Welcome To aBlackWeb

View attachment 926025

Then wouldn't it make more sense to make a movie about tribes who actually did that instead of rewritting the history of savage coons?

So they didn’t Colonial soldiers trying to colonize and dominate their country. I mean Britain stopped doing slavery 1830 and spent the next 100 years colonizing Africa and exploiting it but they the hood guys to you? Get the fuck on man. You watched Shaka Zulu ain’t you

So they didn’t Colonial soldiers trying to colonize and dominate their country. I mean Britain stopped doing slavery 1830 and spent the next 100 years colonizing Africa and exploiting it but they the hood guys to you? Get the fuck on man. You watched Shaka Zulu ain’t you

Stop deflecting and go read about how they were still trying to sell slaves long after it was outlawed cuz it was lucrative

Stop deflecting and go read about how they were still trying to sell slaves long after it was outlawed cuz it was lucrative

And I’m not surprised. African rulers made money off of slavery it’s common knowledge l. But I mean if you just started studying black history this year I can see how that can shock you.

Bruh, name a culture that has nothing bad associated with it. They could literally never make a movie celebrating any group of humans if they were only allowed to celebrate perfect people. Stop this shit. Pretty much every African civilization engaged in slavery at some point or another.

We have to think of the trade as a way of getting rid of political opponents and weaker threats to develop their culture and lets not forget that Dahomey got sold to America as well.

And I’m not surprised. African rulers made money off of slavery it’s common knowledge l. But I mean if you just started studying black history this year I can see how that can shock you.

Fun fact I studied AA history years ago in college and currently working towards a grad degree in Africana Studies. So I been knew this, but what you fail to mention are the different reasons they did. These pieces of shit kept at it long after everybody said oh we done with that.

How much you studied tho?

Last edited:
You are right. However, I think the difference here for some is that it feels more personal.

Yeah, I don't take anything that comes out of Hollywood personally whether it has a black face on it or not, so maybe that is the difference.

I guess my issue is that I want to see more African and Black culture highlighted through movies and other media. There are a lot of good stories that can be told that have been largely ignored because Hollywood doesn't believe stories about Black people are profitable. I don't want companies to start shying away trying to tell those stories because they feel like everytime you touch anything Black outside of slave or white savior stories that there will be some huge controversy that makes the effort not worth it.

Stop bitching about history then. Movie is about fighting Colonialism did they fail in that message.

I guess that's subjective. I feel it did because it's a whole lie. This movie is all about rewriting history. It's depicting the Dahomey as freedom fighters and the Oyo as the bad guys when BOTH them mfers were completely down with enslaving other black people and selling them to the Europeans. They were sending diplomatic missions to Brazil as early as the 1700s to strengthen ties and increase their trafficking of black bodies. This idea that the Portguese were unwanted visitors is cap.

This movie is depicting this story as some uplifting African tale about women when it's not even close to being that. The idea that they finally beat the bad white man and are now going to sell palm tree oil is counterfactual as hell. Ghezo didn't grow a heart, they continued until the market dried up. The last mfer who they sent over the America was alive at the same time as Martin Luther King. The port they controlled was the second largest slave trading hub in Africa at the time, only behind the one in Angola.

The idea of selling a lie to people because it feels a bit better than the truth will never sit right with me. If that's cool with you, do you. Most of us don't know a thing about our histories and this being their first intro to that bothers me because it's a retelling of black history by white people and it's a whole lie.

Last edited:
I don't, I guess that's subjective. I feel it did because it's a whole lie. This movie is all about rewriting history. It's depicting the Dahomey as freedom fighters and the Oyo as the bad guys when BOTH them mfers were completely down with enslaving other black people and selling them to the Europeans. They were sending diplomatic missions to Brazil as early as the 1700s to strengthen ties and increase their trafficking of black bodies. This idea that the Portguese were unwanted visitors is cap.

This movie is depicting this story as some uplifting African tale about women when it's not even close to being that. The idea that they finally beat the bad white man and are now going to sell palm tree oil is counterfactual as hell. Ghezo didn't grow a heart, they continued until the market dried up. The last mfer who they sent over the America was alive at the same time as Martin Luther King. The port they controlled was the second largest slave trading hub in Africa at the time, only behind the one in Angola.

The idea of selling a lie to people because it feels a bit better than the truth will never sit right with me. If that's cool with you, do you. Most of us don't know a thing about our histories and this being their first intro to that bothers me because it's a retelling of black history by white people.

So you expect every movie that is based on a true story to be 100% factual? Hollywood always embellishes to what they think would be a better story regardless of the truth or not. Yall aint new to this so the feigning surprise falls a bit flat imo

This movie is pure propaganda and we all know why it's happening.

The funny truth is, the British fought to stop the slave trade in West Africa and West Africa fought to keep it. Part of British colonialism in West Africa was because they wouldn't stop selling slaves.

But now since there's a large number of West Africans in America, they tryna spin it like they were strictly freedom fighters and fighting to maintain Africa's independence, not the lucrative slave trade that they controlled and profited from and were greatly proud of.

You gonna see whole bunch of movies about West Africa during the 1800s period, talking about fighting the big bad White man and whitewashing their role in the slave trade and how they fought to maintain it now that their descendants are in America.

It's gonna be the equivalent of White Americans saying the Civil War was about states' rights.

Stay woke. Everybody trying to wash their hands of one of the greatest evils in human history.

Them motherfuckers don't deserve to glorified in the fucking media. They deserve to be shown as the vicious slave traders that they were.

The equivalent of this movie would be like a movie about how the Nazis were trying to fight American and British influence after WW1 and showing Hitler as some type of hero. Jews wouldn't allow this shit and Black Americans shouldn't allow this movie to sell either.

This movie is gross.

Last edited:
So you expect every movie that is based on a true story to be 100% factual? Hollywood always embellishes to what they think would be a better story regardless of the truth or not. Yall aint new to this so the feigning surprise falls a bit flat imo
I don't, in most cases it's innocuous. But sometimes, when things aren't on the level, I think it's cool to point it out. The narrative this movie pushes is what falls flat when presented with the reality of the situation.

Last edited:
facepalm-really.gif

I guess that's subjective. I feel it did because it's a whole lie. This movie is all about rewriting history. It's depicting the Dahomey as freedom fighters and the Oyo as the bad guys when BOTH them mfers were completely down with enslaving other black people and selling them to the Europeans. They were sending diplomatic missions to Brazil as early as the 1700s to strengthen ties and increase their trafficking of black bodies. This idea that the Portguese were unwanted visitors is cap.

The idea of selling a lie to people because it feels a bit better than the truth will never sit right with me. If that's cool with you, do you. Most of us don't know a thing about our histories and this being their first intro to that bothers me because it's a retelling of black history by white people and it's a whole lie.

Related video:

Back