Welcome To aBlackWeb

i think it's funny how everybody hype about black panther, but nobody really talking about black lightning.......

i mean a few folk talking, but it's not as trend worthy..
it's jsut funny how niggaz stay tryign to identify with africa, but yet they pretend black american shit don't exist....

Sick burn but it's actually probably because Marvel IS mainstream entertainment media. Not as many eyes are on this by comparison. Plus Black Lightning was always very underrated even in the comic book community.

This show will be his first real exposure to a greater audience. You can say the same for Black Panther who was always also very underrated even by comic book fans as well. However he had the benefit of being sneak previewed in a movie showcasing the war between the 2 most white bread cookie cutter superheroes in cinema today.

Sick burn but it's actually probably because Marvel IS mainstream entertainment media. Not as many eyes are on this by comparison. Plus Black Lightning was always very underrated even in the comic book community.
i hear ya, but the promo for this been going on for this all year long...

black panther is trending with folk who don't kow two shits about comics off the strength that it's a majority black cast....

same wit BL, yet no where near the same love.....

i wouldn't' even care if it was folk who don't know shit about heroes....it's just that the dream of a perfect african land where black people are empowered is more appealing to niggaz, than a black man in the hood trying to change things and stay positive.....

dude basically like meteor man.... shit has mad potential, but i'm already in fear that it won't be trendy enough to get any real burn....

and imo the pilot was great

i hear ya, but the promo for this been going on for this all year long...

black panther is trending with folk who don't kow two shits about comics off the strength that it's a majority black cast....

same wit BL, yet no where near the same love.....

i wouldn't' even care if it was folk who don't know shit about heroes....it's just that the dream of a perfect african land where black people are empowered is more appealing to niggaz, than a black man in the hood trying to change things and stay positive.....

dude basically like meteor man.... shit has mad potential, but i'm already in fear that it won't be trendy enough to get any real burn....

and imo the pilot was great

Good call with the Meteor Man comparison. I first read the original Black Lightning series from the 70s after I had gotten into him through Batman and The Outsiders and seen Meteor Man around '94 or '95 and thinking back there really was a lot that they had in common.

I liked the pilot too. I was afraid the writing would come across all "white guilt" and PC cliche and a couple of times it looked like that's where it was going. Then it bounced back with more authentic writing and didn't really look back. Like you can tell a black man wrote that episode and not Berlanti or his regular goons.

I'm gonna stay positive and hope that the temporary "pro black fever" BP will eventually bring across social media will help get some part time activists who only act "wake" when it's trendy (most of the posers you see overtly hyping BP already) and wannabe "down for the cause" white boy eyes on this show.

Last edited:
To be honest I never heard of this nigga until I saw the trailer and made this thread. Nobody was talking about this not even you.

i think it's funny how everybody hype about black panther, but nobody really talking about black lightning.......

i mean a few folk talking, but it's not as trend worthy..
it's jsut funny how niggaz stay tryign to identify with africa, but yet they pretend black american shit don't exist....

To be honest I never heard of this nigga until I saw the trailer and made this thread. Nobody was talking about this not even you.

I'm just happy that Legends not on Tuesday's anymore
that's one of my main gripes... see i like legends.. like it alot, but from a writing standpoint, and some of the silly shit they do on legends.... black lighting is already a better show one episode in...

but our people are so fucking unforgiving.....we'll butcher shit staring black folk, while shows like supernatural, smallville get 10+ seasons doing way dumber shit than any black show will ever do

The chick playing Thunder is fire.

Is that the older sister. I remember her from the outsiders comics in20o7 she was dykin' with another member. Aren't both of his daughters meta human? Last question does this show take place in the arrowverse or on another earth?

that's one of my main gripes... see i like legends.. like it alot, but from a writing standpoint, and some of the silly shit they do on legends.... black lighting is already a better show one episode in...

but our people are so fucking unforgiving.....we'll butcher shit staring black folk, while shows like supernatural, smallville get 10+ seasons doing way dumber shit than any black show will ever do

Let it cook b. All we can do is spread the good word about how good the show turned out because they didn't water down Jeff and his fam for CW TV and let others see for themselves.

I think word of mouth will be solid. I heard even those bitter battle axes over at lipstickalley liked it and it's RT is at 100% right now.

My thing is I don't know shit about comics. I never knew much about The Flash other than he was fast, the only time I seen Oliver Queen was on Smallville so you won't see me talking about super heroes unless they make a show on them. Even on these shows when I need a explanation my go to guy is @Ironman

People will turn around even more once the IGNs and CBRs and Bleeding Cool start posting articles with receipts about how Jeff was always The Batman's favorite black guy.

I hate that the CW DC multiverse has that fag Curtis instead of the real Mr. Terrific. Michael Holt and BL have a great dynamic in the DC Comics universe and I would've loved to see that in the Arrowverse. The 2 of them schooling the likes of Ollie and Barry left and right together while Diggle looks on proudly whispering "my niggas!" to himself.

My thing is I don't know shit about comics. I never knew much about The Flash other than he was fast, the only time I seen Oliver Queen was on Smallville so you won't see me talking about super heroes unless they make a show on them. Even on these shows when I need a explanation my go to guy is @Ironman

You're good. The show was actually very faithful to his solo series. Only difference is not being set in the 70s and not taking place in Metropolis' Suicide Slum.

I'm checking this out tonight over some Hooters wings and crab legs.

What really gives a show a push is the ability to grab it and make gifs.

Can anyone grab the show from off a torrent?

You're good. The show was actually very faithful to his solo series. Only difference is not being set in the 70s and not taking place in Metropolis' Suicide Slum.
@Germs

c'mon in here bruh...

this nigga on facebook arguing with me that they just threw a bunch of stuff that CW thinks black people would like and said

"here's your hero show, now shut up"

Back