Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY The Dorothy Jean Tillman Lounge

Was talking with my boy. Dont know how this convo topic came about but he said he couldnt date a girl that had the same name as his grandma. He was close to his grandmother. I never given that a thought. Im close with my moms. Dont think I can date a girl with her name.

If the woman is an exceptional person, I could give ot a try though

Beyonce gonna have Black America pretend they like fucking country music lol.

Knowing got dam well nobody wanna hear that shit.
So she should only stick to RnB?

Your response will dictate my next question

Was talking with my boy. Dont know how this convo topic came about but he said he couldnt date a girl that had the same name as his grandma. He was close to his grandmother. I never given that a thought. Im close with my moms. Dont think I can date a girl with her name.

🫤

This is due to men thinking too damn hard about what is "respectable" and what is not.

Lol I knew plenty of men like that back in the day.

Wouldn't date nobody with a biblical name. Wouldn't date nobody with they sister name. Their play cousin name. Their momma name. Their big momma name.

Nigga, we didn't have Denishas, Caresha and Shawanas, and shit back then, probably made up names just so motherfuckers would fuck.

First White girlfriend had my momma's name. I fucked that bitch raw every other Sunday. I was 19.

Lol niggas thought I was weird, lol, I was like y'all niggas weird not fucking half the women in our neighborhood over a fucking name.

My grandmother on my dads side, her name was Ida and on my moms side, her name was Novlet. Dont think they make those anymore lol

So she should only stick to RnB?

Your response will dictate my next question

She can sing whatever she wants, I just want Black Americans to stop pretending that they like Rock, Country, Jazz and Blues because we are originators of it. As if we got some spiritual ancestral claim to music genres that we haven't listened to since the Great Migration.

Hip Hop has dominated Black American Youth since the 90s because it's a better art form. It's more immediate, primal, and expressive and it utilizes technology to the fullest.

Only reason why young Black artists started doing Country again is because they can't rap and RnB and Pop is a dead end. Normani can't even put an album out. My baby girl Tinashe got dropped. Rappers out here gotta be scammers and drug dealers.

So they rather be token Country singers and entertain them good ol' boys she girls that walk into Wal-Mart armed.

I ain't mad at 'em, because they getting their money but let's not pretend Black America actually like Country music.

You can like an album/song from an artist and not necessarily like the genre but it's perfectly fine to find yourself listening to other songs from that genre lol

This is due to men thinking too damn hard about what is "respectable" and what is not.

Lol I knew plenty of men like that back in the day.

Wouldn't date nobody with a biblical name. Wouldn't date nobody with they sister name. Their play cousin name. Their momma name. Their big momma name.

Nigga, we didn't have Denishas, Caresha and Shawanas, and shit back then, probably made up names just so motherfuckers would fuck.

First White girlfriend had my momma's name. I fucked that bitch raw every other Sunday. I was 19.

Lol niggas thought I was weird, lol, I was like y'all niggas weird not fucking half the women in our neighborhood over a fucking name.

Does the girl have a middle or nickname?

I wouldn't let something like this trip me up and possibly miss out on a good woman
That's why I said maybe. It was never a thought until my boy brought it up.

You can like an album/song from an artist and not necessarily like the genre but it's perfectly fine to find yourself listening to other songs from that genre lol

People like Beyonce, so they gonna listen to whatever Beyonce puts out and act like it's the greatest thing ever.

My thing is this weird revivalist sentiment that Black Americans do about "lost genres".

It's a romanticism that gets on my nerves.

Black folks stopped doing Country, Rock and etc for a reason... because we made a better fucking genre. Black Americans are the greatest musical cultural force in the world because we abandon art forms and genre conventions.

Lol but motherfuckers still think Elvis stole rock and roll and hate Eminem, and refuse to age out of Hip Hop.

All this to say, fuck Country music. If Taylor Swift abandoned it at the height of her career at the time and got even bigger doing Pop...why Black artists should take her leftovers lol.

She can sing whatever she wants, I just want Black Americans to stop pretending that they like Rock, Country, Jazz and Blues because we are originators of it. As if we got some spiritual ancestral claim to music genres that we haven't listened to since the Great Migration.

Hip Hop has dominated Black American Youth since the 90s because it's a better art form. It's more immediate, primal, and expressive and it utilizes technology to the fullest.

Only reason why young Black artists started doing Country again is because they can't rap and RnB and Pop is a dead end. Normani can't even put an album out. My baby girl Tinashe got dropped. Rappers out here gotta be scammers and drug dealers.

So they rather be token Country singers and entertain them good ol' boys she girls that walk into Wal-Mart armed.

I ain't mad at 'em, because they getting their money but let's not pretend Black America actually like Country music.

I love metal and rock in general. Both were the first genre that got me into listening to music on a regular basis. I think a lot more black people would openly express interest in other genres if there was greater exposure to it during their youth. My mom's friends tried to convince her I was devil worshiper because I listened to Sepultura. lol

Particularly with rock/metal, I don't know any new artist though. It's as if the genre stopped evolving after 2001.

When it comes to black interest being openly shared...it just takes more mainstream exposure. I didn't know too many black people watching anime in 99'/2000'. Now, apparently every black person under 40 watches anime...where the hell were they when I was in middle school?

People like Beyonce, so they gonna listen to whatever Beyonce puts out and act like it's the greatest thing ever.

My thing is this weird revivalist sentiment that Black Americans do about "lost genres".

It's a romanticism that gets on my nerves.

Black folks stopped doing Country, Rock and etc for a reason... because we made a better fucking genre. Black Americans are the greatest musical cultural force in the world because we abandon art forms and genre conventions.

Lol but motherfuckers still think Elvis stole rock and roll and hate Eminem, and refuse to age out of Hip Hop.

All this to say, fuck Country music. If Taylor Swift abandoned it at the height of her career at the time and got even bigger doing Pop...why Black artists should take her leftovers lol.
Did they make a better genre or did white people do what they do and gradually phased them out

Absolutely, when you think about it, all these years and they still haven’t mastered how to handle “gifted” kids. Which were essentially just kids that got grasp concepts with little time.

Back