Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Rising of The Shield Hero

Royal

I am on season 2, anybody watched this? It's definitely got me into it. Went through the 1st season relatively quick. I think it's on Hulu. But I watch it through Funimation

Screenshot_20230113_133929_Google.jpg

Yeah the 2nd season was a pretty big disappointment from the first season but it’s an alright show
Damn I figured it went down hill lol. The mystery of the waves and these other world hero's trying to kill the shield hero got me hooked lol.

Damn I figured it went down hill lol. The mystery of the waves and these other world hero's trying to kill the shield hero got me hooked lol.
It’s just not paced well honestly lol

The final 5 Eps or so of the 2nd season were cool but they spent too much time on the turtle stuff

Haven’t watched the second season but I liked it I kinda been off anime tho with only select shit every one and awhile

Haven’t watched the second season but I liked it I kinda been off anime tho with only select shit every one and awhile
Yeah I have my phases where I be binge watching like mug. I am late to this genre, so I was heavy watching Demon Slayer, Hunter X Hunter... I got into One piece but fell off ( so many dang episodes and it gets a little chaotic to me lol)

But after all I took a break and started up with this lol

Yea season 2 wack but like other said it was the same way in the manga. But it had been renewed for a third season so it has a chance to get back on track.

It's a cool anime. I liked the first season a lot more than the second season. I think I started watching this around the same time I found Goblin Slayer. Goblin Slayer is way better IMO.

On a side note, I don't know why, but seeing all these black women hop on things that were once considered nerd shit is amusing to me. I don't know why. It just is. It's good though.

It's a cool anime. I liked the first season a lot more than the second season. I think I started watching this around the same time I found Goblin Slayer. Goblin Slayer is way better IMO.

On a side note, I don't know why, but seeing all these black women hop on things that were once considered nerd shit is amusing to me. I don't know why. It just is. It's good though.
Anime period because I remember at one point people thought anime was cartoons and just for kids.

Anime period because I remember at one point people thought anime was cartoons and just for kids.

I remember when anime first started popping up in the U.S., it was the opposite. No one thought it was for kids because it was all super violent shit like Ninja Scroll or Vampire Hunter D or stuff with a lot of sexual content. So a lot of people just took it as weirdo shit. Perceptions changed some when DBZ got big and especially when Toonami and Adult Swim came along. I don't think it was really seen as kiddy until shows like Pokemon and Yugioh came along.

I always thought shonen was a word that referred to anime that focused on fighting or something like that. I didn't realize that it meant the anime was targeted towards young teen boys. What does that say about any of us that we all mostly like Shonen? lol

I remember when anime first started popping up in the U.S., it was the opposite. No one thought it was for kids because it was all super violent shit like Ninja Scroll or Vampire Hunter D or stuff with a lot of sexual content. So a lot of people just took it as weirdo shit. Perceptions changed some when DBZ got big and especially when Toonami and Adult Swim came along. I don't think it was really seen as kiddy until shows like Pokemon and Yugioh came along.
Yea for those you actually watch it but the average person will look at it and automatic assume it a cartoon without even watching it.

Honestly my kid put me lol. I am new and i had misconceptions about anime. I think of DragonBall Z for some reason as a kid I never gave it or any other early anime type cartoons a chance.

I feel like it's more accessible. Now there are some that he into and I am sure are really good but there is no English voice over for it. It's really hard for me to get into it without the language conversion. Funny in this one two characters names change to trash and bitch lol I was wondering if that was a mistranslation lol

Facts, but I do find it odd how in this one there is a certain affinity to little girls and how cute they are. The main character makes a point to be annoyed or confused by it..but I am still understanding anime and trying not to compare to American genres of animation and just write it off because I don't understand something culturally. But I didn't understand that point in the story...they make it known. I mean rape was being thrown out in the very beginning of this show.

Facts, but I do find it odd how in this one there is a certain affinity to little girls and how cute they are. The main character makes a point to be annoyed or confused by it..but I am still understanding anime and trying not to compare to American genres of animation and just write it off because I don't understand something culturally. But I didn't understand that point in the story...they make it known. I mean rape was being thrown out in the very beginning of this show.
If you looking for a mature and engrossing anime try out this one called monster.

Monster_new.jpg

Screenshot_20230113-171233_Chrome.jpg

I always thought shonen was a word that referred to anime that focused on fighting or something like that. I didn't realize that it meant the anime was targeted towards young teen boys. What does that say about any of us that we all mostly like Shonen? lol
Well shonen/battle shonen are the most popular and accessible genre of anime (and largest?) and because of that the more casual watchers will gravitate to those the most

I’m not saying it’s an issue with it or anything the thought just popped in my head

I have came across ppl who think that anime is only like that though

Back