• Kenny Albert, Rondé Barber and various reporters
  • Thom Brennaman, Chris Spielman and Shannon Spake or Peter Schrager
  • Chris Myers, Daryl Johnston and Laura Okmin
  • Dick Stockton, Mark Schlereth and Jennifer Hale

Reposted from the chill spot

I got a twitter timeout for calling whitlock a pet negro
View attachment 69166

my defense

Twitter ban..For using the word negro. First negro is not a slur. Its a dated term. However, within in the Africa American community. Its a term we use in a number of fashions..I used it in concert with the word pet the connotation is that. The subject of my ire is actively working against the greater good for monetary gain or a certain level of acceptance from people that wish my people harm. It was an angry reply. However the harshest word was pet here. I think we have a misunderstanding as well as a fundamental disconnect with the word. How people may perceive it and its use outside of the African American community. I don't feel that i have done anything wrong. But if the tweet must be deleted i have no problem with it.

:sup:

giphy.gif

http://awfulannouncing.com/mlb/tigers-rod-allen-allegedly-assaulted-mario-impemba-choking-him.html

Tigers analyst Rod Allen allegedly assaulted play-by-play broadcaster Mario Impemba from behind, choking him

Further details about the Tigers' announcers' fight don't look good for Allen.

Further details have come out about the apparent “physical confrontation” involving Detroit Tigers’ Fox Sports Detroit play-by-play broadcaster Mario Impemba (seen at left above) and analyst Rod Allen (seen at right above) Tuesday after they called the Tigers game against the Chicago White Sox, and it’s not pretty. As per a piece Jason Colthorp and Derick Hutchinson penned for Detroit NBC affiliate WDIV’s ClickOnDetroit.com website Thursday evening, Allen choked Impemba from behind:

Sources told Local 4 that Allen attacked Impemba following Tuesday night’s broadcast on Fox Sports Detroit.

On Wednesday, Matt Shepherd and Kirk Gibson called the Tigers game.

Sources told Local 4 that Impemba left the broadcast booth at some point and Allen followed, assaulting Impemba from behind and choking him.

The altercation was because of a disagreement over a chair in the booth, sources told Local 4.

Impemba and Allen have been broadcast partners for 16 years, and it’s amazing to think that “a disagreement over a chair in the booth” could damage that, but as noted in our earlier piece on this, their ratings in our yearly announcer surveys have dropped significantly in recent years. Perhaps there’s been some growing tension that eventually led to this. But we really need more reporting on just what this “disagreement over a chair” comprised. In any case, “assaulting Impemba from behind and choking him” is a troubling sentence, and one that makes it seem like it will be difficult to put these two back together. And an earlier report from Katie Strang of The Athletic had them sent home from Chicago separately.

We’ll see where it goes from here, though. The Tigers are next in action with a weekend homestand against the St. Louis Cardinals, which begins Friday. Will Impemba, Allen or both be in the booth? We’ll have to wait and see.

Mario-Impemba-Rod-Allen-832x447.jpg

choking-caddie.gif

http://awfulannouncing.com/nfl/espn...mayfield-bet-eats-horse-poop-live-on-air.html

ESPN 850 Cleveland radio host Aaron Goldhammer fulfills Baker Mayfield bet, eats horse poop

Back in April, ESPN 850 Cleveland radio host Aaron Goldhammer promised to eat horse poop if the Browns took Baker Mayfield first overall. Well, they did that, and Goldhammer vowed shortly afterwards that he would make good on his bet. Fast forward five months, and Goldhammer appears to have done that, chowing down on what Cleveland Scene described as “a bowl of horse manure and ketchup in a legitimately shitty attempt at a meatloaf” (and then quickly retching it up) on Friday

Amazingly, this is the second long-delayed bet fulfillment around the Browns this offseason. The first was head coach Hue Jackson finally living up to his promiseto jump in Lake Erie if the team went 0-16. And hey, he did that in June, six months after their season ended, so Goldhammer’s actions here are relatively quick by comparison. Goldhammer tweeted about the experience afterwards:

[/SPOILER]

Yep, you too can subscribe to ESPN 850 Cleveland’s TheLandOnDemand archives for more shitty content. Only $8.50 a month or $85 a year after a seven-day free trial, a relative bargain next to Mike’s On’s monthly price of $8.99. And hey, they may still have the classic clip of ex-contributor Sabrina Parr saying Jabrill Peppers was “on the lean and the molly.” Now there’s something shittier than anything Goldhammer managed Friday. But maybe he’ll be a little more careful with his bold bets going forward.

F585FC19-509E-4D0D-9016-9D2BD9E0A49E.gif

Scust.. Only in Cleveland...

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...len-suspended-rest-season-alleged-altercation

Fox Sports suspends Mario Impemba, Rod Allen for rest of season

DETROIT -- Tigers television announcers Mario Impemba and Rod Allen have been suspended for the rest of the season after allegedly getting into a physical altercation earlier this week.

Fox Sports Detroit announced the decision Friday. The popular longtime pair reportedly tangled in the broadcast booth Tuesday before a game in Chicago against the White Sox.

"After speaking with all involved parties, Fox Sports Detroit has decided not to schedule Rod Allen and Mario Impemba for any future Tigers telecasts this season," network spokeswoman Courtney Welch said in a statement. "Since this is an internal matter, we will have no further comment."

Impemba and Allen are in their 17th season as the team's main television team. Allen has split color-commentating duties with Kirk Gibson and Craig Monroe in the past two seasons.

Matt Shepard and Gibson traveled to Chicago to announce Wednesday's game. The Tigers were off Thursday, and Shepard and Gibson were back in the booth as the Tigers hosted the St. Louis Cardinals on Friday.

Allen defended himself on Twitter on Thursday.

"I've always conducted myself as an honorable professional, and I always will," he said. "Because this is a personnel matter. I can't comment right now."

A message for Impemba was not immediately returned.

Back