Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Term “Females” Does That Bother You?

Never used the word Female in a sentence...I prefer to refer to them as "sexual object" or "dish washer"
Man get yo wack white ass outta here. I get mfs like to be funny but why the fuck can’t people have a decent conversation without stupid mfs like you coming in here tryna be fuckin funny. Past few damn days it’s been the focus that women are hesitant to post here and you tryna keep the bullshit up. Give that shit a break.

Man get yo wack white ass outta here. I get mfs like to be funny but why the fuck can’t people have a decent conversation without stupid mfs like you coming in here tryna be fuckin funny. Past few damn days it’s been the focus that women are hesitant to post here and you tryna keep the bullshit up. Give that shit a break.

Maybe you should take a break from the internet...the thread is asking if the word female is offensive so the thread is already one big joke...if you take it serious you lost...now put me on ignore sugar tits because I will never change.

Maybe you should take a break from the internet...the thread is asking if the word female is offensive so the thread is already one big joke...if you take it serious you lost...now put me on ignore sugar tits because I will never change.
You don’t have to change but you and your stupid ass jokes won’t continue in this thread. Sugar balls.

The dichotomy, at least among black people is

Women = females
Men = niggas

I respect the wishes of anyone who doesn't want to be called either of those, but there are many people who don't attach negative stigma to them as well.

I been saying female a lot recently. Didnt know there was a part of the population that found it offensive. Gotta keep that in mind now.

Im catch flack for this I know lol but when women broke it down i understood easy. Female literally means any female animal while woman is for humans. Black women know we use that shit not to say bitch. Most times the context is bad to alot of women. Folks gonna say its pc tho.

This is probably how I should have put it. It's very science-y, but usually refers to nonhumans or experiments.

Kind of like how gay is preferred over homosexual, right? Or am I way off ?

As an author of a new book on women, Broad Influence: How Women Are Changing the Way America Works, I’ve often used the term female to describe women in the workforce: female lawmakers, female voters, female police officers, etc. I did this because to say “women [insert X noun]” would be grammatically incorrect: women or woman are nouns, while female is an adjective that modifies a noun.

So, I was surprised postpublication to see some feminists take exception to my usage of the word female. Turns out, particularly in African-American circles, the word female has become a pejorative: links to a female dog, and thus shorthand for bitch.

For as long as I can remember, I've been immediately skeptical of men who use the word "female" to describe women. Before I was able to put my finger on what exactly bothered me about their use of the word, I simply relied on historical record: The men I liked and respected weren't running around talking about females this, females that.

For many who use the word, I'm sure it seems innocuous. If you listen closely to the howling winds of patriarchy, you can make out their cries: Why are women making such a big deal about one word? Aren't there more important issues, like rape? I don't mean anything negative by it. It's just a different way of saying "women."

One issue with using the word women is that it no longer refers to someone with boobs, a vagina, ovaries, etc. Now that the gender theories have penetrated public understandings of sexuality, we have women who are men and men who are women. The only way to actually refer to that previous concept of a woman is to use the scientific term. If we can't use that then wtf are we supposed to use? Denying people the use of that word, under a guise of false political correctness or conscientiousness, is a way to subtly force people to accept those conceptions of gender. I have personal gripes that I won't air out here now, but if we can't use the old terminology then we at least need new terms.

Back