Welcome To aBlackWeb

DEBATE The Steak Debate Pt. II: To Marinade Or Not Marinade...THAT is the question

IP360

Doctorate & Ph.D in Bootyology
I was gonna do a poll, but considering how intense the 1st steak discussion got, it would be pointless.

So how you prefer your steak prepped?

Marinaded...
dfed67eba522e421c20100e493ea9f92.jpg

OR

Seasoned only...
steaks2.jpg

I like to taste the meat (nh if required) so seasonin' only. I like a sutten on the side tho

Last edited:
Me personally...NO marinade. Never liked it. I rather have my steak seasoned, then slapped on the grill. Fucc all that drowning in marinade...let it sit for 30mins...then puttin it on the grill.

Just seasoning taste better imo

Depends on the cut of steak.

Stuff like filet mignon, porter house, and strip are usually best cooked by grilling so salt, pepper and maybe granulated garlic is the best to use.

Stuff like Skirt and Flank steak is good marinated because it's a little tougher so good citrusy marinades help break down some of the toughness. There are alot of great roasted Flank steak recipes

If I throw my meat on the grill, i marinade. I got my own homemade sauce. Melt in your mouth tender. Everybody like how my marinade taste, it just sits in your tongue.

I can cook it with just seasoning as well. Throw it in the oven low heat covered, let it cook in it's own juices about 90 minutes. You salivating just from the smell if it. Soon as I take the cover off and you see it, you feeling things deep inside. You can't wait to get your mouth around, my meat.

Steak seasoning and thats it if its on the grill

I never marinate steak. I will only use that on chicken breasts every now and again

Depends....

I like Delmonico steaks ....
Tenderize and marinate.
Cook to medium.

Ribeye > strip steak > filet mignon > top sirloin > tip steak > bottom round > eye of round > skirt > chuck steak

T bone don't count cause it's just a filet mignon and strip steak with a big ass unnecessary ass bone in between.

Ribeye > strip steak > filet mignon > top sirloin > tip steak > bottom round > eye of round > skirt > chuck steak

T bone don't count cause it's just a filet mignon and strip steak with a big ass unnecessary ass bone in between.
You mean a porterhouse which has the strip and filet on it. Tbone is just a strip

Back