Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Rising of The Shield Hero

Honestly my kid put me lol. I am new and i had misconceptions about anime. I think of DragonBall Z for some reason as a kid I never gave it or any other early anime type cartoons a chance.

I feel like it's more accessible. Now there are some that he into and I am sure are really good but there is no English voice over for it. It's really hard for me to get into it without the language conversion. Funny in this one two characters names change to trash and bitch lol I was wondering if that was a mistranslation lol

lol My wife won't watch it at all. She's like you with the subs. She doesn't like reading while watching something. She can't watch the dubs because for some reason, the mismatch between the characters' mouths and the words coming out really bothers her. It's weird as shit.

Well shonen/battle shonen are the most popular and accessible genre of anime (and largest?) and because of that the more casual watchers will gravitate to those the most

I’m not saying it’s an issue with it or anything the thought just popped in my head

I have came across ppl who think that anime is only like that though

Yeah I got you. I like Shonen like everybody else, but my favorite anime of all time are Cowboy Bebop and Ghost in the Shell. So, yeah, it's good to get people to look past shonen.

Back