If what you're saying is true, that never would have happened. If a bunch of white people didn't ally themselves with the Civil Rights movement, it never would have succeeded, so again, what you're saying is just not true. Even today, white liberals are punching white conservatives in the face because of police brutality against blacks, discrimination against Muslims, and attacks on latins. I'm not saying that any whites at all should be looked at as unquestioned allies of our community, but it is objectively false that there was ever a time in this country where whites were unified against blacks in the way that you say.

There is a huge problem with your line of reasoning and it has to do with a misunderstanding that you and others have about what racism is about. I could explain it in detail, but niggas on here complain about too many words, so I'll leave it alone.

You comparing white people taking a hit to black people losing a career. Thats not comparable to me. Donald Sterling gained 2 Billions dollars he didn't lose shit. It have been known that he was racist yet for years it was overlooked.

The bold is part of their fucking code that we as black people don't have.

That wasn't cause the north truly wanted black slaves free though. So that is some bullshit you talking right now. Lincoln himself said "if he could find a way to settle this without freeing 1 slave that is what he would do." So you might need to use another example. That shit was a power struggle among white people and slaves were the commodity of whites power in the south that was surpassing the power the whites in the north had and wanted to maintain. That was more on some lets reign this power issue in before it gets out of hand.

If what Malcolm and Martin and many other were assassinated for is still a major problem for black people after 50 years how successful really was the civil rights movement. I'm not trying to shit on the movement I'm just of the opinion its not a successful as some try to make it out to be.

That shit is all for show cause when comes to prosecute those police officers and change the policy on the books those same white liberals ain't making shit happen. I know republicans just had the house and the senate but that wasn't always the case and police brutality against black has ALWAYS been the case.

I don't have a misunderstanding about shit. I just don't see shit the way you do. You have your opinion and I have mine.

Ok...let me ask you this.

How far you want to go with this?
I respect your point of view...and tour your idea is needed in our community.....BUT...you way if looking at it is the very thing that alot aren't seeing and that's why it's so much fuckery.

What is a slave revolt? What constitutes a slave revolt?
250 you say? How that work out?

I'm not trying to down my people...it's actually the opposite...but if dudes talk the game and I speak on it....the rules can't then change.

For the two centuries preceding the American Civil War (1861–65), one historian found documentary evidence of more than 250 uprisings or attempted uprisings involving 10 or more slaves whose aim was personal freedom.

https://www.britannica.com/topic/slave-rebellions

Most of them ended badly because despite blacks having a numbers advantage, whites had the weapons and power. Those revolts didn't fail simply because blacks lack a code, just like blacks in America aren't failing because blacks have a code. Like I said the last time you and I debated, your desire to want to push blacks to do better is admirable and needed, but you don't have to create this false narrative where blacks are some how less unified or less committed to each other than other groups to accomplish your goal.

And also....I don't care for others....but why would so many be able to grow yet we trying to do different but growing like a bonsai tree?

That's easy. Blacks have been attacked in a way that other groups simply haven't, mostly because for the majority of this country's history, we've been the largest minority group. People like throwing up the Asians as a group that has surpassed us. You can probably point to some differences in culture that have helped them along, but by and large, the reason they've succeeded and we've failed is because whites saw us as a threat and largely ignored them. How many Chinatowns are there in this country? Several right? They've been around for decades and been allowed to exist. How many Black Wallstreets are there? None because when we had one, it was firebombed. Asians aren't ahead of us because they have a code and we don't. They are ahead of us because while we were fighting and dying for our rights, that sat back and watched, allowed whites to direct all their hatred towards us, and then climbed the ladder when no one was looking.

You comparing white people taking a hit to black people losing a career. Thats not comparable to me. Donald Sterling gained 2 Billions dollars he didn't lose shit. It have been known that he was racist yet for years it was overlooked.

The bold is part of their fucking code that we as black people don't have.

That wasn't cause the north truly wanted black slaves free though. So that is some bullshit you talking right now. Lincoln himself said "if he could find a way to settle this without freeing 1 slave that is what he would do." So you might need to use another example. That shit was a power struggle among white people and slaves were the commodity of whites power in the south that was surpassing the power the whites in the north had and wanted to maintain. That was more on some lets reign this power issue in before it gets out of hand.

If what Malcolm and Martin and many other were assassinated for is still a major problem for black people after 50 years how successful really was the civil rights movement. I'm not trying to shit on the movement I'm just of the opinion its not a successful as some try to make it out to be.

That shit is all for show cause when comes to prosecute those police officers and change the policy on the books those same white liberals ain't making shit happen. I know republicans just had the house and the senate but that wasn't always the case and police brutality against black has ALWAYS been the case.

I don't have a misunderstanding about shit. I just don't see shit the way you do. You have your opinion and I have mine.

Donald Sterling got paid for a team he owned. He didn't want to give it up, and he could have made much more than 2 billion dollars off of it over time if he kept it. You're making it seem like he got paid for being a racist. lol He didn't. He got forced out of ownership against his will.

I'm not sure what your point about the Civil War is. Yes, Lincoln's desire in going to war was to preserve the Union, but why do you think he had to go to war to preserve the Union? Because slavery as an institution was causing a divide in the country. Your whole point is that whites always band together against blacks. If that were really true, then there would have never been any beef over slavery, and we'd still be in chains today. Also, it's just plain false that the power in the South was surpassing the power in the North, but even if that was, you're still countering your own argument about white unity. Again, if your line of reasoning was true, whites would have found a way to work it out without freeing slaves and assisting blacks.

Societal change doesn't happen overnight. You think centuries of racist infrastructure could be torn down in 50 years? Come on man. Back then, CaCs could string you up for looking at a white woman, take pictures as a group around your dead body smiling, and no one in the picture would get in trouble. Back then cops wouldn't have to bother coming up with bullshit excuses to explain why they killed a black person. They could kill black people with impunity. No, shit is not perfect today, but progress doesn't disappear just because you choose not to acknowledge it.

And yes, you do have a misunderstanding about racism. Some things are opinion. Some things aren't. Racism as a concept has a factual start in this country and a factual reason for its implementation. When you act like poor whites getting better treatment by the judicial system is some sort of example of white unity, you are clearly showing that you don't understand what racism is in this country. If you understood its origins, you would never make that conclusion.

https://www.britannica.com/topic/slave-rebellions

Most of them ended badly because despite blacks having a numbers advantage, whites had the weapons and power. Those revolts didn't fail simply because blacks lack a code, just like blacks in America aren't failing because blacks have a code. Like I said the last time you and I debated, your desire to want to push blacks to do better is admirable and needed, but you don't have to create this false narrative where blacks are some how less unified or less committed to each other than other groups to accomplish your goal.

That's easy. Blacks have been attacked in a way that other groups simply haven't, mostly because for the majority of this country's history, we've been the largest minority group. People like throwing up the Asians as a group that has surpassed us. You can probably point to some differences in culture that have helped them along, but by and large, the reason they've succeeded and we've failed is because whites saw us as a threat and largely ignored them. How many Chinatowns are there in this country? Several right? They've been around for decades and been allowed to exist. How many Black Wallstreets are there? None because when we had one, it was firebombed. Asians aren't ahead of us because they have a code and we don't. They are ahead of us because while we were fighting and dying for our rights, that sat back and watched, allowed whites to direct all their hatred towards us, and then climbed the ladder when no one was looking.
The fact we are attacked like you say means we should be more unified.
We can't act like a poor person and rich person want still have the same problems when both are black. But most times classism divides and we see ourselves as different.
The NFL us a prime example....I get people want to feed their families....but once you get the first check....investment can stop the control the owners have over them. But niggas rather have cars and flash.

So they have the option of freedom but the slave gets money and makes himself more of a slave by creating an image of a lifestyle of ballin with endless money.
Now they gotta keep up that image. Now they a slave to the image and a slave to the check...vs freedom from all and feeding his family.

Donald Sterling got paid for a team he owned. He didn't want to give it up, and he could have made much more than 2 billion dollars off of it over time if he kept it. You're making it seem like he got paid for being a racist. lol He didn't. He got forced out of ownership against his will.

I'm not sure what your point about the Civil War is. Yes, Lincoln's desire in going to war was to preserve the Union, but why do you think he had to go to war to preserve the Union? Because slavery as an institution was causing a divide in the country. Your whole point is that whites always band together against blacks. If that were really true, then there would have never been any beef over slavery, and we'd still be in chains today. Also, it's just plain false that the power in the South was surpassing the power in the North, but even if that was, you're still countering your own argument about white unity. Again, if your line of reasoning was true, whites would have found a way to work it out without freeing slaves and assisting blacks.

Societal change doesn't happen overnight. You think centuries of racist infrastructure could be torn down in 50 years? Come on man. Back then, CaCs could string you up for looking at a white woman, take pictures as a group around your dead body smiling, and no one in the picture would get in trouble. Back then cops wouldn't have to bother coming up with bullshit excuses to explain why they killed a black person. They could kill black people with impunity. No, shit is not perfect today, but progress doesn't disappear just because you choose not to acknowledge it.

And yes, you do have a misunderstanding about racism. Some things are opinion. Some things aren't. Racism as a concept has a factual start in this country and a factual reason for its implementation. When you act like poor whites getting better treatment by the judicial system is some sort of example of white unity, you are clearly showing that you don't understand what racism is in this country. If you understood its origins, you would never make that conclusion.

You making it seem like he actually paid a price when he didn't. When you take a loss you don't gain something. In that Sterling gained 2 billion dollars. Sterling would be dead in the amount of time that it would take for the Clippers to actually make that 2 billion dollars. So he gained more than he lost.

My point is clear.

Didn't say change happens over night but we still fighting the exact same fight and their speeches are still relevant to the "T". If shit had changed as much as some yall want to make it seem the things they were talking would be really outdated when its not. For the most black people still being killed with impunity. Some black people were hung in 2017 and 2018 just cause it wasn't a party with pics being taken with the bodies don't represent progress to me.

You can still maintain that opinion. Its a "part" of that unity. You can choose to ignore that but I'm not. You willing to let shit slide and I'm not. So have that opinion and I'll keep mine.

You making it seem like he actually paid a price when he didn't. When you take a loss you don't gain something. In that Sterling gained 2 billion dollars. Sterling would be dead in the amount of time that it would take for the Clippers to actually make that 2 billion dollars. So he gained more than he lost.

My point is clear.

Didn't say change happens over night but we still fighting the exact same fight and their speeches are still relevant to the "T". If shit had changed as much as some yall want to make it seem the things they were talking would be really outdated when its not. For the most black people still being killed with impunity. Some black people were hung in 2017 and 2018 just cause it wasn't a party with pics being taken with the bodies don't represent progress to me.

You can still maintain that opinion. Its a "part" of that unity. You can choose to ignore that but I'm not. You willing to let shit slide and I'm not. So have that opinion and I'll keep mine.

Bruh, he didn't gain anything. Do you not understand how ownership works. He was forced out of his ownership and given the cash value of his team at the time. That's not at all reflective of what the team would be worth for years and maybe generations to come. He did take a loss. Why do you think he tried to take them to court and fight it.

Again, we're not fighting the exact same fight. Yes, we're fighting over some issues, but it's not the same fight. That's a gross simplification in order to salvage your point. And the progress is not that black people aren't being killed anymore. The progress is that white people can't just pull that shit and expect to walk away without issue. Again, a white person could kill a black person, have everyone in the town know he killed that black person, walk around bragging about killing the black person, and still get off. That's not something that could happen today. Yes, our rights are violated frequently now. That's bad, but it's not as bad as basically not having your rights enforced at all, which is where blacks were 50 years ago.

And I'm not sure what I'm letting slide. Just because I have an informed opinion and you're basically basing everything you say off of clouds and sun sparkles doesn't mean I'm any less against the injustices we face.

The fact we are attacked like you say means we should be more unified.
We can't act like a poor person and rich person want still have the same problems when both are black. But most times classism divides and we see ourselves as different.
The NFL us a prime example....I get people want to feed their families....but once you get the first check....investment can stop the control the owners have over them. But niggas rather have cars and flash.

So they have the option of freedom but the slave gets money and makes himself more of a slave by creating an image of a lifestyle of ballin with endless money.
Now they gotta keep up that image. Now they a slave to the image and a slave to the check...vs freedom from all and feeding his family.

lol We are more unified. Asians don't gather up to fight for shit. That incident with the cop in NYC was like the first time they made that move. Richard Aoki was a Japanese dude during the Civil Rights Era and he joined the Black Panther Party (and was subsequently turned into an informant but that's another matter). His reason for that was that he couldn't get any Asians to form up to fight injustice. He only managed to do that after the BPP and even then commented on how much more difficult it was.

Look at it like this. Break the black community down.

You have a lot of our people that are poor and trapped in the hood. To them, the system seems like an unbeatable force that will keep them down.

You have some of our people who were poor and in the hood, but made it out. To them the system is bad, but it's not unbeatable especially if you're willing to work hard.

You have some of our people who are middle class and were never in the hood. They understand the unfairnesss of the system, but they haven't been beaten down and believe they can make it with hard work albeit harder than whites.

You have some of our people who are rich. Some of them acknowledge the unfairness of the system. Some don't. Some believe the system needs to change, but many of them don't want that because they benefit from the system.

You're absolutely right. There is no code across those groups. You look at it and say it's a black people thing. I'm telling it's not a black people thing. It's a people thing. People in general have different experiences and perspectives. It's hard to get all those people to agree on something. Everyone I listed above might believe that something needs to be done to help blacks, but they all will believe something different about what should be done because their understanding of the plight of blacks in america is different.

Bruh, he didn't gain anything. Do you not understand how ownership works. He was forced out of his ownership and given the cash value of his team at the time. That's not at all reflective of what the team would be worth for years and maybe generations to come. He did take a loss. Why do you think he tried to take them to court and fight it.

Again, we're not fighting the exact same fight. Yes, we're fighting over some issues, but it's not the same fight. That's a gross simplification in order to salvage your point. And the progress is not that black people aren't being killed anymore. The progress is that white people can't just pull that shit and expect to walk away without issue. Again, a white person could kill a black person, have everyone in the town know he killed that black person, walk around bragging about killing the black person, and still get off. That's not something that could happen today. Yes, our rights are violated frequently now. That's bad, but it's not as bad as basically not having your rights enforced at all, which is where blacks were 50 years ago.

And I'm not sure what I'm letting slide. Just because I have an informed opinion and you're basically basing everything you say off of clouds and sun sparkles doesn't mean I'm any less against the injustices we face.

The team was worth a lot less than 2 billion. You don't even know the shit talking about and trying to use as an example to support your opinion. The dude Steve Ballmer bid well over what the Clippers were worth because he just that pressed to become a NBA team owner. Go look it up.

Didn't say you were against any injustices. I said you were willing to let certain shit slides or give it the benefit of the doubt in terms of what I consider being part of white unity.

Back