OUT NOW The Weeknd - dawn FM

Outside of Gasoline, it’s been pretty decent & what I’ve come to expect from him. I was never into his music when he was on that dark druggy shit so I’m good with this

Outside of Gasoline, it’s been pretty decent & what I’ve come to expect from him. I was never into his music when he was on that dark druggy shit so I’m good with this
That druggy Weekend shit gets old too. Idk why folks stuck on that era. Weekend evolved to one of the biggest pop ststs of the past 10 years so naturally folks will fall off the train and in exchange a new fan base. His last album was mid tho.

Last edited:
Reactions: RozayTabernacle
Listened to the first real song then dipped…him and Tory Lanez need to get yanked back outta that time machine

• Haha
Reactions: silverfoxx
Gasoline is one of my favourites from the album. To each their own though *shrugs*

How do I make you love me?
Take my breath
Is there someone else?
Starry eyes

These joints right here are fire IMO.

But as a big Weeknd fan, I am tired of this disco era LOL. I mean, he does it so well but I do miss the eerie, spaced out, dark ambience with that nonchalant, thugged out, disrespectful version of him. But as someone said, he's so global and a super pop star, so it doesn't even make sense to go back to that. Not now at least, someday maybe.

This album is like if Weeknd took all his good qualities and put it all on this. The evil Weeknd must be trapped in his basement

This was sugar, spice and everything nice Weeknd. It's cool I get it, he's a superstat but it's not for me. I can see myself keeping like 5 or 6 songs

Reactions: A-one
This Weeknd still got the same fucked up lyrics, it's just coated in sugar candy and everything nice.

Take My Breath Away and Moth to a Flame are pretty fucked up songs if you listen to the lyrics.

I ain't really digging all these retro releases though, let the 80s and 70s die for goodness sake.

Last edited:
Reactions: kbeverly
I recently been on 70s/80s funk binge so Dawn fm was well received by me. Used to be heavy on synthwave back in 2014/15. I like projects where the songs flow directly into the next, I can just hop on the bike press play and ride till it’s over. I don’t really expect someone who’s no in a dark place to keep marking dark music. Out of time is the song i like the most, I’d jam that in a lowrider cruising the strip if I had one

yeah this is the first weeknd project i’m not feeling

hell of a run and i’m sure he’ll rebound but this isn’t for me

i fuck with best friends tho

The album is better then most the last album.

Horrible songs like best friends is some highschool level bullshit weighs it down.

• Cap
Reactions: Victory_Kid
I swear the Weeknd loss like half of his fans and gained quadruple that when he went pop.
Lol idk about that, his last album did 440,000 1st week and he's looking at 170,000 this go-round. Maybe the lack of promotion or lack of a huge single did it to him this time