Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY The Kendrick Lamar Lounge

What's the culture?

Serious question

I don't think there is "the culture"

Lol, we are simply American at this point.

This idea there is a hard separation in Black and White culture needs to end.

Or there is this great urban/suburban divide.

I think the cultural differences between all Americans is imagined to be greater than what it is.

I think the cultural differences between all Americans is imagined to be greater than what it is.
Let's entertain black people didn't create country music as you stated in your previous response.

Why can't black people venture out and try a different genre to expose other black people to it? Why is Beyonce making a country album considered to be a bad thing when other black country artists who have been making this kind of music have seen an immediate bump in spins/sales directly as a result of her getting into the genre?

What I learned in my 36 years of living is culture is mainly beyond race and more of locations

I had 100 things more in common culturally with Mrs. Mary and her white kids that stayed in the 7th Ward down the street from me than I did with my cousins that was born and raised in Long Beach

Jus like Paul Wall got more in common with somebody like Hustle than he does with Beta.

All blacks folks don’t share the same culture at all.

It’s something I learned living in multiple states and befriending folks from all over.

I kinda agree with this.

What I learned in my 36 years of living is culture is mainly beyond race and more of locations

I had 100 things more in common culturally with Mrs. Mary and her white kids that stayed in the 7th Ward down the street from me than I did with my cousins that was born and raised in Long Beach

Jus like Paul Wall got more in common with somebody like Hustle than he does with Beta.

All blacks folks don’t share the same culture at all.

It’s something I learned living in multiple states and befriending folks from all over.

Exactly.

Lol, you can take the example of Silver Age Hip Hop and see the regional differences in culture and values.

But now, it's just "The culture" lol, which means we are just Americans now.

All "The culture" conversations and racial cultural differences look silly when White people and Black people watch the same fucking shit, listen to the same music, and etc.

Black folks and White folks might desire a cultural difference out of a sense of racial narcissism but the main difference in Black folks and White folks is just money lol.

Crazy how I Am Athlete went from doing numbers to not top 5 at all.
The pivot is my favorite one.

The 3 host bring in such a great, different and well meshed combo.

I know Club Shay Shay is the hot one out right now but I prefer The Pivot

Back