Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY The OJ Simpson Lounge

The black joints...

giphy-downsized-large.gif

@Sony Montana
People got mad when I said 95% of new balance shoes are ugly.

Me: new balance couldnt make their shoes any uglier.

New balance: bet

California got 840 miles of direct access to the ocean. All them idiots gotta do is desalinate the water and clean it and all their water problems are over with and they can stop fucking up the Colorado so every other state can have proper access to it.

California got 840 miles of direct access to the ocean. All them idiots gotta do is desalinate the water and clean it and all their water problems are over with and they can stop fucking up the Colorado so every other state can have proper access to it.
In defense of those farmers.......who says they're all near the coast and that would cost a lot. Build a plant, truck water in, those costs would be through the roof.

They stated a pilot program a few years ago that a few farmers joined, to stop planting crops and flood fields during really wet seasons to let it seep back into the ground and fill the basin. During heavy rains n floods they'd pump water out the river. But this is America, almost everyone is mostly selfish & they dont care until it bites them in the ass.

I've thought the same thing, but apparently desalinating huge quantities of water and pumping the product to where it needs to go isn't as easy or cost efficient as one might think. I think they are trying to do it though.

There's other things at play like cost and... the ecosystem. Until we learn how to make water from scratch or mine it from another source there's not much we can do.

In defense of those farmers.......who says they're all near the coast and that would cost a lot. Build a plant, truck water in, those costs would be through the roof.

They stated a pilot program a few years ago that a few farmers joined, to stop planting crops and flood fields during really wet seasons to let it seep back into the ground and fill the basin. During heavy rains n floods they'd pump water out the river. But this is America, almost everyone is mostly selfish & they dont care until it bites them in the ass.

Cost a lot in the short term for greater access to water in the long term sounds like a tradeoff many would be willing to live with.

There's other things at play like cost and... the ecosystem. Until we learn how to make water from scratch or mine it from another source there's not much we can do.

The ocean is "another source".

And we do know how to make water "from scratch" it just takes huge quantities of oxygen and hydrogen.

Back