Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Term “Females” Does That Bother You?

5th Letter

Mod Squad
This question is for the women obviously but I’ve seen where women feel as if the term “females” is offensive. How do y’all feel about it?

Doesn't bother me. It's just a description. It's a whole lot better than some of the other words that seems to be the norm for black women.

*scratches head*

How is that offensive?

There is a vein of "feminist" minded thinkers who think it scientifically sterilizes woman as a concept - distancing and dehumanizing women by positioning them as some kind of specimen other.

Or something like that. It relates back to a time when female hysteria was believed to be a legitimate condition

There is a vein of "feminist" minded thinkers who think it scientifically sterilizes woman as a concept - distancing and dehumanizing women by positioning them as some kind of specimen other.

Or something like that. It relates back to a time when female hysteria was believed to be a legitimate condition

...I hate the human species. Smh.

I wouldn't say it's offensive. I will say that 8/10x, unless it's in a scientific context, the person saying it has something wrong with them.

Woman and Lady are titles that are earned.

Just cause you above the age of 18 dont mean you get to be called by a title.

Kinda like mr. Mrs. Ms. Miss. Sir and ma'am.

Im catch flack for this I know lol but when women broke it down i understood easy. Female literally means any female animal while woman is for humans. Black women know we use that shit not to say bitch. Most times the context is bad to alot of women. Folks gonna say its pc tho.

Woman and Lady are titles that are earned.

Just cause you above the age of 18 dont mean you get to be called by a title.

Kinda like mr. Mrs. Ms. Miss. Sir and ma'am.

Lol what. Bruh if yiu dont know somebody yourse supposed to automatically respect them.enough to.at least say mr. or ms. So and so

I bet when they fill out a form and it says check M or F, they curse the paper out.

Back