Welcome To aBlackWeb

ABC The Wonder Years (CANCELED After 2 Seasons)

New black version of the Wonder Years

... created by Lee Daniels

VerifiableEnchantedHairstreakbutterfly-size_restricted.gif

i might be the only one who assumes this will be an attempt to show the stark contrast of how whites were living in the 60s compared to the blacks.

For all i know, wonder years might be an oxymoron or some shit like Good Times.

Like when Empire first premiered before it got all weird and shit, i will give this a watch until i have a reason to not watch.

i might be the only one who assumes this will be an attempt to show the stark contrast of how whites were living in the 60s compared to the blacks.

For all i know, wonder years might be an oxymoron or some shit like Good Times.

Like when Empire first premiered before it got all weird and shit, i will give this a watch until i have a reason to not watch.

If the bold is what they're doing, I can dig it. If not, I agree that it should have been a whole new series.

Kevin and Wayne were my dude .....the episode were Kevin takes piano lessons is what really got me into playing the piano not really feeling this just create a new show

horrible idea. but if they greenlight it, this shit had better be ran through and through by black people

Lost my interest when I saw Lee Daniels’ name attached to this.

This one is supposed to be in the 60’s, but this made me think we’re probably not that far off from a 90’s themed show like Wonder Years or Goldbergs or even Everybody Hates Chris. I’ll feel old as hell whenever that happens.

Why does everyone keep trying to say everybody hates Chris already does what this is attempting to do?

I watched a couple of seasons and it was a comedy plain and simple. The wonder years wasn't a comedy

Why does everyone keep trying to say everybody hates Chris already does what this is attempting to do?

I watched a couple of seasons and it was a comedy plain and simple. The wonder years wasn't a comedy

No it wasn’t a comedy, but the basic premise & structure of the show is the same. Come on bruh who really asking for this to be a thing? I can understand doing a show about a black family in the 60’s even tho I’m kinda tired of seeing my black shows reminding me every episode about the struggle... but why use the Wonder Years as a crutch for that shit? That Show is its own thing & it should be kept that way. Don’t piggy back on a brand like that. I wouldn’t call most things that damn near went on in the 60’s for us wonderful at all anyways unless I’m missing something here.

so a show created by a comic isnt a comedy? it wasnt rooted in comedy to try and make light of growing up poor?

hmmm

I dont look at this reboot as anything more than maybe an anthology type show. It can be set in the same universe but like i said already, the shit could have a double meaning on some oxymoron shit. While white people were out going to the lake during the summer, blacks were getting hosed down and bitten by attack dogs.

Did you feel this way about the Watchmen series on HBO?

so a show created by a comic isnt a comedy? it wasnt rooted in comedy to try and make light of growing up poor?

hmmm

I dont look at this reboot as anything more than maybe an anthology type show. It can be set in the same universe but like i said already, the shit could have a double meaning on some oxymoron shit. While white people were out going to the lake during the summer, blacks were getting hosed down and bitten by attack dogs.

Did you feel this way about the Watchmen series on HBO?

I get what they saying tho. Why attach it Wonder Years, and not let it stand on it's own, other than to create a buzz for the show.

It's like that Superfly remake a couple years ago. Nothing about the new one was like the OG. Other than a dude trying to leave a life of crime behind. They could've named that movie anything but chose Superfly simply cause of the name recognition.

Dont think ive ever seen anything made by Lee Daniel and i dont see that changing the idea of the otherside of life with black folks sounds ill though

Back