Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Sports Media (Sports Radio, Podcasts, Shows, Networks, Etc.) Thread

http://awfulannouncing.com/streaming/dazn-makes-its-u-s-debut.html

DAZN makes its U.S. debut

DAZN, pronounced, “Da Zone,” officially launched in the USA September 10. (Don’t think I didn’t have to google that). Already having made its dent in the streaming sports world across the globe, DAZN officially made its debut in the United States. Think Netflix for sports, as it’s been described for the rest of the world, you can get access to thousands of live sports events for $20 per month.

Another streaming service? I know. There’s basically an over-the-top option for every possible genre, sport, you name it. But, this is what we asked for. What we want when we want it. We may have to have monthly subscriptions to eight different services, but what a great problem to have, right?

So what is DAZN? Besides being a global sports streaming entity (NFL rights in Canada, for example) they’ve landed in the U.S. with MMA and Boxing. Partnering with Matchroom Boxing USA, Bellator MMA, and the World Boxing Series, they’ve launched with 70+ fights with no tiering. Basically, there’s no pay-per-view, no high-tier package, etc. For $9.99 a month, the avid fight fan has full access to the entire card. No long-term contracts, no bundling. The monthly subscription also includes original shows, behind the scenes features, and real-time up-to-fight stories regarding the matchups.

What can you watch on DAZN?
The fight programming is the most attractive, but you gain access to the AFC Champions League, Chilean Primera Division, J1 League, Cricket, and Cycling (at least here in the United States). Only about two years old, DAZN has relationships with the likes of the NFL, MLB, NHL, etc in parts of Europe, Asia, and Canada, so expect an expansion and additional programming in the future. Some highlights for the U.S. version:

• The main events, themselves. DAZN is debuting this month with the following fight nights:
  • Sept. 22 – Anthony Joshua vs. Alexander Povetkin
  • Sept. 29 – Bellator: Gegard Mousasi vs. Rory MacDonald
  • Oct. 6 – Card featuring Jessie Vargas, Demetrius Andrade
  • Oct. 12 – Bellator: Matt Mitrione vs. Ryan Bader
  • Weigh-ins, press conferences, public workouts, and undercards
  • AK & Barak: commonly heard on SiriusXM, the duo goes behind the scenes with talent in and outside of the ring including current and former boxers and those who cover them
Where can you watch DAZN?
On most connected and streaming devices including the web, smartphones, tablets, etc.

Why sign up for DAZN?
Like most streaming services, a free trial is custom and worth it always, in my opinion. I’ll try anything once! For 30 days, you can determine if it’s worth keeping, which is a similar timeline to a trial period of relationships (except this is no charge, of course). While it’s mostly geared toward a niche type of sports enthusiast, even if you’re interested in only one main event or two, it pays for itself.

Another reason? John Skipper is the Perform Group Executive Chairman who owns DAZN. Sound familiar? The former ESPN President for six years now heads operations and strategy. With what he was able to build at ESPN, DAZN isn’t something to balk at.

http://awfulannouncing.com/nfl/the-chargers-are-feeling-left-out-in-los-angeles.html

The Chargers are feeling left out in Los Angeles

People just don’t seem to care about the LA Chargers.

The Chargers have moved from San Diego to LA in 2017 and until the new LA stadium is completed, the team is taking temporary residence at StubHub Center in Carson. StubHub Center is a 27,000 seat stadium built more for soccer than American football

Given it’s not a 60,000 seat football stadium, you would think there would be 27,000 Chargers fans in the city but whether it’s the location, the cost, the mediocrity or a combination, you’re more likely to see fans of the other team showing up to games. Just like Chiefs fans showing up in droves in Week 1. If not for away fans taking in the game, the Galaxy might outdraw the Chargers.

And if you think this is just an attendance problem, you would be mistaken. Pro Football Talk reports that viewership have been drastically down over the years. This past Sunday, the Chiefs-Chargers game (5.5) had a lower rating than the Cowboys-Panthers game (7.6) shown at the same time in LA.

In San Diego, where fans don’t have a team anymore, ratings for Chargers games have taken the kind of dive that would make for a great roller coaster ride. PFT said that in 2010, ratings in San Diego for the Chargers sat at an average of 31.6. In 2016, their final season in San Diego, ratings dropped but held strong at 24.4 considering local fans knew they would be losing their team. Now that they’re in LA, ratings have gone down to 14.2 in 2017 and 11.7 in Week 1, retaining just below half the audience compared to two years ago.

It’s almost like the Chargers shouldn’t have left San Diego but it’s a little too late for that. Now that they’re in LA, the Chargers enter a struggle to remain relevant in a city that not only has the Rams but has USC football as well as the Lakers and Dodgers that LA residents seem to care more about. This isn’t a good situation for the Chargers.

I don't know how to post news articles but I came across this video about Serena and how they tried to play her with this drawing. I liked this video because the guy shares some of my same sentiments.

He talks about Serena at the 10 minute mark but before that he talks about defending black women and getting shitted on by black women for doing so and being against interracial relationships.

Go head lol

No chatty patty but I remember her putting on her instagram around late 2015 that she was engaged. It was at a Halloween party that this gentleman proposed to Joy

They got married around February of 2016

Joy started working in Los Angeles for undisputed as we all know. She would come down to south Florida from time to time on weekends.

I noticed that around the end of 2016 as I would watch undisputed that she no longer was wearing her wedding ring. So some type of infidelity was going on. I think they both were cheating but what do I know? Her ex has no pics of him with another woman in a compromising situation but Joy has now splattered her page with earl watson all over it. Just my 2 cents!

Back