Welcome To aBlackWeb

The United States Capitol is under siege by Trump Supporters

@LurkerSix Now in this article it says his racism was the beginning of why they fell out.

"In a profanity-laced Q&A with New York Press in 2002, McInnes said he was glad that hipsters in Williamsburg, the Brooklyn neighborhood where Vice is headquartered, were White. After a letter writing campaign by a Black reader, Vice apologized for McInnes' comment, The New York Times later reported. He was also quoted by the Times saying, "I love being white and I think it's something to be very proud of. I don't want our culture diluted. We need to close the borders now and let everyone assimilate to a Western, white, English-speaking way of life.'' An unnamed ex-staffer told The New Yorker "[t]hat was the beginning of the end" of McInnes' time with Vice."

Here's the thing with articles like this, with people like this, its so easy to take a sound bike or get a quote to make him look crazier than he is. I'm not saying he isnt a dick head, ijs i've seen shit where hes being sarcastic and kinda joking (like we sometimes do on here) and they take it literal and write a pearl clutching article with cherry picked quotes. He legit likes trolling on some things cuz he thought it was funny but he fucked up by running that joke too long with people who would take his nonsense literal. Especially when he was encouraging people to not be afraid to fight those Antifa people in those protests. He really misread the climate one that one, so he did this to himself.

But back to why they allegedly feel out. I've listened to a lot of podcasts with comedians over the years and a few of them lived in NYC and worked with VICE. Sometimes they touched on that subject. The way the frame it is it was all good in the beginning and started going down hill when they gave equity to and took start up money from big companies. Then they became like corporate employees. The other 2 guys didnt give a shit as long as they made a ton of money.

IMO it seemed like a case of 2 guys being fine being employees of their company, as long as they make a bunch of money. And 1 guy who didnt wanna start his own company just to be told what he can do in it. The other 2 guys bought him out, for what i bet was a lot of money.

why you always gotta kill my dreams?

like you and @DMorgan always raining on my parade.

you the type dude that tell the homeless to not take handouts from me.

tenor.gif

Back